August 1, 2014 | 1217 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Mittenzzs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

amazing amazing product. I use it every night after cleansing, and when I wake up in the morning my skin is smoother, brighter and more even. I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and my skin has definitely improved in texture and color. I will always keep this product near me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by lanyc

who else buys stuff after randomly finding it in the drug store and then decides "tomorrow's the day i start!", bring it home, and just never, ever touch it again??

I'm guilty. I bought this toner about 2 years ago, and it has been sitting in my mirror cabinet in the bathroom since. I've even moved a year ago, and still, it sat in this bathroom mirror cabinet.

I used it, non consistently, once a week here, once a month there....once every 6 months. I found toners to be SUPER annoying, and often times wondered if this extra step is even worth it, or necessary.

I have combination skin. some areas are normal, some are extremely oily, and some are dry. this summer has not been good to me. my face oil-ing out every chance it got, melting make up off of my face. setting prays didn't help, and that's when i started doing research to find products to help my skin be less oily, and i found reviews on dickinson's witch hazel toner. and then i remembered, "don't i have this living in my bathroom??"

I've used it consistently for about 3 weeks now. Every night i wash my face, and tone, and moisturize. i really do notice a difference. aside from eliminating excess oil, i noticed my pores are smaller, my skin tone is even, and dark spots from the occasional adult acne are disappearing/fading quicker. in fact when aunt flo came to visit me (which was roughly 2 weeks in of using this stuff) i noticed that i didn't get those horrible cystic, "i'm turning 13 again" pimples i usually get when my hormones are out of whack. quite surprising. i use less moisturizer/product, and don't feel the need to slather my face with cream. it has really worked out so well for me.

based on my experience with this product, i give it 5 lippies. i had this gold mine sitting in my bathroom and following me from one house to the next, and i had no idea what i was NOT using...

i only use this once a day, at night only. it has given me amazing results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to toner. I've been using it for about 5 months and absolutely love it. I have extremely oily acne prone skin and this didn't irritate it at all. I use it twice a day, right before my moisturizer in the morning and right after washing my face at night.

PROS:
-VERY cheap - around $4 for a huge bottle
-Can be found at any drug store/major retailer
-Doesn't dry out my skin
-Makes my skin feel very refreshed
-Dries out my pimples
-Takes out any excess makeup you may have missed

CONS:
-The smell is a little strange..but I think that's how all witch hazel smells. You get used to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by MLNx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since I was about 14, and was just starting to get that horrible acne and didn't know how to control it.. and I'm still using it! My skin has gone through havoc from different medications, weather changes, different climates etc.. from extremely oily, to dry, to combination you name it! This is honestly the only toner I come back to again and again and doesn't mess with my skin. I've used Dermalogica, Clean and Clear, Formula 10.0.6, Garnier, Neutrogena and they all seemed to dry out and irritate my skin even more than all the madness that was going on at the time! Okay, so I will admit the smell is HORRIBLE and everyone in my house knows when I've used it because of the scent, but hey.. If it cleans your face then who cares? It keeps my skin at a normal balance.. doesn't dry it out or make it more oily which I love! Another great thing about this is the fact that it can be used for other things other than the face, like shaving rash/cuts etc. I use this in the mornings before I apply my moisturizer, to prep for makeup and before bed, before applying my moisturizer! I don't know what else there is to say really.. It's just a basic toner and necessity in my skincare routine and does what I want it to do!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I read a lot of good things about healing acne and facial issues with witch hazel but it only made mine worse... I used it as a toner and I developed large cysts under y skin. I still gave it a high rating though because it works great to clean cuts and scrapes on other parts of the body

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by aliciamay310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such an amazing toner for oily skin. It definitely diminished my breakouts and kept my face less oily for longer. The only down is the smell, but this stuff works, so I deal with it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Lucieofthevalley

This is for the original yellow formula: I have replaced all other astringents with this witch hazel, and my skin loves it! It helps keep my skin clear, and reduces oil production. I also use it to tend to ingrown bikini line hairs, reduce itchiness from bug bites, and the occasional back breakout. Great product overall!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ovanel

This product is so amazing at such an affordable price. I was looking for a simple, gentle, and effective toner and this toner fit the bill. My skin is acne-prone and sensitive. I usually have trouble implementing new products into my skincare routine because my skin goes haywire and starts developing closed comedones and whiteheads all over. I had no problem with this toner, it got rid of any makeup and face wash residue that was left over on my skin and balanced it out. My skin has improved since using this toner and I have less redness on my cheeks since it's so calming and I also have not been getting much whiteheads. Love this stuff.

The only downside is the smell was a bit strong the first few times I used it but I got used to it and don't smell anything anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by dbdb70

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think witch hazel is a good mult-use product, but in terms of acne skin care which is what I'm mainly reviewing it for it just doesn't work for me. I've tried this brand and others, some that are alcohol free and they really don't help my skin. I also try to just use it to spot clean where I've broken out and it does nothing. I so wish it helped my acne prone skin because it is so cheap and a simple product. I'm sure for some it likely works well. The upside is if you buy it to try, it's not expensive and if it doesn't work on your face you can use it for other areas of the body. Not to be graphic here, but my rectal skin gets very irritated and witch hazel works well to calm that. And, if you look at any hemmoroid product, such as Tucks you'll see witch hazel is a key ingredient. You can also use it to clean makeup brushes. I use it to freshen my finger and toe nails since I don't use nail polish. However, it's not a product I would make sure I always have.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by thekayesade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

simply wonderful with no problems went from oily to combination in 1 year.