April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Skinny Dip

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

a perfect, creamy, clovey, coconutty, moisturizing, violety, product. i can't think of a single bad thing to say about skinnydip in any incarnation (although i felt the buttercream suited it best.) i used to buy an entire ring of this stuff when it was in buttercream form - it's THAT GOOD.

i will never forgive LUSH for discontinuing this product. it was bad enough they took the shower gel away, but then the buttercream?!?!? for real?!?!? honest to god LUSH, why do you keep disconning cult products?!? bathos is gone, skinnydip is gone, and you put out all these lame fruity flowery things instead? do you ever listen to your consumers, your target audience? the fact that this lovely, perfect product is no longer available in any form is absolutely shameful. stop trying to make products for teenagers and get back to what you did best. you're losing core, loyal customers while you aim for youngsters that won't even give a shiny rats ringhole about your products or your company ethics in a few years (if that.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this stuff. I never tried the gel, only the solid.

It leaves my skin feeling clean and moisturized and the scent relaxed me. It is a comforting scent to me, I can't remember where I know it from, but I do from my childhood.

I would buy this again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yummy. Not as chocolatey smelling as most people think. This is more of a perfumey smell. I typically dont go for perfumey things...but I love this one. It is actually very hard to explain. I think I am drawn in by the Clary Sage.It is the most moisturizing of the shower gels and actually makes a great shampoo. Your hair will feel great and soft, be super clean, and smell wonderful. What more could you ask for???

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I looove this one! :) Great feeling on the skin, and leaves it really smooth :D
I bought this one 2 times, but they were different in consistency, the first was really buttery, and the 2nd was hard. Would've loved them to be equal :p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 8:06:00 AM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

Another one of Lush's big love it or hate it products. Sadly, too many must have hated it, since its no longer available in the bottle. Probably the most moisturising shower creme i have ever used and i was never without it. The solid version isn't exactly what i was used to. Its not the same. Bring back Skinny Dip in liquid form!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Sakuru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok I tried it as a shower gel, and now in it's recent incarnation. I just don't get what all the hype is about. I did smell the cloves but I got no white chocolate or anything else. I normally love clove and love white chocolate, this just did nothing for me.

It was moisturizing enough and non stripping which is good. I absolutely HATE the new incarnation of it in the solid block. If they brought it back into a shower gel formulation, I might even be tempted to give it another go to see if I might change my mind about this. I want to like it... but am still on the fence about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 8:55:00 PM More reviews by blueberri

Ohhhh my beloved skinny dip gel. I hoard this, seriously. I can't get enough of the amazing creamy spicy scent. I get flooded with compliments when I use it too :) "Such an unusual, but gorgeous scent!" "You smell amazing!"

I love the way this gel moisturises too - my skin feels calm and silky soft.

The thin texture is unusual, but I find it lasts longer this way. I just make sure to tip it up over my shower-puff and it's perfect :D

I love the scent. It smells so sensual to me. The boy loves it too :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2006 4:10:00 AM More reviews by nyada

This shower gel was runnier than I expected but still produces masses of bubbles, especially when used in conjunction with a shower pouf. Lovely smell - reminds me of a chai latte! I'm not sure about the moisturising properties - I always have to moisturise after my shower. Perfect for a cold winter's day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2006 8:23:00 PM More reviews by shoegal5683

This is one of my favorite shower gels! I just adore the smell!!! It is comforting like a warm blanket in the winter. If I could eat this I would! I am so upset that Lush discontinued this product. The buttercream that they replaced this with pales in comparison. I do think this is a smell that you either love or hate. In my case I am in love!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 12:47:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

eww. Had great expectations for this and all I got were small hopes. It defintely lathered well and made my skin soft, but the scent was gross. Like cloves and something else. No chocolate notes. For those who love it, more power to you. As for me, I prefer slammer.