September 18, 2014 | 2172 users online

Scrubs - Aesop - Tea-Tree Leaf Facial Exfoliant

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I would have given a higher rating if this didn't give me breakouts every time I used it. I like the versatility of being able to mix this into a mask or cleanser to turn them into exfoliating treatments. Perhaps it was too astringent or too coarse for my skin. The packaging is also a little awkward - not travel friendly - as the rubber stopper doesn't seal securely.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Dianaphamfatale

Wow. Aesop is truly a remarkable brand. For a very long time I've had issues with dry skin that's often flaky, which can be difficult for applying foundation. I've used other exfoliants in the past, thinking everything was a gimmick cause nothing seemed to work. I'm serious.

I kind of gave up on exfoliating so I went on having dry unexfoliated skin. When I started to use the Aesop brand (I use their toner, fabulous face oil and mandarin face cream) my skin was beginning to brighten and the blemishes were noticeably reduced. I thought I'd give the tea tree exfoliant a go, considering the other stuff was quite nice.

Let me tell you, this stuff is incredible. After one wash my skin was feeling smooth and polished and so soft. My foundation went on effortlessly. I even had compliments from friends who noticed how smooth my face seemed.

I know different products work for different people, but this is great for me. It's so natural and it's definitely worth every penny. There's only one problem I have, and it's the packaging. It's cute but often too much comes out and it goes everywhere.

But other than that a 10/10 exfoliant!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Tzatziki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really a great product that's also fun to use. No, it's not an exfoliant when you're in a hurry, but it's very pleasurable to use at the sink when you have some extra time. I mix it with some other Aesop gel facewash that I bought and use them together. My skin feels very very smooth afterwards....it's pretty aggressive stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I have combination-oily skin, with blackheads and prone to acne. This scrub was way too harsh for my skin. I used it 2 times and it went in the bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by keeza3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is amazing. I have pretty flaky skin around my nose and chin with an oily t-zone. I get whiteheads and blackheads on my chin and nose - this is something I have had since I was a teenager, I am 29 years old now. I resigned myself to the fact that nothing would get rid of my blackheads. For a while clinique worked but my skin built up a tolerance to it. I then wasted a few thousand dollars on other products - you name it, I have tried it and it is probably in my bathroom cupboard. I have found this and never looked back. I use it with my normal clarins cleanser at times but for a really deep, powerful clean to get all the muck and congestion out I use it with the AESOP exfoliant paste which has lactic acid as well as little grains in it. It's pretty heavy duty stuff but I only use it once a week and my skin feels like a baby's bottom afterwards. The price is quite steep - I live in New Zealand so it's even more expensive than other places but so worth it. I now walk around like a creepy person just fondling my own face because my skin feels so fabulously smooth and clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by bethin

The packaging is super inconvenient but despite that, I love this exfoliator. It's value for money and does what it's supposed too, plus it feels like your skin is actually getting exfoliated.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Martiangirlfriend

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having a dry exfoliant is pretty cool, as it allows you to use a cleanser of your choice. I mix this product with a little bit of Aesop facial cleanser in the palm of my hand until it's combined. After rinsing, my face doesn't feel tight, but hydrated and really fresh. I think over time it's settled my skin, in that it's normally acne-prone, but there's been no significant break outs. Packaging slightly inconvenient, but looks good. Smells nice too. It's expensive but so far worth it. Pretty sweet product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Andekate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a consistently excellent facial scrub. I recommend mixing it with an Aesop cleanser of your choice and forming it into a paste in the palm of your hand. I recommend using the product for 2 minutes adding more cleanser when the paste becomes too dry and scratchy on your skin.
I find my skin feels ridiculously smooth after I use this.
Best results are achieved if not used in the shower.
Some people might find it too harsh as it is very grainy but for those of you that don't have sensitive skin this is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG SCRUB!

Best paired with primrose mask for optimum results. Feels like heaven. No regrets

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

Aside from the ASAP scrub, this is my HG scrub. I have also tried the Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste (similar to ASAP) but that smells so strange I was almost sick. The PFEP is very convenient for use in the shower though, whereas this one is a little fussy, therefore only 2 lippies for packaging. Having said that, this product is probably hard to package!
As I say, this is a little fussy for use in the shower. This is because it is a dry formula of ground up tea tree leaves, crushed nuts and clays. You can add water to it (which I do) and it will form a paste, or you can add your cleanser to it (which I also do) and this works really effectively. It seems to stick more to the face this way, whereas mixing it with water eventually dries a bit as you're applying and it will start to fall into the basin. This is designed for use with Aesop cleansers.
For shower use, I have to either risk water getting in the bottle (leaving the bottle unopened on the ledge and reaching for it) or I have to mix it before I get in the shower and hold my hand in a fist then get in quickly. Both ways work sorta ok, but do NOT put this bottle in the shower and then open it in there. You will get water in the bottle and this will mix with the product.
Why I love this scrub: it is the only scrub apart from the ASAP which does not give me a pimple. Sounds strange, but with my skin, every scrub I have ever used has seemed to open up pores to risk of bacteria. I have always put it down to the tea tree in this killing any bacteria which may be there. The other thing is this is effective but gentle. It doesn't scratch like Microdermabrasion in a Jar because all the exfo particles are natural. No sharp edges. But it will exfo your skin a great deal and you will feel extremely fresh! Not raw.
Highly recommend this over other scrubs - I have tried St Ives peach, Body Shop, Neutrogena, Microderm in a Jar, Clean & Clear, Garnier, heaps of others I can't remember!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60