August 23, 2014 | 1374 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Facial Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Peachycactus

I'm not thrilled with this but I don't absolutely hate it either. I have oily/combi skin that is sensitive.
It doesn't break me out. That is the only positive thing I can say about it.

Cons:
- I really dislike the texture. It's like a sticky cream, and takes forever to wash off. In fact, it takes so long to wash off that it ends up irritating my skin.
- I don't like the scent.

Possibly best suited to dry skins or winter skin routine. I'm not a fan but I won't be choosing this over my trusty summer Bioderma cleanser.

On the other hand, the vitamin E wipes from this line were SPECTACULAR.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by makeitbitter

From my experience using this product, I must say that this facial wash is not suitable for oily OR combination skin. I thought it was made for all skin types, just like it says on the tube. But it wasn't. It made my face really oily and greasy.... I stopped using it immediately because I thought I had no reason to wash my face just to make it even greasier. I have combination skin, but well, this product is definitely not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by michelina28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product on recommendation from a girl in The Body Shop after originally going in for the Tea Tree Oil Cleanser. After purchasing I headed straight to Makeup Alley to read the reviews and was deflated. But after trying this product for myself I am really loving it. I have very dry skin and have been using the Eve Lom cleanser. This product hydrates my skin like no other cream, moisturiser or cleanser! It smells really nice, isn't overpowering and the smell doesn't last on the skin anyway. I have also been using it in conjunction with the Vitamin E serum (I was given a very generous sample) and find them to work well together. I have acne prone skin and haven't had a breakout since using it, unlike with the Eve Lom which does break me out. They say the Vitamin E also renews skin easier and I think its working to repair broken skin from breakouts. Overally I recommend this product, its very very cheap ($19.95AUD) for what you are getting!

No cons at all to think of yet :) A little also goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I would love this product more if not its drying formula and grandmother scent.

Texture: it is your simple liquid face wash formula, quite creamy and pinky in color. Does it foam up? Difficult to say, I guess it stays milky and doesn't foam that much.

Scent: as I mentioned above - I don't like the smell of this. It reminds me of a very powdery, almost with a bitter touch to it. All Vitamin E range at Body Shop has similar scent to it.

Feel: as soon as I rinse it off my face, my skin feels very stretched and dry. I kind of have that drum surface face if that makes sense, quite an unpleasant feel as some chemicals in this product dry my skin even more out. Of course as soon as I proceed with my oils and creams, it feels better - but I prefer facial washes that go on softer on the skin than this one.

Cleansing: I think it does cleanse the skin though, not harshly and deeply - but moderately good.

Will I re-purchase? I don't think so. Even though the price is nice, I can't bear with the feel and smell of this on my skin continiously. I believe one can get a softer in feel and yet great cleansing facial wash for the same amount of money.

Was nice to try but not impressive.

For more in-depth reviews on other great beauty/makeup products head here: http://thepartyparrot.wix.com/partyparrotblog

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by YoonAit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I use it in winter but can't wash my face in summer. It is well moisturized. It gives soft facial skin. I have normal-oily combination skin type. I can use it when I have normal skin in winter. I think It suits with dry- normal skin. I would buy it in winter again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good for dry skins. It hydrates very well. I enjoyed it when I was using but there are much better products.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by boyforever

horrible product. my skin isnt sensitive and no acne usually but oily. using this coz me breakout although the feeling of using this is so creamy n nice on skin. no more bodyshop product. tried most but horrible

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by nurfitras

My everyday facial wash. I use it along with the other TBS Vitamin E products (cream cleanser, toner, moisturizer, night cream, and eye cream). I repurchase this everytime it runs out! Wonderful product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm posting this after my first try. I find this cleanser a bit too watery for my liking, I feel that it doesn't do a good job at cleansing, especially since I put make up on almost daily - I want a cleanser that can do a thorough job. I do like the smell though, and I like the packaging too. However, I don't think I'll repurchase.

Reading all the comments about the product drying their skin, or causing breakouts make me feel worried if I should continue using this cleanser....

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by joana7

Creamy and mild cleanser with a pleasant smell. Good for winter months when skin is dry and sensitive. But somehow I am not in love with this cleanser, I think it is just ok. I would repurchase if on promotion. Extra points for not being tested on animals!