November 26, 2014 | 1799 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Coquette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

What an awesome satin color to keep in your pallet for just about any use except the browbone. I actually saw this color in a you tube tutorial and decided to get it. This Kakhi green/brown color works on the lid for crease work, 1 shadow look smudging on lower lash line just about anywhere you want a subtle look but not nude. It also blends with just about any other shadow color. I can see this being a bit muddy on some skin tones but I think for most all it will be one of those colors to keep reaching for when you need just that something extra. I suggest get a Z pallet and if you can buy the refill pans you'll save money in the long run. I know you can recycle the emptys but for the MAC shadows that's my preference.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

C3 AAB black hair with very sparse brows Ė I mean they are going bald to the point that I was considering permanent makeup for a minute. Luckily I like my brows on the thin side, but this is not from over-plucking bc I am missing hairs in weird areas which have never been tweezed. I have a good many hairs that you can see have some minute growth and then have just stopped right there, in itís little stubby state. Iíve recently lost a couple of the formerly long ones and became very concerned.

I have been using Coquette for many yrs to fill in my brows after reading a review long ago which mentioned that it was an exact color dupe for Lancome sable eyebrow pencil which I used for yrs as well (but that record has been beat 2x over by coquette). As stated by others, the is the Perfect shade for those with black hair. Brush on lightly with an angled eyebrow brush. The pigmentation is just right and very natural. Adds just enough for a more natural look. If this is the only thing you are using to fill in your brows, try topping them with Mac Brow Set in Beguile. I think youíll be pleased. I am loving the combination.

Iíve actually never tried this as an eyeshadow for eye looks, but will have to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous color. The reviews pretty much say it all. I sometimes don't like to fuss with multiple colors, and this is perfect to just dust on the lid and crease for a neutral but noticeable hint of color and a bit of a smoky look. To me...it looks more like a khaki/cool brown as opposed to a taupe, but it really isn't an issue. It's a perfect neutral color. What I found interesting is that when I use it alone as a lid/crease color, it makes my green eyes really pop. Usually it takes something cool- like pink or purple for that to happen, but some aspect of this color really works with green eyes. I'll be using it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Birddoc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite crease color. It works with nearly every base color, and I find myself reaching for it more than any other. Very neutral and soft. After reading other reviews I'm going to try it on my brows, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by VioletShimmers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have finally found it -- the perfect eyebrow shade for my black brows! I must have tried up to a 100 products by this point, but I was always searching for The One. My quest led to me brow pencils, brow powders, and brow gels/creams, but nothing looks as natural, lasts as long, AND is as easy to apply as MAC's eyeshadow in Coquette. The color is wonderful darkened taupe-brown shade. For those with black hair, it's important to go lighter with your brow product because you don't want harsh black eyebrows. I find that most dark brown shades are still too dark or have a unnatural red undertone to them, so I look for taupe or ash brown colors.

To apply Coquette, I simply dip my EcoTools Angled Brush into the pot and sweep it into my brows in small strokes for instant brow definition and color. I love how it lasts all day until I take off my makeup at night. I find that brow powders don't produce a super bold eyebrow like pencils and brow gels/creams can unless you really pack on the color, which makes this a great fool-proof product for an everyday look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know why I ever swapped for this shade since I never wear browns/neutrals on my eyes. But since I dyed my blonde hair brown, and have light blonde brows, I decided to give shadows a try in place of brow crayons.
This works really well for me with a slanted brush. The only problem is my makeup bag fell on the floor and the shadow broke, so now I am left with a huge chunk missing. That will shorten its time I use it, and have to replace it faster than I normally would have :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A great shade for brows and eyes. Coquette is medium, cool satin brown that looks boring in the MAC display, but I use it almost every day on my brows and regularly to contour my creases. I have light brown hair and thin brows, and Coquette on a small, angled brush is great for filling in only my brow arches (this is often all you need to enhance brows) or the entire brow when I want a stronger shape. It's a good alternative to Fling brow pencil, which I also have.

This neutral color is also a great crease tone because it's satiny and easy to blend. Working it into the eyelid is easy and quick, and the color creates beautiful, natural depth. I have fair skin, and browns can look dirty and bruised on me, but not this one. I think this is a pretty universal shade that shouldn't be overlooked, despite being so nondescript.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Recently discovered this gorgeous neutral brown. I've never thought to use it on my brows, but it makes a gorgeous lid color and blends really smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Coquette. Satin (I find it matte) mid-toned dirty brown with a hint of olive.
Good color for crease area but I mostly use it to fill in my eyebrows. Perfect for it (and the olive does not show in your eyebrow, don't worry).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Indigo1707

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have cool, very dark brown hair, but I don't like having very dark brows, so mixed with MAC's Omega, this creates the perfect brow color for me. I bought this with Omega to put in a 2-space MAC custom palette specifically for my eyebrows. It's very muted and appears almost greyish in the pan, but mixed with Omega on the brows, it comes out to be a lovely light to medium ash brown that defines the brows without any harshness. I also will use this as a crease color for neutral looks. Very versatile!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No