Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.7

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

on 8/17/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm just not a fan of this. I have been given this as samples a couple times and don't think its any better than eye creams half its cost. The consistency is extremely odd... Watery but takes forever to soak in.

on 7/28/2015 7:54:00 AM

this is OK for an eye cream. i have used this eye cream for over 2 years and
to be honest it doesnt do anything for your eyes besides hydrate them.
its very thick rich and creamy so it takes a little more effort to apply it.
i usually just rub the product between my ring fingers and then gently tap it in my under eye for a few seconds.
i like how it has avacado in it.
the price is pretty good ($41.00 in AUS) for an eye cream.
would not re purchase because i have much more problematic eye area concerns than just hydration.
would recommend it for someone who is just looking to hydrate their under eye area.

on 7/12/2015 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

So I have rebought this product twice-once in the small jar and once again in the jar. It is by far one of the most moisturizing eye creams I have used, but it doesn't seem to do anything else for my eyes. After I take it off, my eyes do not feel moisturized. When I first bought it, for a week my eyes stung but then my eyes got used to it. The consistency is weird and watery and you def need to wait for it to sink in before you apply concealer. I usually did 2-3 layers. Now I use the mario badescu olive eye cream-it is cheaper and way more moisturizing since I only use one layer-too bad it is in a a jar though like the kiehls one-I hate jar packaging!

on 7/12/2015 6:20:00 AM

I dont get the fuss around this product. Its a good moisturizer and a little quantity will serve you a really long time, but I dont find anything miraculous in it. Its not working more than plumping the skin, its just another product that works superficially, as so many others that cost less. I also dont like that super greasy consistence (there were times when I was inside my home, and i felt the need to wipe away this product because it was just making me feel ugly-greasy and underlining my undereye circle). Dont buy it without trying it in advance.

on 7/9/2015 5:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this as a sample, since so many people I know love it. I tend to get eczema and other irritation around my eyes, so I'm generally pretty careful about what I put on my skin. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me.

Pros:
Hydrates, and a little goes a long way.

Cons:
Not a fan of the consistency - thick, but stayed put on the surface and didn't absorb very well. I never ended up feeling that "burst of hydration" they mention, even after taking my time rubbing it between my fingers and tapping/pressing into the skin. I found it to irritate the under eye area and emphasize any fine lines, not that I have so many to begin with (which seems to defeat the purpose of an eye cream, ha).

Worth trying if you're on the lookout for an eye cream, but I'd get a sample first!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Decent eye cream, it feels nice and hydrating, sinks in really quickly even though its oily at first, and doesnt irritate my sensitive skin. The price absolutely sucks for how little it does though, I wouldn't buy it again but I'll keep using it because it works well for me under makeup or at night.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a very nice moisturising cream. I use it only in the night, since its a bit too thick for me to use it during the day. Despite the fact that it does not address the needs of fine lines, etc. somehow my under eye area looks better in the morning. The skin feels soft and even the fine lines seam to improve. I think the price is fair enough for the product. The cream comes in a pot, which is not really my fav, but considering its thick consistency, I guess there is no other way. I would say this product does deserve its hype.

on 5/23/2015 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

To be quite honest this is just a really expensive moisturiser no different it seems from any regular reasonably priced face cream. I've been trying out this product for well over a month now with zero visible differences. I have dry skin in my under eye area and was looking for something to moisturise and plump up the area as well as to reduce fine lines a little via hydration. This product is extremely pricey for what it is and the amount you get. I was keen to purchase this as i've only heard good things about the brand and this was my first purchase from them so i'm pretty gutted. If you are on the hunt for a decent hydrating eye cream and are willing to pay a little extra I would save your cash and invest elsewhere. Equally i've learnt that pricey doesn't mean quality.

on 5/20/2015 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very nice product.

I think it's important, firstly, to note what this product says it will do, and what it does not. This product is for moisturizing. It does not claim "anti-aging" benefits. It does not say it will erase lines, or reduce puffiness, or get rid of dark circles. It says it will hydrate and smooth, and it does.

This cream is, well, very creamy. It is very rich without being heavy. A tiny dab goes a long way. The trick is to keep rubbing it, and the texture transforms from that of a rich cream to an almost watery emollient. It absorbs nicely, and you might say it "dries down" to a smooth, velvety texture. It is brilliant under eye makeup - no slipping or streaking, no pilling or cake-y creasing. It does help a little with fine lines inasmuch as it hydrates and thus plumps up the skin. It is very gentle and soothing. I have had problems with eczema on my eyelids, but this causes no irritation whatsoever. They claim it won't "migrate" in to your eyes. I think if it does, you must be applying way too much.

Because it doesn't have all the anti-wrinkle ingredients, and because it is so nice under eye makeup, I use this during the day, and lean towards other products at night, unless my skin is feeling especially sensitive or irritated, in which case I do just a little dab of this.

As others have mentioned, Kiehl's is generous with samples, and this is so concentrated that there is enough product in the sample packet to give you a good idea of it's performance and how it re/acts with your skin.

Definite recommendation.

on 4/26/2015 11:51:00 PM

This is the best eye-cream ever. After years spending a lot of money with expensive brands, this is the the only one that really moisturizes my eye area. Yes, it has a different consistency from other cream, but after 5 minutes your eye area is brighter and softer.