Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.7

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

on 5/23/2015 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

To be quite honest this is just a really expensive moisturiser no different it seems from any regular reasonably priced face cream. I've been trying out this product for well over a month now with zero visible differences. I have dry skin in my under eye area and was looking for something to moisturise and plump up the area as well as to reduce fine lines a little via hydration. This product is extremely pricey for what it is and the amount you get. I was keen to purchase this as i've only heard good things about the brand and this was my first purchase from them so i'm pretty gutted. If you are on the hunt for a decent hydrating eye cream and are willing to pay a little extra I would save your cash and invest elsewhere. Equally i've learnt that pricey doesn't mean quality.

on 5/20/2015 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very nice product.

I think it's important, firstly, to note what this product says it will do, and what it does not. This product is for moisturizing. It does not claim "anti-aging" benefits. It does not say it will erase lines, or reduce puffiness, or get rid of dark circles. It says it will hydrate and smooth, and it does.

This cream is, well, very creamy. It is very rich without being heavy. A tiny dab goes a long way. The trick is to keep rubbing it, and the texture transforms from that of a rich cream to an almost watery emollient. It absorbs nicely, and you might say it "dries down" to a smooth, velvety texture. It is brilliant under eye makeup - no slipping or streaking, no pilling or cake-y creasing. It does help a little with fine lines inasmuch as it hydrates and thus plumps up the skin. It is very gentle and soothing. I have had problems with eczema on my eyelids, but this causes no irritation whatsoever. They claim it won't "migrate" in to your eyes. I think if it does, you must be applying way too much.

Because it doesn't have all the anti-wrinkle ingredients, and because it is so nice under eye makeup, I use this during the day, and lean towards other products at night, unless my skin is feeling especially sensitive or irritated, in which case I do just a little dab of this.

As others have mentioned, Kiehl's is generous with samples, and this is so concentrated that there is enough product in the sample packet to give you a good idea of it's performance and how it re/acts with your skin.

Definite recommendation.

on 4/26/2015 11:51:00 PM

This is the best eye-cream ever. After years spending a lot of money with expensive brands, this is the the only one that really moisturizes my eye area. Yes, it has a different consistency from other cream, but after 5 minutes your eye area is brighter and softer.

on 4/13/2015 1:20:00 AM

this is only the third brand of eye cream I ever used. still I have very little to compare it to. in comparison to the Clinique eye cream and the origins eye cream.... this one is the most moisturizing. I purchased the smaller size which retails for $28 which is similar to the other brands. a little dab of product does go a long way. it helps my concealer go on smooth. like others have stated I have not seem much improvement on my fine lines. after I finish this eye cream I'm off to continue my search.

on 3/31/2015 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

What a disappointment! I read some good reviews and decided to try this one out - I've used most of the fairly large pot and it doesn't perform better or worse than your supermarket brands.

That said there is no smell which i like, it's quite thick so a little goes a long way.

No reduction in dark circles, no visible decrease in lines although i have not observed any puffiness under my eyes - but i can't be sure it's due to the eye cream.

on 3/22/2015 11:23:00 AM

Bought this out of curiousity - ended up loving it. I first grab a few drops with the my spatula and place it onto my fingertips, dap it onto each other and applicate it onto my skin - the avocado just glides on so smoothly. It instantly refreshes the skin under my eyes and makes them look and feel less tired. This one is in my every day skincare routine - and it will remain there. *Update: It should come in a pump, since the ingredients will remain intact.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

After reading many positive reviews of this product I decided to buy it as my under eyes were getting very dry. I have been using it every evening evening for a week and I have to say I am quite disappointed. I have not noticed any hydration whatsoever (if anything my eyes actually feel more dry!) and it stings so badly! I have tried every different technique of applying the cream and still can't manage to see any differrence.

I didn't want to give it a terrible review as a week isn't very long to have used a product for but I thought it was worth mentioning as I was expecting to see results quickly based on other reviews.

I will continue to use the product daily and hopefully I will be impressed and be able to write a more glowing review in a month or so.

on 2/20/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am confused by all the wonderful ratings this product has. I bought the large jar because my friend who works for the company said it was the best.. Personally, I don't get the appeal. It is very thick and needs to warm on your skin before it sinks in and then in runs into your eyes and burns like crazy! Every time I use it, it hurts my eyes. Ugh. After I gave it a long fair run.. I still just hated it so much - I just gave it away. Ps. This line does contain a lot of harsh ingredients.. It is definitely not as 'natural' as it claims to be.

on 2/16/2015 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It does what it claims to do, and it has a nice texture. However, similar products can be found in a lower price range.

I'm truly fascinated with this texture-changing eye cream. After a few light swipes, the thick cream transformed into a base that's so smooth it felt almost like water. The marketing terms it as a "quick burst release of hydration". Once application is complete, the smooth base reverts to its original creamy texture, plumping up your eye area and giving it great suppleness.

What's Good?