July 28, 2014 | 984 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - True Illusion Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by TiddlieWinks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay so. I've been using this product for over 6 months [and still working on it] and it's really amazing. I read some other reviews, that the concealer has a bit of an orange tinge to it - which is perfect for me! I'm half Asian so my skin is a mix between pinks and oranges, and this concealer goes on easily, and blends nicely. It has a angeled tip [same as UDPP] which helps me accurately put it on where I need it most. Fantastic product. <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybelline concealers and foundations can be disappointingly hit and miss, and there are fewer pet annoyances of mine, than an unreliable concealer. This one should be renamed "True Delusional"!. That said, I think that I 'splashed out' and purchased this at a Dollar Tree, so it might have been 'off' and/or past the sell by date to begin with. It smelled disturbingly metallic, mustard-like and sour. I tried the lightest shade, which, on application, was three shades deeper than even my Summer skin tone. Oh, man, was this orange!. Dried way too fast on me, and streaky, besides. It just sat there like matte paint!. Gah. Granted, the label said it had an SPF of 10, but I wouldn't go outside wearing this, anyway. Not for anything!. Even amongst drugstore concealers, there are far better selections out there-including a concealer by Covergirl.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by yclyncrz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible, horrible, horrible. All it did was make my skin feel sticky. That's it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just like trying new concealers and this was cheap so I decided to give it a try. The consistency is gel-like and feels sticky on the skin. The lightest shade is dark and orange-toned, which I thought would be okay for an undereye concealer, since I don't want that deer in the headlights look you get from a concealer that's too light.

Anyway, I dotted the product on like I would with any other concealer, and began to blend by patting with my finger. The product transferred to my finger and didn't stay on my undereye. I tried again and the same thing happened. It didn't cover anything, and the only way I could tell there was product on my skin was the stickiness. This doesn't work at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Zelicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have found that no concealer really works. When you have blemishes due to the texture it's pretty much impossible to cover. This didn't work well at covering the coloring that old blemishes left behind either. BUT!!! I LOVE IT! I used it as a base/foundation. I use bareminerals, I use almost there whole line. I just don't really think their concealer (mineral bisque) works either, so I use this underneath. I refuse to buy high end concealers. I don't care how well they work I don't want to buy them. I look for products that specifically say "does not clog pores." I also don't want my face looking cakey or like it has make up on. Unfortunately I can never ever find this anywhere. In the last 2 months I have searched walmart, ride aid, target, CVS, and more. I have searched more than one of each of these stores and have had no luck whatsoever. I feel like Maybelline discontinued this. If anyone could tell me about a foundation/base or another concealer that works similarly to this and is in the price range people let me know!!

so as a concealer I rate it lowly but I love the product overall. I'd give it 5 stars but I don't want to trick people into believing it works well as a CONCEALER.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Terrible concealer does not help with undereyes The only thing good about it is SpF 10 Maybe thats why its called "undetectable" because there is no difference before or after I have put it on Save your money

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by hmag7386

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE: If you're looking for a great undereye concealer like I was, try Everyday Minerals. After extensive reading of reviews and trial & error, I've found my HG HG HG concealer with them- and I can't believe it's a powder! This Maybelline concealer was my staple for years up until recently. I still love it very much, but I no longer need it. Here's my overall review!:

I'd been using this concealer for a longggggg time. The reason why I kept coming back to it is because it does everything I expect a concealer should, for a reasonable price. I have very very dark, persistent, genetic undereye circles and have to put lots of concealer on no matter what. This product has the perfect shade (True Ivory), and it goes on easily, isn't greasy, and sets in quickly. It blends FLAWLESSLY into the skin. No one can tell you have makeup on. In fact, I can use this as a base under just about anything. It also doesn't crease or crack, hallelujah! It doesn't clog my pores, break me out, or dry my skin. However, I find the coverage isn't enough for what I specifically need. I can only use it as a base coat under other concealers (I used to use a combination of Clinique's Advanced concealer and their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion). Basically, this Maybelline concealer by itself is a great product. For my specific needs, I just need a bit more coverage. But in all respects, this is what you should have in a concealer, and if you don't have crazy bad undereye circles like me, I'd definitely give this a try. Maybelline has never let me down yet. This is my HG "base coat" concealer!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by SushiGirl8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product in true cameo for years and years before it was discontinued in Canada - it was the perfect shade for my skin and concealed everything perfectly.
Since being discontinued, I've tried buy it in the US since they still make it there and it's definitely not the same product! Still good, but doesn't last as long and it's a few shades off - huge disappointment.

Yes I would repurchase only if Canadian Maybelline started making it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by msulliv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the previous poster: foundation is a must with this product. I have tried to apply it under foundation, as is customary with most concealers, and all it did was smudge off! But when I tried it over the foundation, it worked much better. Be warned that, for me at least, it seems you have to blend this very soon after you put it on your face, otherwise it will just form a little patch wherever you put it and smudge when you go back to blend it. It does seem to be long-lasting, presumably for the same reason it sticks almost as soon as you put it on your face. And while the color is not good, I just put a bit more foundation over the top of it to disguise it. My major complaint is the wand--it feels very unsanitary to me. While this is a decent product, I think the search for the HG concealer is still on.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by omfgitslisa

I would recommend this product. It works very well only if you feel that the shade is perfect for your skin and only if you apply foundation first. A good foundation is the key. Without foundation it is really hard to apply this product. It will not blend for life and it'll only show traces of smudging on your face. So be careful when you apply it that's all. I think its a decent concealer overall though.