November 24, 2014 | 1848 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Old Skool Eye Shadow Quad

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I can't seem to find this anywhere!!! I really need another one. I ran out of the only shade that I use in it which is the third from the top, the shimmery gold one. That color is my favorite eye shadow color that I have every used in my life. And i have tried tons of high end eyeshadows including the naked palettes, too faced, smashbox, lorac, Stila, ect. This is still my favorite shadow. I would wear it alone with liquid eyeliner and I would always get compliments on my eye makeup. It just looked so beautiful on my brown eyes. The perfect golden shade. I hope I can find another one soon because the gold shade is completely gone in my palette and I have little use for the other 3 colors..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This HG brought me to new Millenium. It was goodbye for '90's makeup - solos and matte. Beginning of new make up era for me. Found this again, and the shimmery beige is still one of the best I have seen in about ten yrs. After finding Hard Candy...found Urban Decay etc. Nostalgia.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by starlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I have a ridiculous amount of makeup (both HE and DS), this is my go-to palette for everyday. This palette comes with a creamy-bone colored base shade with the slightest amount of shimmer (almost undectectable), a matte satiny taupe shade, a peachy gold shimmery shade, and a brown glittery eyeliner.

I use the taupe for my brows with an angled brush as well as in my crease for a very natural, yet polished, look. Base shade on my browbone, and the peachy shimmery shade on the lid.

I was allergic to something in the dark brown shade, so I popped that out and filled it in with another dark brown e/s that I made by mixing some pigments together.

This is simply the best palette I've found in a long time, and I'm glad I have a backup!

BTW, I am an NC 25 (if I remember correctly).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 8:37:00 AM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was ok, but not the best of colors, the best color was the dark brown one, and the gold one,

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by liasaun1

I bought this during a 75% off sale along with the Techno quad and it is definetly NOT as good as Techno. The colors are fine - though frankly, they're not very well pigmented and not very high quality. They kind of just blend into my skin. I have blue/green eyes and really like using golds and browns. I wanted to be able to use this as an everyday look but it's just too boring and not pigmented enough for me. I will be purchasing more hard candy quads but I wasn't impressed with this one at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by afroprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a huge fan of eyeshadow. I'm a mascara and eyeliner kind of girl. I purchased this eyeshadow quad and I love it. The four shades really bring out my dark brown eyes. I wear this almost everyday. I don't mind the price because of the quality of this product. It goes on smooth and lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 5:50:00 PM More reviews by shadyy

It's pricey. Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking when I popped 28$ for this palette. But it's a good palette and the colors go great together. I really adore the gold in this duo. Colors are pigmented and the brushes are tiny, kind of hard to use but they get the job done.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I am 90% sure that this has been reformulated since I bought mine (forever ago!) ... so please take this review with a grain of salt ... as I'm guessing the quality of these shadows has unfortunately gone DOWN.
(For example, all the shadows in mine were imprinted with their names ... that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.)

This is a great set of very highly pigmented pressed powder eyeshadows in the brown-cream-gold color range. The colors practically leap out of the palate onto your makeup brushes, and apply with high intensity. This may be a palate of "neutral" tones, but you can achieve a really dramatic look with it if that's what you're going for.
The gold shadow is simply legendary. I have never used anything else that actually made my eyelids look like they are made out of solid sparkly, metallic gold. Not an effect I go for most days, but great maybe a couple times a year. The cream shade has an iridescent quality, and the medium brown is a really nice liner/more subdued shade that you can use to balance out the rest of the palate.
The shade I like least is the dark brown/gold sparkle shade, just because it's hard to work with as anything but a liner (too pigmented, overwhelms everything else) and I'm just not overly fond of the look it has as a liner.

Anyhow, like I said, this has been changed. I've had this quartet since high school ... obviously I don't use it that often, but it's fun, and a good thing to have.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by adoorbel_gel

I really want to give Hard Candy's Old Skool palette a better rating because I actually bought this when it first came out and was super pleased with it. Neutral shades you could wear anywhere with fantastic pigment housed in a cute package with decent applicators (I don't like using sponge applicators so those were pretty mediocre but I liked the mini slanted brush). But when I bought it the second time around, it seemed like they changed the formulation (I later found out HC had sold the company since and I guess the new owners have cut some corners). It's still a good product but it just doesn't seem up to par with the "original". Because of my disappointment, I prolly would not buy this again but if I received it as a gift, I'd most likely use it. However, if you're a first-time user of Old Skool and therefore have no other point of HC reference, I'd recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are the perfect sparkly neutrals that would work on anybody. Pretty expensive though.