December 19, 2014 | 1158 users online

Moisturizers - Aubrey Organics - Vegecol Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by lillicannon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. I use Atralin (a retinoid) and benzoyl peroxide and these both make my skin red and flaky if I don't moisturize, so I have been on the lookout for a good moisturizer that won't create zits, won't look greasy, and won't sting. This is my HG moisturizer! It sinks in right away, doesn't sting at all, tones down redness, stops flakiness, and wears well under makeup. It is all natural and reasonably priced. (The matching toner, scrub and cleanser are really good, too.) The smell is kind of odd, like lemon pastry, but it dissipates immediately.

For those below who complained that coconut ingredients break them out, they do break me out, too, but this moisturizer has been reformulated without them and doesn't break me out at all. Even better, this doesn't have silicones, which definitely break me out and are present in so many mainstream moisturizers.

A little goes a long way, too: one tube lasted me six months, and I am going to rebuy it, which is huge for me - I'm such a product junkie that I rarely rebuy anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mortal557

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use number 5 in the Aubrey range (oil balancing) but it didn't really help with my oiliness at all so I switched to the Vegecol sensitive and was glad I did. Seemingly for me this seems to help oil better than the oil balancing version, maybe it is slightly more moisturising? I don't seem to get any breakouts from this product and it is easily absorbed, however I am not keen on the smell it smells like something burnt, burnt lemon? Sounds strange but that's my perception of it but luckily once rubbed in the smell goes away very quickly. I do think this could be more moisturising and would say it wouldn't be as suitable for people why dry skin, but hey I have oily skin so try for yourself.
PROS: Lightweight, easily absorbed, doesn't break me out, doesn't make me more oily, despite price lasts a while as only a little needed
CONS: Smell might not be for you but does go away quickly, expensive for 59ml, tube always seems to get air bubbles which 'pops' product out and can waste it, could be slightly more moisturising

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by minervajulia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a nice, light moisturizer that doesn't make me break out (I have very acne-prone skin, which makes finding a good moisturizer challenging). It doesn't feel greasy, and seems to absorb well. It's great for me for those days when my skin is feeling really sensitive but needs a bit of hydration.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by katmendez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

UPDATE: THEY CHANGED THE FORMULA!!!! the original had no alcohol or glycerin and the 1st ingredient was coconut fatty acid cream base. the new formula is about 40% changed, but still contains aloe vera, witch hazel, carrot oil and lemon peel oil. for those of you sensitive to coconut oil/cream, you'll be happy to know the new formula has gotten rid of this altogether.

overall the new formula feels similar, but is less moisturizing. still love it. below is my slightly updated review.

* * *

i have sensitive, acneic, combination skin with large pores, i.e problematic skin! but you wouldn't know it if you saw me now :)

AUBREY VEGECOL WITH ALOE addressed all my dematological issues. the immediate effect of using this cream is threefold: softer skin, mattified skin and smaller pores. the longer-term effect is less extremes of oily and dry patches, ie. balanced skin.

after several hours (4+) the area around my nose does feel greasy, but less so than i'm used to. and even when i feel greasy around my nose, it still looks matte (not sure how that works!).

this has a mild smell of lemon meringue pie. lovely!

as for makeup, my products look better over this cream, but some of you commented otherwise. you'll have to test your products.

this doubles as an excellent eye cream. it softens the under-eye area and fills small lines. it even brightens and depuffs the eye area, but perhaps not as much as creams targeting these 2 issues.

for nighttime, i add a few drops of 100% argan oil to the dry areas of my face (including under eye).

especially when traveling, this is my go-to cream as it triples as daytime, nighttime and eye cream in 1.

there are not too many ingredients and most are recognizable (i.e. not random chemical names). no fragrance or parabens. does contain alcohol and glycerin.

this is my HG skin cream. highly recommended.

[NOTE: for those with skin problems, don't forget to exfoliate your skin regularly (to slough off dead skin cells), drink lots of water (to hydrate from the inside out) and sweat daily (to remove toxins). a healthy lifestyle does far more for the skin than creams IMHO.]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ttime

I'm in my early 40's and have been using Aubrey Organics' Vegecol line for three weeks now. Even though my skin is very dry, most moisturizers I've used - and I've tried many! - have made me break out. This is a gentle product and doesn't feel like a typical moisturizer. It's very light and after applying and allowing the moisturizer to settle, my skin feels as it should; soft and smooth, but not as though I have product on my face. As for the scent, similar to a previous reviewer, it is also for me, reminiscent of warm, lemon meringue pie. No complaints so far. I'm very pleased with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by lilmissprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lotion is very light. it can be absorbed easily but it leaves the skin feel like putting nothing. not moisturizing enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Oryx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using a sample bottle from their traveling kit for about the last 2 weeks and I really like this product! It has not caused any break outs and smells like lemon meringue pie... very nice. My skin is extremely sensitive (can be irritated by water) but this does not sting. It doesn't make my skin oily after a few hours; however, it's true that it may not be moisturizing enough. My biggest problem with this product would be the price and the container. The cream is thick and it seems like it would be hard to get out of the container, although I haven't purchased a full size yet and this may not be the case.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jaymovez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wished I checked some of the reviews here before trying this moisturizer. No wonder the reviews on Aubrey's site and other herbal stores are all 5-stars, they do not allow any bad reviews on them! Anyway I really wished this worked for me too, but like as others have mentioned, this could break you out pretty bad. For me, it was the coconut oil. I cannot tolerate Coconut oils, or much creams and oils on my face. I thought and hoped the Coconut fatty acid cream base might be different, because it was stated as combination of coconut fatty acids, EFA's, and aloe vera.
I called Aubrey's and asked them about it, and they said this does contain a high amount of coconut oil. Don't get me wrong though, this was an excellent moisturizer. It felt light, refreshing, smooth and moisturizing. It absorbed fast, and the smell was amazing. It really does smell like oatmeal cookies.
But if you know you cannot tolerate high amount of creams, oils, or especially Coconut oil, just becareful.
Though I'd say it's still worth a try, since it worked for many other acne-prone skin people.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by MoonsIReflection

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this moisterizer alot,it's great for both oily and dry skins,I have VERY sensitive,normal-to-slightly-oily skin and this works great at lightly moisterizing and soothing my skin,if you're looking for a really deep moisture cream this is probably not it.However this is great for people w/ acne-prone skin cause it's not oily..this does what it says: (Light skin hydrator restores elasticity and calms and conditions sensitive skin without clogging your pores.)I love this product and has now became one of the products I use everyday.Over-all great product my only complaint is that it is only 2 oz!,but you only need a dime size amout to cover your face and neck.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by coolcardboard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Why are the reviews for this so bad?! This moisturizer is great.

My skin is oily in the T-zone, and i have light-moderate acne. This moisturizer is great at soothing redness and evening out my skin tone. I had no problems with the lemon oil that others seem to be irritated by...I think it just depends on your skin. I've been using this for a few days now and I do notice that my skin is a little bit oilier than usual. HOWEVER- whenever you try a new moisturizer, changes in your skin will occur! My skin has done this in the past and after a week or so of using it, the oiliness goes away. I think it's just my skin adjusting to the new moisture.

If you have super dry skin, this might not be for you. It seems to be a pretty light moisturizer.

Overall, I would give it a shot! If you need something to soothe irritation & redness, I'd give it a go. Just make sure the store you buy it from has a good return policy, so if you have problems with the lemon oil, you can just give it back!

^_^