August 27, 2014 | 1793 users online

Candles - Diptyque - Feu de Bois

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect "crackling fire" scented candle. I can't be convinced there is a better smokey, crisp, campfire scent out there. There is something green in here too but I am terrible with scent notes. Perfect for winter with a great throw. It would make an excellent gift for a man or woman. I received it as a deluxe sample with another candle purchase (diptyque had a great holiday deal), and as it finishes I feel sad because I really want the full size! Only drawback of these is the price, of course. The design is perfect. An indulgence/splurge for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by okayyesplease

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I love the smell, the packaging was a rather plain box. The candle smells great up close but it did not fill the air whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by LondonKazza

I finally purchased this candle after years of sniffing it in shops!!! And all I can say is "Wow"! Its an absolutely perfect winter fragrance (I definitely wouldn't burn this in summer). As other reviews have said it has the smell of an open burning log fire but it has something extra that I find really hard to describe (sorry thats not helpful I know). Several members of my family (all different age groups) also love the aroma so this would be a great present for all age groups. What I also like about this candle is that it really fills the room with fragrance without being overpowering which is no mean feat. I burned it for two hours the other night and could get a faint smell of it the next morning - seriously impressive! The only downside is the price but I have spent so much on cheaper candles in the past that are nowhere near as good as this that in future I think I will give the cheaper candles a miss and save up for Diptyque!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by rhinoHI

I've been a fan of Diptyque candles for years, but I never bought Feu de Bois, which is odd considering it's one of their signature scents. Though I'm a dude, I'm not always a fan of "masculine" scents, and I assumed this was one of those woodsy, spicy, man-candles. Plus, when I've smelled this candle in stores, it always smelled like smoke and ashes and turned me off. I recently purchased a Diptyque holiday set that included Feu de Bois, and I'm pleased to say that after burning it, I really like this one. It has a lot more depth and complexity than one would assume just by sniffing it unlit. It's meant to mimic a wood fire, and while I do smell woody notes, it's not a literal interpretation. To me, it smells like an expensive men's cologne, like Creed's Green Irish Tweed. I'm giving it four stars only because it's not my absolute favorite Diptyque scent, and, in my opinion, it's mostly a Fall/Winter scent, perfect for the holidays, but not a choice for a hot summer day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like a warm fire place crackling on a cold winter's night.

I love how the fragrance of Diptyque products really fill up the room.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by helloitsme1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Woody, smoky, modern. I didn't like it at first, preferring fresher scents, but it's grown on me. It's the ideal winter candle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My absolute favorite Diptyque scent, along with Baies. It's the perfect woodsy, smoky scent. Other woodsy scents just don't match up (Seda France's Foret Royale or Bendel's Firewood). Hate the price, LOVE the candle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by vickypollard

I have always loved fireplaces. The home I grew up in didn't have one, but my aunt had one in her house and I always loved going see her. I would beg my uncle to start a fire for me and most times he would. I miss that fragrance and Diptyque is the ONLY company that has come close to re-creating that log fire scent. Hands down, it is the BEST candle on the market with that burning firewood scent. I only wish it wasn't so expensive as I burn them constantly in evenings in the fall and winter months. A previous reviewer is right when she mentioned mixing. You could easily burn another scent along with Feu du Bois as you could have flowers in your home along with a log fire. I do burn another scent along with this one from time to time. I hope Diptyque never stops making this lovely candle!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 4:47:00 AM More reviews by hamachi

A very masculine scent--love it! It's perfect for blending--I usually burn Feu de Bois on one side of the room with either Tuberose or Baies on the other. Expensive for a candle, but well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by riddles

I absolutely adore this scent. It reminds me of camping and Christmastime. I want my boyfriend to smell like this! I would love it if this was how my house smelled year round, but unfortunately we go through these so fast that they last about five days. So deliciously and strongly scented, it fills up my entire downstairs with its firey scent.