December 21, 2014 | 1220 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ness321

If your hair is severely damaged, just buy this. You won't regret it. I bleached my hair so many times, it was like straw and would snap off If I pulled gently at the ends. After one use my hair stopped snapping, after using it regularly my hairdresser can't believe I've dyed it so much and now it looks thick and healthy. Love this product and will always repurchase. However, I will say that if your hair is not severely damaged, you probably won't see a huge difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by chilipepper12390

I love this. Makes my hair super soft after I use it and I feel it cuts down on frizz pretty well. It's moderately priced, about 19 bucks at my local ulta, so I usually wait until there's a sale and stock up. When my hair is dry, dull or just needs a pick me up I use this and it makes a big difference. I find this works best when I use a clarifying shampoo regularly and I also put a deep conditioner in my hair afterwards. I use the joico intense hydrator, but I think any good deep conditioner would do. I've used the intense hydrator by itself and didn't make my hair nearly as soft or shiny. The power is in the reconstructor! Love thissss!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like Joico's products and this is no different. I bought a little travel size for $3 and honestly I think this will last me forever!
I don't have dry, damaged or over processed hair but I do like to keep it nice and smooth. After one use, my hair is honestly the silkiest I've ever felt!
I didn't notice much of a difference after using it, but after washing my hair the next time...wow! Incredible. My hair feels like silk but not in a weighed down, I-just-rubbed-silicone-and-oils-in-my-hair kind of way that most of the treatments out there do.
I will not be using this often though because I don't want to overdo it. I'll only use it once the effect wears off. Definitely does what it says.
One con: my hair is so silky it has become sort of staticky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent deep conditioner for damaged or dry hair. However, I have found it can really reak havok on your locks if over-used. Although I don't have the ingredients list, its either full of protein(s) or contains ingredients which mimick protein - so if you are of the hairtype that doesn't do well with these, this can be problematic. I have thick/culry/coarse hair and if I over use this stuff my hair lays flatter, looks dull (I loose shine), and I feel like I need a clarifying shampoo to get rid of buildup. If you use this once a week though, the benefits are great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by threearmsally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a lot of bleach damage in my hair. When I bought this my hair was feeling gummy when wet, but after using it once all the gummy is gone and my hair feels normal when wet again. My hair also dried much quicker than it usually does, which is another sign that some damage was repaired. I really love this product, it actually works.

I think it's a little expensive, but the price is worth it. If your hair is very damaged and is prone to breakage when wet, this will actually help you. You shouldn't use it too often, so one bottle will last you a while.

It smells good (kind of like banana?) and the package is pretty standard. A protein treatment can leave your hair feeling a little dry (this is normal) so use a good conditioner afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by x0tiffanym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a really good protein treatment. It definitely does its job. However after using it so many times it really hasn't done much for me. The first few times were the only times this took full effect. But to me it's still a must have for when I go through a chemical process just to breathe some life back into my hair :) I recommend for sureee, just so not leave on longer than 10 minutes or so cause its pretty powerful and too much protein can cause the hair to snap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Allouqua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently bleached my dark brown hair to light blonde and it's quite dry and damaged.
Using Joico k-pak deep penetrating reconstructor was a life saver bringing back my fried hair to life. I saw other website people kept on mentioning to use another moisture treatment after this mask. I know this is a protein mask and usually protein mask are quite drying to the hair but with Joico k-pak deep penetrating reconstructor it seems unnecessary(it's 2-1 protein and moisture mask). Honestly using another mask after like Joico hydrator would be over kill and be like tipping money down the drain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my! I bought a travel size bottle of this as a spur of the moment while in line at Ulta and I'm glad that I did. At first, I realized I spent a little too much during my shopping trip and was planning on returning it, but never got around to it. I'm glad I didn't because I tried this today and my hair is sooo soft! its never this soft! I think I'll be continuing buying this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this deep conditioner. I have shoulder length fine yet wavy/curly hair. I am a daily washer and use this deep treatment once a week. I first tried this when I got it as a Point Perk from Ulta. Otherwise, I might never had picked it up. The full size tube cost around $29 so I will try to pick this up when Ulta has a 20% coupon, etc.

One thing I don't like is that it's very easy to confuse this with the other regular conditioners in the K-Pak line. This one smells like bananas so I just give it a whiff to confirm I have the right one.

My hair feels well conditioned and silky but not weighed down with this. I get lots of shine and even extra curl if I let it air dry (if blowing out, I tend to go straight). These come in smaller travel/trial sizes too so you might want to give it a try sometime and see if it's as good for you as it is for me.

**UPDATE - Still love this but just found there is a Sally's GVP version of this for a fraction of the cost.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by coylilfox

This stuff saved my hair from having to be chopped off when it got so frizzy that I couldn't keep it all untangled for even a few minutes. My hair stylist recommended it to me. I mix it in with K-Pak moisture conditioner 2x/week, and the protein turned my hair into shiny healthy strong hair. After a 2 - 3 days of not washing my hair though, it seems to "wear off," so it really helps if you want to keep your long hair, but the real solution is to chop off those few inches. This stuff helps wonders in the meantime though. It's expensive, but I keep buying it because it works so well.