July 31, 2014 | 1977 users online

Shampoo - ARTec - color depositing shampoo in white violet

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Background: my hair is medium brown & I get regular pale-blonde highlights, my hair is mostly blonde due to the highlights.

I love this product, it's a MUST for my highlighted hair...this is probably the best investment I have made to maintain my highlighted hair. This shampoo makes my highlights radiant and refreshed, similar to the look you get right after you color. I usually start using this about 2-3 weeks after I get highlights This keeps my hair color looking great and bright; it really tones down the gold in my hair. I use it about 3 times per week and leave it on 2-3 minutes while in the shower.

I highly recommend this product for any woman with blonde/brown highlighted hair and looking to keep their blonde highlights looking natural and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by palmelm

There hasn't been a very recent review for this product, which is now renamed under the L'oreal Professional line. I found it at Ulta and decided to try it to remove some brassy tones from my medium blonde (in the 8 range) hair - I did not expect anything from this product. but WOW!!! Opening the bottle is a scary experience if you aren't prepared -it a deep blue-violet color. I find that it does lather quite well - and I leave it on for 5-10 minutes. Another good option is to wash a few nights in a row, leaving it on for longer each following night. My hair is so much brighter and its a beautiful color. Its not ashy but its not brassy either, which I think is a good balance. I had about a quarter inch of dark blonde roots that I swear this product has either lightened or just blended because they are way less noticeable. I used to dye every 4-5 weeks consistantly (my hair is in great shape because I'm careful!) but with this product I can scale way way back. Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by RosyBaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had my hair platinum/almost white for about a year and a half, and this was a lifesaver for my hair. I surf, which causes the white color to go M.I.A. and turn yellow, but my friend who has pure white hair told me to use this. She works at the beauty supply, so at first I thought she was just trying to sell me the most expensive product. But it is definitely worth it. Takes away yellowing, lathers nicely, and also smells like HEAVEN.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by eelisa95

After reading the reviews on this product I decided to try it for the brassiness in my hair. After just one use I noticed that my hair did look much less brassy and more of a pretty, natural blonde color. After using again it reduced the brassiness even more. I would definetly buy this product again, however, it really is drying to your hair. Using a moisturizing conditioner after and leaving it on for a while helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi, this is a good colour depositing shampoo, but the trick is to clarify your hair first before you use it. That way the hair is free of residue so it can soak up the colour. Clairol Shimmer Lights is just as good as this, though (it is NOT cheap crap). This is drying, but just use a deep conditioner after and your hair will have a beautiful bright blonde without brassiness!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by i9jadei9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is absolutely amazing!! I cannot rave about it enough!! 2 weeks after coloring my hair it was brassy with some orange and red on the blonde. Not to mention how damaged it was. I decided to give this a try hoping it would work at least somewhat. I used just the shampoo and my regular conditioner. Not only does my hair feel more healthy but it looks incredible!! All of the brassy orange and red is gone and I have the beautiful blonde that I was going for!! The most amazing product that I have ever used!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2004 4:43:00 AM More reviews by NurseKristen

I like the smell of this shampoo. I also like how concentrated the color is. I do need to leave it on for a few minutes for it to deposit any color (neutralize brassiness) and it IS kind of drying (especially on my already dry hair) but I think every blue 'poo is gonna be drying. I doubt there is one out there that is hydrating. I've tried Shimmerlights and it was cheap crap. This will do for an occasional color brightener!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 1:54:00 AM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this and then switched to Clairol Shimmer Lights, which I think is better for my hair and wallet.

I saw little improvement with this and it dried my hair terribly.

Shimmer costs less, doesn't cause so much dryness and it fought my brassy tendencies (so to speak...) better than ARTec.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2004 7:39:00 PM More reviews by swtscorpio

I agree that you shouldn't expect miracles from this product. I think it's probably better at maintaining color than making a noticeable change to what you have.

It definitely is very drying. My hair is really resistant to coloring and in order to have ANY effect, I have to leave this shampoo on my hair for like 20 minutes and that totally dries it out. Because of that, I won't buy the shampoo again. I am going to try the conditioner since that should be much better for my hair.

I actually kind of like the scent of this shampoo- it smells like bananas.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2004 8:46:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The shampoo is meant to help keep those blond highlights from turning brassy but don't expect miracles. I am not super impressed because I have a problem w/ brassiness so I think it really depends on your particular hair, your dye job & water type. I have never had a problem w/ this product staining my tub or my hair. One big negative is that it smells like chemicals. I am going to try another brand next time to compare for myself so would not repurchase at this time.