July 28, 2014 | 2007 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Skin Balancing Moisture Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a silky serum with a soothing feel that is laden with humectants emmolients and antioxidants including niacinimide. I could put it on and forgot where I applied it Lol. It always made my skin feel better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product in general, it's maybe a little drying but I do wake up with soft moisturized skin in the morning when I use it as a night time moisturizer. I will continue to do so, and so far it didn't break me out or give me dry flakes etc. Maybe for winter I will consider the Hydralight lotion, but for summer this works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I have oily skin with dry patches, some lines and acne. It's hard to find moisturizers that don't make me oily or break me out! I've been using this as a night-time moisturizer during the summer, since my winter moisturizer is too heavy in the heat, and this has worked great for me! I don't wake up greasy and haven't had any new blemishes. It's just the right texture and amount of moisture to keep my skin healthy and happy. There's no scent or irritation, which I like. I combine a small amount of this with a tiny bit of PC Skin Balancing Antioxidant Serum and apply it all over, focusing on corners of my nose and forehead and using a light touch on my chin, which is more acne-prone. Love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by lyssaw519

I like this stuff in general. It is a nice gel texture and does not cause my acne prone skin to break out.The thing I don't like about this stuff is that it is not moisturizing enough for my combination skin. My skin tends to be on the oily side and this did not do enough. I wake up with flakey dry skin around my nose and mouth every morning. I'm going to try supplementing with avocado oil to see if it helps. I honestly thought this would be an antioxidant laced version of cerave PM moisturizer but cerave definitely provided more moisture. I will most likely go back to cerave PM in combination with the avocado oil since avocado oil contains antioxidants at a cheap price ($5 for 4 oz).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by missericacourt

I was a bit skeptical at first, but I really love this product. I think some people don't like the gel formulation, but I found it perfect for nighttime. It creates a thin layer over your skin that keeps your toner/exfoliant/serum in. But my favourite part about it is when I wake up. My skin is not dry or oily anywhere, it just feels soft and moisturized. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin doesn't like any moisturizer that is too heavy or have a fragrance smell.

I like this moisturizer because:
- gel like consistency
- does not feel heavy
- makes my skin feel hydrated and smooth
- does not break me out
- does not irritate my skin.
- balance my oily t zone and hydrates my dry cheeks.

Other Paula Choice I have tired:

The Products I have tried and like are:

- Moisture Boost Cleanser OR Skin Recovery Cleanser
- Skin Recovery Toner OR Moisture Boost Toner
- Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
- Skin Balancing Anti-oxidant Serum
- Skin Balancing Gel Moisturizer
- RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator
- The Earth Sourced Skincare Line.

You can order various sample kits and try them to find your skin care regieme that works for you. I mix and match her products.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by kristin12b

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This worked fine for the first week or so, then I got several large pimples on my face. I have never broken out so bad in my life. Will never buy anything from Paula's Choice again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by gimchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combo-oily and ance-prone skin. I ordered and tried the sample for 2 days. Applied it in the weekend afternoon and night when i have flaky and dry skin around my mouth, nose and chin after exfoliation with lemon juice. it has a very nice 50 gel 50 cream texture in white. Once applied to skin it absorbed quite fast and leave very thin film like layer. On the second day using it, i have 3 tiny pimples. Maybe it work better with people that dont have acne prone skin. i hope to like it but seems like my skin disagree. I left with little amount in the sample. Will try again one more time to see will it break me out again or not.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by geeemm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've found myself with a real dilemma on my hands when it comes to writing this review - I'm really 50/50 on this one. It's not bad, but it's not particularly good either. I can't really attack it for ruining my skin, nor can I praise it for improving it. I use this product at night when I don't need SPF protection, and actually started off loving the gel texture of this moisturiser; I'd never felt anything like it on my skin, and it really seemed perfect for oily skin - no greasiness or heavy, occlusive feeling on application. Some might argue it feels very siliconey and synthetic (which to be fair it is in a sense) but I didn't mind this at all. I kept wanting to touch my face afterwards to take in this new-found matte sensation!

I wish the praise could continue beyond this point, but there just wasn't anything remarkable thereafter. I found my face would sometimes remain quite red after a while; furthermore the matte finish of the gel could sometimes accentuate the porous, ruddy nature of my skin in places. This of course alleviates after a couple of hours, but still. When I started using this product it was the peak of summer here and the light texture was very welcome, but I can see that this isn't going to cut it in the colder months of the year. A few weeks ago my skin started to become very tight and flaky again after a sharp drop in temperature, and this no longer provided the hydration my skin needed.

It's a real shame; I really want to love this product, but I can't get enthusiastic about it. It's by no means bad at all, just not particularly worth the price paid. I'll use it up eventually, but doubt I'll repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by cankcank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried sample size only.

I like the gel formula. It absorbs and doesn't make me feel oily. I can slather it over my t-zone in comfort.