Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone (silicones/slip agents), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, (slip and water-binding agents) Laminaria Saccharina (Seaweed) Extract (water-binding agent), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidants), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (emollient plant oil/lubricant), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E/antioxidant), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3/cell-communicating ingredient), Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Bis-Phenylpropyl Dimethicone (silicones/slip agents), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (licorice/anti-irritant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C/antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate, Phospholipids (water-binding agents), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), Isohexadecane (emulsifier), Panthenol (Vitamin B5/water-binding agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Sodium Carbomer (gel-based thickener), Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (film-forming/water-binding agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone film-forming agent), Polysorbate 80 (thickener), Hydroxyethylcellulose(gel-based thickener), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben (all preservatives).

on 3/15/2015 5:18:00 PM

I have oily skin so I was looking for something that would not cause my face to get greasy throughout the day but still hydrates. Indeed this stopped my face from getting extremely oily but it did not provide enough moisture. My skin started flaking and peeling. How odd since my skin is usually oily. It was also quite expensive for the tiny tube you get.

on 1/16/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great final step to your night time routine. I alternate between mixing it with the ultra-light anti-oxidant serum and 1% retinol. It goes on silky and leaves your face matte. Perfect moisturizer for those who don't like a shiny finish after applying all their night treatments.

on 9/18/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A good product that doesn't irritate my skin, but somehow it's too dry for my combination skin. It's supposed could be used near eyes as well, but it's really burn my eyes like hell.

on 9/11/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Best foundation primer and light moisturizer ever. I live in Colorado and have really dry skin so this isn't my everyday moisturizer but it makes your skin feel amazing instantly and when I travel or in the summer it's perfect. I will always have this.

on 8/26/2014 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really liked how this felt on my face but it clogged my pores and caused breakouts. Any product like this with silicone textures reck havoc on my skin. Silky and smotth if anyone with combination to normal skin would like to try. Not intense moisture so those who need it I would skip this.

on 8/23/2014 6:53:00 AM

It's unfortunate that this gives me clogged pores (maybe the wheat germ oil) because it is one of the very few moisturizers I've been able to find that doesn't contain any fatty alcohols.

on 8/19/2014 9:16:00 AM

It clogged my pores and left tons of tiny bumps (so called white heads )on my cheek and chin area..it sucks:-(

on 8/12/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Back in October I was looking for a light weight moisturizer that would leave my face feeling soft, silky smooth and moisturized but without that heavy weight greasy feel. I bought this on a straight up whim to honest because it stated that it was a gel like texture with a matte finish. I figured hell why not!

What I love about this moisturizer is the way it feels. I apply it last (before my sunscreen) and it really feels like you have nothing on but it actually leaves your face feeling hydrated. I don't really like greasy creams and since I use Argan Oil and Passion fruit Oil (Maracuja oil) on my face, a heavy cream would not be a good idea. I try to be careful with products that can cause breakouts or clog pores and give you a dull looking complexion. This moisture gel is just amazing! Moreover, it has no fragrance, dyes, alochol or perfume in it as that has no business in skincare products. So for those like me who are very picky about what we put on our face, this product will for sure fit your need and the bill!

on 8/6/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! I used to use the Hydralight Moisture Infusing Lotion. It was good, but this one is great for oily skin that is a bit dry in some areas (my skin). You can use it around the eyes, and it's a lightweight gel that hydrates but isn't heavy at all. I love it!

on 7/29/2014 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a very good moisturizer for summer time for my oily, acne-prone skin. It is very light, it keeps my skin matte, but moisturized, I don't have any reactions, no break-outs. For winter, I am sure it will not be enough, because i use BHA, AHA, Differine and I will need more moisture.

I said I will not buy again, just because I want to try other moisturizers rated good or best on beautypedia and decide which is the best choice for me.