Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone (silicones/slip agents), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, (slip and water-binding agents) Laminaria Saccharina (Seaweed) Extract (water-binding agent), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidants), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (emollient plant oil/lubricant), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E/antioxidant), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3/cell-communicating ingredient), Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Bis-Phenylpropyl Dimethicone (silicones/slip agents), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (licorice/anti-irritant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C/antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate, Phospholipids (water-binding agents), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), Isohexadecane (emulsifier), Panthenol (Vitamin B5/water-binding agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Sodium Carbomer (gel-based thickener), Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (film-forming/water-binding agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone film-forming agent), Polysorbate 80 (thickener), Hydroxyethylcellulose(gel-based thickener), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben (all preservatives).

To be honest, i hated the texture of this product.. Soo much silicone. Also i didn't find it moisturizing at all, i even had flaky skin with my slightly oily skin, which i usually don't have. That being said i almost used it up, but i just cant wait to get rid of it. Im not giving less than 3 stars because it didn't really do damage to my skin, it just didn't do anything good either.

on 7/4/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Not moisturizing at all, I have oily skin and this made my skin flake around my nostrils. It also made me break out probably because of the dimethicone (it doesn't let skin breath and causes clogged pores). The skin balancing toner is great though as well as the bha 2% liquid and aha 8% gel. I do not trust their moisturizers or cleansers though, I think there are better ones on the market as well as natural (I use macadamia nut oil to moisturize and my skin never looked better or felt better moisturized with anything else).

if you want 10$ off a purchase on paulas choice click this link if you like: https://goo.gl/DH6dyX

on 7/2/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I first tried this product in the winter and wasn't super impressed. It just wasn't moisturizing enough and my skin has never been dry. I'm glad I saved it though because I'm loving it during the summer months. I use this at night, after Paula's light serum. My skin is moisturized but not at all greasy the next morning. Never breaks me out. Love that, like all of Paula's products, it's fragrance and dye free. I will continue to purchase this only for summer. For winter, I'll need to find something more moisturizing.

on 6/15/2015 11:41:00 AM

This broke me out like something fierce. I think it was the Wheat Germ. I got huge red pimples! I returned this.

If you are interested in trying Paula's Choice, here is a referral code for 10 dollars off your first purchase!

on 3/15/2015 5:18:00 PM

I have oily skin so I was looking for something that would not cause my face to get greasy throughout the day but still hydrates. Indeed this stopped my face from getting extremely oily but it did not provide enough moisture. My skin started flaking and peeling. How odd since my skin is usually oily. It was also quite expensive for the tiny tube you get.

on 1/16/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great final step to your night time routine. I alternate between mixing it with the ultra-light anti-oxidant serum and 1% retinol. It goes on silky and leaves your face matte. Perfect moisturizer for those who don't like a shiny finish after applying all their night treatments.

on 9/18/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A good product that doesn't irritate my skin, but somehow it's too dry for my combination skin. It's supposed could be used near eyes as well, but it's really burn my eyes like hell.

on 9/11/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Best foundation primer and light moisturizer ever. I live in Colorado and have really dry skin so this isn't my everyday moisturizer but it makes your skin feel amazing instantly and when I travel or in the summer it's perfect. I will always have this.

on 8/26/2014 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really liked how this felt on my face but it clogged my pores and caused breakouts. Any product like this with silicone textures reck havoc on my skin. Silky and smotth if anyone with combination to normal skin would like to try. Not intense moisture so those who need it I would skip this.

on 8/23/2014 6:53:00 AM

It's unfortunate that this gives me clogged pores (maybe the wheat germ oil) because it is one of the very few moisturizers I've been able to find that doesn't contain any fatty alcohols.

Popular Moisturizers