October 31, 2014 | 929 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Florabundance lipglass

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very light peachy pink. I bought this awhile back because I wanted to try doing light lips, however it doesn't look good on me that way. So, I have found a lovely use for this as a mixing color! Any reds or dark pinks I want to be lighter I just layer this over and it creates a lovely pinky nude. Again, I really reccomend it for mixing especially for reds and dark pinks.

However, one lippie off because it sometimes looks streaky. Also, if you don't like sticky formula glosses you won't like this because its very sticky but long wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by sarahs22

Love this lipgloss. It created the perfect nude lip for me when paired over Mac honey love.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by foxyknox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG Lipgloss for me!! Absolutely my favorite color. I wear it all the time & it looks good with every look. Almost on my second bottle and I just bought it a month ago. Will be buying this color for a long long long time!! LOVE it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate to say it, but I am really disappointed with this lipgloss. I bought this back in July (over 6 months ago) thinking this would be my favorite lippie. The first time I used it I was actually really disappointed, but I tried to not believe it and just think I wasn't applying it right, either I needed to wear it alone or on top of a lipstick, or on top of the "right" lipstick, but every time I get essentially the same effect. I have VERY pigmented lips, I always have a hard time getting lip glosses and even some lipsticks to show up or look "right". My disappointment could very well be attributed to my lips coloration. Every time I apply it I feel that it looks orangish on me. Almost how my skin would look if I used bad self-tanner. The formulation is alright, I'm not crazy about it. A bit thick for my taste and it can settle into lines but if it was a great color that I loved I would forgive it in a heart beat. This was my first MAC lip gloss, first high-end lippie purchase even. That being said, I think I will probably stick to drugstore lippies from now on, I don't see much being worth twice the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My fave lipgloss! It makes all my lip products look very sexy. It is a pinky peach hue. I love nude colors and it gives my lipsticks that extra oomph. It looks beautiful with mac's creme cup lipstick and wet n wild's think pink. I also love to pair it with nudes like revlon's soft nude. I don't wear it on it's own because it is too plain on its own but paired with a great lipstick it looks stunning with my tan skin and long black hair. I would repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products I got on a whim, not thinking I would use it much, and now I can't live without it!

I got Florabundance and Underage at the same time, and Underage was the one I had been waiting months to splurge on. When I pulled them out of the packaging, I was disappointed at first, because to my eye they looked almost exactly the same. The difference is subtle in the tube, but Underage is most definitely for cooler toned skin (which I do not have), and Florabundance is it's warmer toned sister. If one didn't work for you, I'd recommend trying out the other.

Florabundance is a pale nude pink, sheer enough to add some dimension to deeper toned lipsticks, but opaque enough to show up on my very pigmented lips. I love layering it over nude lipsticks - my favorite products to pair it with right now are MAC's Subculture lip pencil, and Revlon's balm stain in Charm. The formula is nice, very sticky but my lips always feel supple and moisturized as it wears off, and it doesn't make them greasy or flaky. For a gloss, it's got decent wear time, I usually find myself reapplying after 3-4 hours.

On the downside, it's not really a "slap it on and go" kind of product. You will have to work with it to make sure it's distributed evenly, or it will look streaky and blotchy. As with most pale nudes, it will highlight any flakes or deep lines on your lips, so lip prep and exfoliation is required. To apply, I like to use the side or even the back of the applicator and dab it across my lips, then rub my lips together and blend it out with a finger. Then I can layer on more as needed, and it's not a gloppy, milky mess. Use the absolute minimum that you can.

I knocked off a point for how difficult it can be to apply well, but overall high marks for being the most wearable, dead sexy pale nude gloss I've been able to find. I even keep it in my purse now so it's always close at hand!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHennick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is simply a sexy opaque milky pale peach.
If you love milky glosses then.......
I highly suggest her cousin Underage, which is the sexier pinker version.
They are both drop dead gorgeous alone or over another lippy to tone it down.
Plus, like all MAC glosses......they do not eat up your lipsticks under them.
I love these too death!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has to be a my favorite lipglass from MAC's permanent line. My lips are very pigmented so it turns out to be a light pink with a touch of peach. This lipglass also happens to be very pigmented so its just right for me. Out of all the lippie's I wear, I tend to get hit on the most whenever I wear this one. Something to keep in mind ladies... I took one lippie off since it does have a tendency to sink into my lip lines. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this as a birthday gift maybe two or three years back. the colour is a sheer peachy one. at the time I seriously hated this thing, it's so sticky the reasons I've avoided MAC glosses ever since.

also I would not call this colour nude. nude lips are pinkish this is peachy almost skin coloured gloss (if you're fair) that leaves your lips dry.

I'm not a fan of Sticky, over priced, tiny bottles of lip gloss (seriously so little product for the price!) but recently I've gotten into pale beige lips and this one seems to do the job. even after two years it's still as sticky as ever sadly :p