MAC Pigment in Blue Brown

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So this shit is amazing. I had heard nothing but good reviews about it and really loved the way it looked on others, so I decided to pick it up in the travel size (Sized To Go) because I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to $21 of loose pigment. I'm super glad I did, because there is enough pigment in this small bottle to last me a LIFETIME. It does pull really red when sheered out, but I find that I like the effect. It really has to be packed on to get that dark dark brown/blue sheen, otherwise I find it's more of a pinker brown, which I don't mind. You definitely have to use this one with a primer or some other sort of glitter glue however.

on 7/29/2014 11:25:00 PM

I saw this pigment on someone and straight away wanted it, although its pricey it is definitely worth it as it will last forever! the color is just beautiful and so easy to use would definitely recommend for someone used to using dramatic colors on their eyes!

on 4/7/2014 12:43:00 PM

ok the other two reviewers in my age group... This is a pigment, it's dark, dramatic it's ment to be. If you are looking for a subtle color or matte stay AWAY from pigments. These are UBER shimmery bordering on Metalic. You also need to use Fix Plus Or mix eye drops with this in order to get it to stick to your lid. it's going to have fall out if you don't. Get a metal petri dish from the local science supply store tap this out on it and add your fix plus or drops to the pigment and mix. DON'T STICK A WET BRUSH IN PRODUCT. (You will ruin it) Also you need to use a small flat brush and gently build any of the pigment colors. That said this beautiful brown with blue iridescence is such an awesome color. I've even used it during the day very easy in the outer corner and crease. I love it. I've also paired it with MAC's plumage for a REALLY dramatic smokey eye look. I do own the full size of this and tan. I think I would also like Rose-gold. However there is a web site you can purchase samples of MAC Lippies and Pigments to try or if you are not a power user of pigments the sample may last you awhile. The cost is very reasonable and if it's a fail for you you're not out $21.00 and have product you'll never use. See my other MAC reviews for the web site. LOVE THIS!

on 1/31/2014 1:50:00 PM

Best eyeshadow ever!

The full jar is about $25 CAD but it's worth it as it will last forever. Applied dry, it is a maroon brown with aqua&mint green reflects; applied wet, it's a dark reddish brown with aqua and teal reflects. The pigmentation is full on and it's very finely milled.

When blended out, it turns a purple-maroon with teal sheen. I love using this on my crease&outer V or (sometimes) all over for a dramatic look.
Since it's a duochrome different colours show on diff base colours:
Charcoal- electric teal with hints of maroon
Silver- smokey brown/turquoise
Brown- maroon with hints of aqua
Teal/Blue- teal/chocolate brown

Try a sample if you don't wanna commit to it but you will love it. Really nice on hazel/brown eyes.

on 11/29/2013 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is my go-to eyeshadow for my weekends or nights out. It's a loose pigment, so you can use it pretty much anywhere you want, but I always use it on my eyes because it brings out the lighter tones in them. I bought this thing 6 years ago and still haven't run out because it's SO highly pigmented that you just need a dab. Turn the jar upside down, tap the side a few times, turn it back over and unscrew the lid and what you've got left over in the cap will be enough for both eyes. It sweeps on easily. There's a little bit of fallout, but you can minimize that with primer (duh...). The price might seem steep at first, but I'm not joking about having mine for 6 years. It barely looks like I've used it at all.

I am still getting used to how different it is to work with loose pigment. It can be very messy and I find myself wishing it came in a pan with the same intensity, but with practice it gets much easier with fall out and how to apply. This color is so amazing, it's a medium reddish brown with blue duochrome. I put it on dry for a daytime or work look. It can be put on wet for a very intense look and this way makes the duochrome show up much more. And a third way is put on dry, and then wet just in the middle of the eye. There are so many different looks you can achieve, the pigment will last for many years as you only need to use the smallest amount, which makes it a great value. I have really been in search of duochrome shadows lately, and I find this color to be my favorite.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everytime I wear this people ask me what I am wearing on my eyes. It's such a pretty color! I love how easily it glides on and it lasts all day. I always use Black Tied over it, in the corners very lightly for a flawless look. When it is on your eyes, it looks exactly like it looks in the pot.

on 6/14/2013 12:49:00 AM

Gorgeous duochrome color. Looks great over a dark base. It is exactly as the name says, a blue-ish brown. Very shimmery (not glittery). Looks funny only by itself though as its kind of red toned and can make you look tired. But can be used with many other colors to create some unique combinations. Looks neat over black cat eyeliner too! As with all mac pigments a little tiny bit goes a looong way.

on 10/22/2012 5:57:00 PM

Ah, Blue-Brown. It sits in my case of rarely-used makeup and reproaches me. But I can't get it to work for me -- the brown base is far too red. It's almost passable if I use with a very wet brush, over a greyish or blueish base, but it's a lot of work and still... too red. I love the concept but it's just too hard to use.

I like it a lot but i never use it because is a little too strong for me. I will figure out a way to use it! but best quality and amaizing colour!

Top Rated MAC Products