October 31, 2014 | 1084 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiss My Face - Honey & Calendula Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by gothspice

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If there were negative stars, I would use them here. This product gave me contact dermatitis. I ended up at the dermatologist's office. Turns out that calendula is related to ragweed. Ragweed pollen is a common allergen. It's ironic to find calendula as an ingredient in so many products designed for sensitive skin, both high end (SkinMedica) and a drugstore brand like this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all -- this smells EXACTLY like the Nuxe RÍve du miel line, which I love but my skin kind of hates.

Unfortunately, the smell from the Kiss My Face doesn't linger long on the skin. I have very dry skin and I found this surprisingly moisturizing, though -- my skin does seem soft and not at all flaky at the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new review is - I still love the scent of this lotion but it is trash otherwise. Not at all emollient - in fact it has a drying effect on my skin. It still has some good herbal extracts but the base lotion has cheap, chemical ingredients. Not natural as it claims to be. It is also super pricy and therefore I'd rather go with a real natural lotion that does not have these chemicals.

2014 ingredients taken from kmf website - Water, Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Squalane. Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Honey, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Achillea Millifolium (Yarrow) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Tromethamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Linalool (from essential oil)

Old review -
+++++++++++
I really really love the scent of this moisturizer. On some other 'good guide' websites etc I saw bad reviews on this product. I wonder why! Is it because of the retinyl palmitate ingredient?

I thought this cream is good. The smell is pleasant, it does an okay job of moisturizing. The calendula ingredient is soothing on the skin. Honey attracts moisture to the skin. The lotion has a silky, creamy consistency.
Somewhat difficult to apply the lotion as it does not spread easily. Way too expensive. The small travel size tube costs 5 bucks!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by alainlalaland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used Kiss My Face products before, and as the amazing Peaches and Cream moisturizer is still elusive, I chose the Honey and Calendula as it was on sale for $5 for the 16 oz.

It's difficult to rub in, and takes a while to settle, but I think that's pretty common for Kiss My Face. It's a decent moisturizer, but the smell makes me absolutely nauseous. If you can stomach the scent, as it sticks around FOREVER, go for it. This isn't for me. I'm returning this and ordering one I know I like.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

****Edit*****

I wound up having to find something more emollient :( i still adore the smell!!

I love this product. I love this product. and just incase you forgot... I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I am a sucker for sweet smells, and the combination of honey and calendula is a sure-fire win for me. It moisturizes very well. I use it right out of the shower on moist skin and let it air dry before I put on my clothes and voila! Beautifully moisturized skin. It's simple and cheap.. and the healthier ingredients in Kiss My Face's products VS other drugstore products are enough to keep me repurchasing.

LOVE.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

I just don't like this lotion. I've been hunting for an amazing lotion to help with my super dry skin. I've literally never had this problem before so I'm extremely frustrated when nothing seems to work.

I don't think this moisturizers well enough. I was intrigued my the coconut oil ingredient which is listed I think 2nd or 3rd. It has a lot of penetrative qualities. However my skin still feels dry, maybe tight after I put this on. And what's even weirder is that my skin felt really hot and I felt this prickly burning sensation on certain areas.

The smell isn't good either. I was hoping for a real honey smell, like Burt's bees type or something . But no, very strange kinda like hairspray.

My hunt still continues but this by far is the worst lotion I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tested the Lavender on one hand thand the Honey & Calendula on the other. I selected Lavender. I shopped for about 30 minutes with the Lavender in my cart. I kept sniffing the back of the hand that had the H&C and it was lovely. Smells just like honey and you guessed it calendula. When I got the check out line, I rushed to the exchange the Lavender for the Honey & Calendula. Why? My hand was softer and the fragrance was so comforting. Also, of the two lotions, this one did not make my very dry skin itch. I took it home and used it on my body and my face. That was last night. This morning, my skin was still moisturized. Wow. I haven't been so pleased with a lotion in a long, long, time. The fragrance is not cloying and gets only better as it mixes with my body chemistry. I only wish it didn't have a pump. I prefer squeeze bottles. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this a lot, and just to clarify on someone else's post this no longer contains mineral oil as the third ingredient so hooray on that or else it wouldn't be very natural now would it?! As for it's moisturizing properties I think it does an okay job, but I use it more for the healing properties. It is very thick, but if you apply it right after washing your face with warm water you will find that it sinks right into your skin instantaneously. It didn't act as a barrier on my skin which I somewhat prefer as well because my skin feels quite dry and chapped in the winter. Since it does sink in like it does, my skin seems to drink in all the benefits this has to offer and my blemishes heal much more quickly and it is helping to fade some hyperpigmentation. The only thing I do not like is when I wake up in the morning (after applying at night) my face feels dry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I purchased this after a major overhaul of my beauty products. I would much prefer to use as many natural products as I can. I thought the Honey Calendula scent sounded like it would be the nicest smelling of all of Kiss My Face's lotions. Initially I wasn't too pleased with the scent of the Calendula. I love the ingredient itself, as I know it's very good for skin, but the smell of it is just....eh. I adore honey in beauty products like this. If it has honey in it, I WILL TRY IT. However the combo of honey and calendula scent wise smelled like a dead flower to me initially. I'm not sure why, it simply smelled like dead flowers in not so fresh water to me. That was my reaction to it initially, but personally I have rather sensitive olafactory senses. I warmed to the scent and by the time I got midway through my bottle, I found the smell to be much nicer. In terms of it's moisturizing capabilities, it's not bad, but rather so-so to me. My skin was certainly not dry while I was using it, but it didn't provide anywhere near the super softness I like to feel after I moisturize. I do however find the packaging to be uber cute. I won't be buying this again, as I simply wasn't impressed enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by shesays514

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can see how the scent wouldn't appeal to everyone, but I love it! I keep a bottle on my desk at work so I just use it on my hands, but I feel like it absorbs and moisturizes well. Will repurchase whenever the bottle finally runs out.