January 30, 2015 | 2128 users online

Lip Treatments - Carmex - Lip Balm

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2015 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had never tried Carmex before because I thought it was more for cold sore treatment and not for parched lips. A friend recommended the original pot style balm after I complained to her that I had gone through multiple sticks and pots of balm this winter and nothing worked to fix this excessive dryness that is the worst I have ever experienced. I am very impressed. At first, it did burn, though I'm pretty sure this was intensified because my poor lips were so dry that they were beginning to crack. This sensation went away after a few minutes and for the first time since the winter weather began, my lips now feel silky, smooth and plush. Every bit of dry skin is gone and every crack is healed. I bought a pot for my purse and one for my desk at work, but I'm going to buy two more tomorrow...one for my nightstand and one to keep near my couch for when I'm watching television (this might seem strange, but I am a balm addict and I like to keep a stash nearby no matter where I am).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Andilynn11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the original twist up stick version, because it's much more convenient to use and more portable than the jar pot. I have chapped, peeling lips most of the year for whatever reason, and I always need a medicated lipbalm in the winter. Carmex is one I always go back to, because it immediately improves the condition of my lips. I also like to use this under lipsticks as a protective base. I actually love the menthol/camphor scent, it's refreshing!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2015 7:35:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a no for me. I'm a huge lip balm connoisseur, and even though my heart belongs to Blistex Medex, I can never pass up a deal to try something new. Target had the Carmex jars on sale in a three pack for only $3, so of course I had to wonder if it could replace my Medex.

Absolutely not. This is nothing like Medex.

The texture in the pot is like thick, hard, wax. Even after vigorous swirling, my finger barely came up with any lip balm the product is that hard. It was very hard to get the product to smooth onto my lips.

It is not a glossy/slick/smooth product at all. My lips were a waxy demi-matte once I got enough product out of the jar and onto my face.

I love mentholated balms, and the tingle is one of the reasons I wanted to try this product, but was let down in that aspect as well. The tingle isn't a cold, refreshing one. My lips felt irritated and more like they were burning than being soothed. The "tingle" of this balm feels exactly like Blistex DCT, which I am not a fan of at all.

This also smells very reminiscent of Blistex DCT, but a little more "natural". It doesn't smell good, but I didn't find it foul smelling either.

So, unfortunately I now have three useless pots of Carmex sitting around. The company *does* offer a money back guarantee, which I find very commendable, but I probably won't be bothered mailing out for it since I only spent $3 for 3 jars.

Give it a try. Some people love this stuff. I'll stick to calling Blistex Medex my HG for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Carefreeme

I love this lip balm over the winter. It is great because my lips get really dry and cracked, and this really helps keep my lips moisturized. It stays on my lips for awhile. The only thing I don't like is the smell of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Konniekapow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Over the years I've tried hundreds of lip balms and only ever been disappointed that they're too greasy, oily or just don't get absorbed to the extent that I feel they're dealing with chaps and cracks. I've been using this since high school, only burt's bees compares. It's cheap, it works and I love the taste. I even like the retro packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by chelseavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since middle school and i am now a senior in college. This is definitely my HG product. I keep the Jar next to my bed at night, keep one in my car, purse, and i use the squeezy tubes by itself or before i apply color. I've tried to branch out, trying Baby lips, chapsticks, EOS lip balm, NOPE, i ALWAYS go back to this. And at my job people who forget their chapsticks always knows i have carmex handy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought two tubes of the Original Carmex to try as I had run out of my usual Mac Lip Conditioner and wasn't planning on going to Mac any time soon. My initial thoughts were positive, I liked the consistency and also the tingly feeling it gives you when applied. It also feels moisturising on the lips and I like the hygienic tube packaging.

However, after using it for around a month or so, I'm not that impressed. My lips are still feeling dry and the other night whilst sleeping part of my lip actually split a little. Obviously my lips are suffering because of the really cold weather we are having over here in London at the moment, but when I was using my Mac Lip Conditioner religiously, this never happened. I'm off to Mac later on this week and will be buying back ups so that I don't have to continue using the Carmex. Good job it's cheap (around 2 pounds) so I didn't waste too much money. X

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by blush900

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not very impressed with this product. Isn't very hydrating or moisterizing. There are other products I like much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by nancem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lip balm. I use this religiously. I buy 5 at a time. One for every room of my house. It tastes forever, makes my lips feel amazing and I don't really mind the smell. I catch my husband using this all the time as well. Each pot is 2.00 and they last 6 months and that's me apply it 10 times a day. I seriously think I may be addicted to this. I will never stop buying this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

This is my go to winter lip balm. I use the one in the squeeze tube. It works great and lasts forever on the lips. It's cheap and the packaging is nice. However, the taste is horrible. Menthol car lube. It actually bothers me a lot but not enough to stop using it. I will repurchase again.