Pro Activ Proactiv Solution Creme Foundation

2.7

on 12/22/2010 1:25:00 PM

I used this product when i had active acne of my face. To cover acne, it was my all time favorite makeup.
I loved the texture and i found it covered much better than other brands.
I also loved the fact that is was made especially for acne prone skin. I have used other brands of foundations and i was always suspected that they made my acne worse.
With this foundation i could feel it wasn't clogging my pores and i felt really confidante that it wasn't making my acne worse.

I liked the packaging, with the little sponge applicator. I would wash the sponge after every application, and once a week disinfect the whole thing with alcool.

This is the best foundation i have used for acne / acne prone skin.
I have very fair skin, so i used the lighest color which was a perfect match.

on 4/21/2009 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was awful! The color was very ugly on me. The foundation was very drying and gives a whole new meaning to the concept of a matte appearance. Oh boy, never again. They should stick to the regular proactiv acne system which I love.

on 11/11/2008 5:12:00 PM

I dont think i will buy this product again. it really didnt do anything to my face. it was pretty much a rip off. also, i think the smell is pretty unpleasant. i've been using it for about 4 months now, and my face looks completely the same. ): (i have pretty bad acne all over my face)

on 6/17/2008 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using the Proactiv system for almost a year now. I have tried going off of it, only to break out again. I had been using CoverGirl TruMinerals Powder Foundation, which I really like, however, by mid day, I am an oil slick! So, I decided to try Proactiv's foundation. It actually went on really light and I did see that it covered well, with additional application. It doesn't feel like I have anything on my face and it made my pores smaller. It wasn't oily and dried to a nice, smooth, powder application. I followed with the powder and my face felt like silk and no oilies! I will buy again!
7/04/08- UPDATE: After using this product for a week, I started breaking out! I was also shinier than I was with CoverGirl TruMinerals powder Foundation. I am SO disappointed. I will NOT buy this again!

on 4/9/2008 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited 2 see proactiv had makeup out. But I have sensitive skin & I tried this along w/ the powder, which the powder i loved, but not that foundation. After a few days, it started to burn my skin, and i have to stop using it. My skin was left red, and very irritated. Besides that, the covering, It was not good either. Would not recommend if you have sensitive skin.

on 1/10/2008 4:30:00 PM

I just recently got this from a proactiv cart in the mall. I had been using dream matte mousse and thought i had loved it. But then my mom bought me this. And within a week, i could actually see a difference with my acne! It is really pricey, for not too much makeup, but it does cover pretty well, and if it helps get rid of my acne, im going to keep buying it.

on 12/9/2007 3:55:00 PM

For the most part, I do like this product. Although it is extremely sheer (to get it to really cover scars/blemishes, you need to use a concealer under it), the color is pretty good for my skin tone and I believe it has helped with my skin. I love the packaging, very slim and convenient, but definitely wash your hands before touching up during the day, as dirt from your fingers will go into the makeup. DEFINITELY use a moisturizer beforehand, as this will highlight flakes and dry out your skin somewhat. Overall, I like this foundation, but it could definitely improve.

on 11/24/2007 6:33:00 PM

Got this from my cousin who has had acne her whole life but Proactiv was terrible for her. I generally have wonderful skin... as far as zits, I usually have one every two months and I've never used any certain type of face wash or worried about a face regime. I'm still pretty clueless in that aspect too, sadly.
I began using Proactiv (I'm using everything... repairing lotion, that green alcohol-smelling thing, sulfur-based mask) about two weeks ago. I don't currently have acne but I am broken out. I'm not sure that I should be using this stuff because it is abrasive but whatever.
So far, besides it being so abrasive, I'm doing OK with it. It seems to have at least kept any more acne at bay, although it's failed to remove what I do have. I'm on the lookout for something less abrasive because it hasn't done anything in 2 weeks (it's not like i have horrible zits right now either) except kind of irritate my skin after usage. I'm afraid this might entice more zits instead of preventing and curing them!!

on 9/18/2007 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just didn't get along with this product.

PROS:
- Good color match
- Salcyclic acid does clear up skin a bit
- Nice packaging

CONS:
- It went on oily-feeling, then changed into too dry and cakey.
- Doesn't cover anything... maybe if you use a good concealer under it?
- Looks very streaky after it dries

on 9/18/2007 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First of all none of the colours match my skin tone
second it just doesn't work. I continued to break out just as much as without the foundation. I am so upset that they continue to fool so many people with their advertising. I will never buy any of their products again.