October 23, 2014 | 1085 users online

Skincare - Body - Palmer's - Shea Butter Formula in a jar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not quite as solid as a lotion bar, but this is a more solid formula for a moisturizer. I use this on really dry body parts that need that extra boost, like my feet, elbows or knees. I only use this at night after a shower cause it does leave behind a slightly greasy feel, but this really helps add some moisture to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like others have said, this product is a lil miracle in a jar..for all seasons! This multi-tasking cream is outstanding for my eye area..in the Winter months, my skin gets so dry around my eyes, it flakes and the dry skin gets in my eyes..TMI, I know..but I apply this all around my eyes every night and voila! No more flakes! It has Coconut Oil in it as well which is another reason it works so well..the antioxidant and exfoliating properties of the Lauric Acids and AHAs help to renew the skin and soften leaving radiant, supple skin in its' wake. This works immediately but after multiple uses, the results are even better. I use this also on my legs after a shave and feet since my soles get cracked often..or should I say, USED to get cracked often. Now that I've found this affordable staple of a product, dry skin is a thing of the past for me. I can even use it as an all over the face, night cream over my acne treatment to counteract it's drying agents and it doesn't add to my break outs..in fact, it helps clear my skin up even after as long as I don't go over board! I highly recommend this product!! I find this works much better than the Cocoa Butter..

xoxoxox
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product, along with shea butter in general, is a godsend. To me, it has been the answer to diminishing the appearance of stretch marks and scars, where it's counterpart- Palmer's coco butter, has failed. Unlike coco butter, this product is very thick and moisturizing and stays put for a long time to come. It diminishes scar appearance on contact and heals the skin tissue in the long run. Additionally, it has a divine smell of coconut mixed with bananas and is sold at every drugstore for a song. Its a new staple of mine. Whats not to love?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by JennyOo

The product I'm reviewing also has Vitamin E. It's a solid formula and it is a great moisturizer. Hold in between your fingers before spreading--it melts and is easier to spread. It looks greasy for the first five or so minutes, but then levels off to a nice moisturized soft skin look. The smell seems to me like a combination of coconut and ripe bananas and gardenia and something else I can't quite put my finger on....

Wonderful value at 2.22. This is definitely a find for me, especially for my dry heels and feet, elbows, and ever for an overnight under-eye treatment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Laski

For me personally this product felt too greasy and was scented a little too strong. I mainly used it on my feet and hands in the evening, and I have to say, it worked fine as a moisturizer. But the texture was strangely grainy, it felt extremely greasy and also I didnīt particularly liked the scent (though I got used to it at some point). All in all, it just wasnīt for me, Iīm somehow glad that I finished the pot now and can move on to another product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my, this is solid, and gooey. It's like thick Vaseline with a scent that I cannot put my finger on. I have been using this on my feet with socks overnight. The shea butter has been helping to soften my feet, elbows and knees. I have a rash on my arms and I am going to try this cream - Hopefully, I will have good results. I am not sure if I will buy this again...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by calico32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I first came across this @ Wally World, as I was desperately looking for something to soothe my cracked dry hands. I picked up a trial size tub of this, since I was on my lunch break. This stuff is wonderful! The texture might be a bit grainy at first, but as soon as this heats up on your skin, it melts and feels like silk. I have a tendency to have dry skin and butters are the only things that keep me from getting that "white girl ashiness". This butter is very inexpensive, works wonders and is easy to find. A little goes a long way, so keep that in mind. As a previous reviewer mentioned, this is not one of those lotions that you slap on after the shower and go. This is an extremely moisturizing body butter. Great for overnight treatments.

I will never be without a jar of this at home!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

OMG this stuff STINKS. I stinks in the tub then alf an hour after you've had it on your body and it heats up a little it stinks sooo pungeant.
Nothing like Palmers coca butter smell. Prefer the smell of chocolate. Doesn't work as good as Palmers coca butter either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Mamu1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not bad! Moisturizes well (even eczema plagued skin). I just have a few *gripes* -

1. The consistency seems somewhat gritty;
2. The scent - Coconut? Gardenia? Whatever it is - slightly sickening;
3. Not readily accessible. I have to make *special* trips to the beauty supply (when I'd much rather just be able to grab it at one of my multiple, weekly Target runs).

But, once I get past the above, it's a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2005 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ms325i

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Recommended for anyone with very dry skin. It works great for me, especially during the winter months when my skin gets very dry and flaky. Cannot vouch for its effectiveness on stretch marks, my sister used it while pregnant and swears that it reduced the amount of stretch marks she had, I on the other hand have been using it for over 10 years and it hasn't done anything for mine.