October 22, 2014 | 1800 users online

Scrubs - La Prairie - Essential Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

Having tried many exfoliators, from supermarket brand gentle daily scrubs to high-end department store scrubs, this is by far the best! Yes, it's A LOT of money, but considering the effect that it produces, it is worth it. Especially since it does such a good job, you would only need to use it at most twice a week. It leaves the skin feeling smooth and gets rid of pesky blackheads and bumps that normal washing fails to do.

Having used it years now, i can definitively say that it is my favourite product, and anything else fails to even come close!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by SkincareAficionada

This would be hands down the best scrub I have ever used! This is a wonderful scrub with crushed apricots. Honestly, it feels like the St. Ives Scrub, but this one has a more luxurious base. It is so gentle that the base acts as an effective buffer for the apricot seeds. I love the way it actually makes my face glow. No problem with my extremely sensitive, oily, clog prone skin. What I absolutely love about this is that it is not that expensive. Considering that it is almost $80 here in the Philippines, I only use this 3x a week and only a small small amount, it would last for about a year and a half maybe. :D I really recommend this for all skin types except those with allergies as this one has a lot of fragrance to it. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my GOSH!!!! This is the BEST exfoliator I have ever tried & I've tried a lot (Dior, Nutri-Metics, Biotherm, Decleor, Neutrogena just to name a few - there's probably quite a few I didn't list cause I haven't used them in the past year).

The best thing about this exfoliator is that it exfoliates really well but doesn't feel harsh AT ALL!!! The beads are soft & the creamy pink lotion that suspends the beads is beautifully scented. The pink lotion is quite moisturizing so I would't recommend this for anyone with oily or even combination skin. I've even noticed that since I've been using this exfoliator (pretty much every 2nd day) that my face absolutely glows!!! Yay!!!

I actually loved this so much I purchased one for my partner (male) & he has noticed a massive difference in his skin. It's much smoother & his shaving rash doesn't inflame as much when he shaves now. He's also noticed (& I've noticed) that his skin has the same "GLOW" to it as mine does. I can't believe how good this exfoliator is - I could've just purchased this instead of churning through 50million other exfoliators if I had've known how good it was.

And yes I did say I'd purchase again - & I did just 4 weeks after my initial purchase (I don't want to be stuck without my HG exfoliator now do I?). The only thing that'd I'd say that would make this product better is having a flip-top lid instead of a screw on lid -it's be easier to use in the shower. I put a 3 for price as it's not the cheapest & it's definitely not the most expensive exfoliator I've purchased - definitely in between.

Lurve your work La Prarie!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by buddy655

This is HUGE, keep that in mind. But there are a few things wrong with it if you ask me. It's exfoliating property is apricot shells, which isn't good for skin anyway and is the same thing found in St. Ive's which you can buy for three dollars. This is creamy and I have oily acne prone skin. I do not want my scrub to leave a film on my face and this does, no matter how much I rinse. This doesn't do anything for clogged pores. But it does make skin soft, partly because of the oily residue that it leaves. It exfoliates well, but I prefer to not use an exfoliator with apricot shells in it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:05:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

This is expensive for an exfoliater (£45 in the Uk) but when i saw how big the tub is...i could say it may actually be worth it, and probably works out a lot cheaper than brands like elemis and estee lauder as its probably 3 times the size! It could probably last me all year :) Its a good exfoliater but to me, nothing special. I get a much 'deeper' clean with elemis skin buff which i have been using and re purchasing for around 2 years now, and i have never found anything to beat it. This one i bought when i went on a mad la praire shopping spree and bought a ton of products. I like the size, its very big, but it just doesnt give me that super deep clean, i can still see those pesky whiteheads around my nose, and other thing after washing it off, waiting around 5 mins my skin feels a bit oily. Especially my t zone (i have combination skin) I will use this up, but wont re purchase :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by iheartskincare

This is my HG. i will never use anything else. I have tried, La Mer, YSL, Chanel, Dior, Biore, Lancome, Clarins, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Kate Somerville. YOU NAME IT, they either left me red for hours, or didnt remove all of the dead skin, or were just to harsh. This is great. Cream based and exfoliates very well. I just love it and what a great value. 7 ounces!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow! This should last me at least a year!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by acrobat79

I think thsi exfoliator is OK, but nothing special. Its notbetter than any other more popular brands such as Clinique. My favourite face exfoliator is from Ella Bache - it smells beautiful and it is much more gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by maia25

This is my favourite exfoliator, even my husband uses it! You can feel the particles really exfoliating your skin, but it's not harsh and doesn't leave your skin feeling stripped or dry. Sharing the tube, and both using it twice a week it lasts about a year. But I don't even consider buying something else when it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2007 3:17:00 AM More reviews by nortybunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for years! Yes, no kidding. I bought it a few years back. And I only use it once a week and sometimes once every 2 weeks since I have sensitive/dry skin.

I love this stuff. It's so gentle and my skin is smoother after using this. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG.
I am 30 and from 6 years I use it and by today on my eyes I use it 2 x week and I will keep buying it always. Sometimes I try other product too but always go back to this one
Is JUST AMAIZING .my skin is combo easy break out always some spot on my face…this one is like a VACUUM CLEANER..Take all dirt, spots ALL from your face.My skin is soooooooooooooo smooth and bright i LOVE IT!!!!!

Strongly recommend is GREAT