BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 6/11/2015 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Narrow use for me, but does what it does well.

First, this is sold as a concealer or primer, but does neither particularly well for me. If I use it to correct blue under-eye circles, it looks too white. Not much of an eye primer for me, either.

I use it when I want to take the time for a naturally wide-eyed, awake look. The gentlest dab of the tip of my ring finger into the pot is all that's required: inner eye areas to each side of the bridge of the nose, and on each brow bone. When there's plenty of time at hand, it's a good sparkle-free highlighter and even a handy "pinpoint" corrector for red marks and broken capillaries.

I've heard "You look great without makeup," and, "You look well-rested today. Good weekend?" when I've used it. Exactly the charade I'm attempting, thankyouverymuch.

The price tag seizes the bowels, but given that it takes me three years to get to the bottom of the pan at all, it's a decent price. Tried cheaper and smaller alternatives, but nothing gives me the naturally well-rested look I get from Lemon Aid.

on 5/8/2015 11:30:00 PM

This product is okay. It is just a regular concealer. I don't believe it should be used as a primer as it does not work for this purpose. This concealer is creamy and goes on just like that. It does not turn matte or powder like which is what one would need for a shadow primer. I thought this would cancel out dark circles but not so. Right now, I am kind of just using it to use because I paid for it, but it isn't a wow factor for me. It's not bad enough to store away - not good enough to buy again. Hope this helps.

on 4/13/2015 12:53:00 AM

I don't love this stuff nor do I hate this stuff. I don't love it enough to buy it again, but I don't hate it enough to give it a horrible review. I found the best way to use it is to pat it lightly on the eyelids or any purple areas on the face ( great for under eye area before your skin toned concealer) and cover immediately with the tiniest bit of powder. I have found a great replacement for this and it's the NYX correcting concealer in, yep, yellow! It's got a slightly drier consistency and it is also slightly more light yellow and translucent than Benefit. I have found that both of these products (used sparingly) can work well as a highlight on the face and more so of you're blending with contour.

This product doesn't have great reviews but I really loved it. I have SUPER oily lids and this stuff really controlled the oil. I also have been blessed with lots of allergies and my lids are always super red and this stuff made my eyelids look "normal". I always look more awake when I wear this stuff.

on 3/30/2015 3:31:00 PM

This is a a product I simply can't live without! As long as you use a primer or moisturise prior to using it (apply the primer/moisturiser at least 10 minutes before applying your make-up) it glides on like a dream and does not crease. It instantly refreshes and brightens tired eyes - I wear it both on and above my eyelids and underneath my eyes too. I find it is best once you have applied your foundation and with a touch of pressed powder on the top. It keeps eyeshadow in place longer too. Makes me look alert and awake even when I am sleepy! I don't know what I'd do without this little product.

on 3/19/2015 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really love this product. The price is not a problem for me but it is slightly expensive. It does a great job of covering up my dark circles. I do not wear eye shadow or much eye makeup other than mascara so I wouldn't know if I helps eye makeup to stay put. But regardless, it works great for me

on 3/5/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Not a fan. DIdnt help as a primer. Was hoping it would help with my neutralizing my lids and help make my makeup last. Still creased after an hour and feel it didnt blend well and dried too quick.

on 1/31/2015 11:58:00 PM

I don't love this as an eyelid primer (I think Urban Decay's work much better) so I use it as a matte cream highlighter instead for when I'm contouring.

I'm glad to have found a secondary use for it, but for the price its cheaper to buy the yellow stick concealers from Maybelline at the drugstore.

I liked this and it really does help to cover dark circles. But I've sort of given up on heavy duty colour correcting concealers for everyday use now, as it's a real hassle to have to add this extra step every day to my beauty regime. Also, having tried the NYX peach version which I think it suits my colouring better and is a tad lighter in texture so you don't need quite as much moisture round your eyes as with Lemon-aid (plus it's about a third of the price of this one, if not less), for the amount of times I reckon I'll I want to obliterate any trace of my dark undereyes I'll stick with the NYX. BTW if the texture annoys you Mally does a gloppy version of Boi-ing (but it's far too expensive for my liking).

on 10/16/2014 7:56:00 AM

A really nice slightly tactile product that holds eyeshadows very nicely! The colour blurs out any lines or veins on the eyelid leaving it as a fresh base. The only reason I would not repurchase is due to the price and there being more affordable options serving the same purpose. Overall a great product and if you are a high end primer junkie then another great addition to any collection!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products