December 19, 2014 | 1591 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lemon Aid

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this and it really does help to cover dark circles. But I've sort of given up on heavy duty colour correcting concealers for everyday use now, as it's a real hassle to have to add this extra step every day to my beauty regime. Also, having tried the NYX peach version which I think it suits my colouring better and is a tad lighter in texture so you don't need quite as much moisture round your eyes as with Lemon-aid (plus it's about a third of the price of this one, if not less), for the amount of times I reckon I'll I want to obliterate any trace of my dark undereyes I'll stick with the NYX. BTW if the texture annoys you Mally does a gloppy version of Boi-ing (but it's far too expensive for my liking).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by sahbear95

A really nice slightly tactile product that holds eyeshadows very nicely! The colour blurs out any lines or veins on the eyelid leaving it as a fresh base. The only reason I would not repurchase is due to the price and there being more affordable options serving the same purpose. Overall a great product and if you are a high end primer junkie then another great addition to any collection!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Jessxshepherd

I was really excited to buy this product as I had been eyeing it for a while but I'm sad to say its awful for me when I put it on it covers nicely but it just does not last! It comes off and I'm left with nothing on my eye after about half an hour really not a good product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by laurenwaitman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Benefit Boi ing & Lemon aid duo by the checkout at Ulta, I bought it on a whim because it was just $12 and I am a concealer junkie.
At first I just used the boi ing side to conceal my under eyes, I was skeptical about the yellow side. Not knowing that the lemon aid side was actually to conceal and prime on and around the eyelids I tried it as a concealer for some redness I had from an acne scar. It did amazing. It's the perfect consistency for concealing blemishes, it's not too dry and it's not too creamy. I use it on an eyeliner brush to get in there and pinpoint conceal and it does magnificent. I do it before I put on my foundation (BareMinerals) and although it's a little light, once the foundation is on top it sets it and makes it the perfect color.
Unfortunately they don't do the Boi ing/Lemon aid combo anymore :( it was the perfect size and it lasted me two years! I am very sad it's discontinued, however I believe you can buy just the Lemon aid by itself in a larger pot so I will do that and I'm sure that will last a LONG time! And on top of everything else, it doesn't break me out and I have VERY sensitive skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use it as an undereye concealer after a bad night's sleep or on special nights when I go out. I still don't understand why I can't find a cheaper alternative, but it works. Not a big fan of dipping my fingers into a pot, but hey, I don't use it all the time so aok.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product has been one of the best make-up discoveries I've done in the past few years. From the moment I tried it on, it became an absolute holy grail!
First of all, I should say I do NOT use this product as an eyelid primer. For that use, it actually creases and doesn't last long. Instead, I use it as a color correcting undereye concealer and also as a skin concealer for my very, very pale (NC05/Nars Siberia or lighter) skintone.

I've struggled for years to find a concealer that matched my skintone and could cover my very dark purple undereye circles. This product works by correcting those purple tones and neutralizing them. I believe it will not work as well if your circles are bluer in tone. If it does work, it means you will only need the lightest layer of foundation over this correcting concealer to match the color-neutralized undereye area to the rest of your face, instead of tons and tons of layers of concealer which will cake and set into lines. It also works well to illuminate the browbone area.

As a spot concealer, it works like a charm for my skin. I've never found a real (marketed as) concealer that matched my pale skintone, so I was really excited when I tried this and found it covered any redness and spots perfectly without setting into lines or flaky skin. I've even used it to conceal large areas when I had no foundation around, and it blended seamlessly into my skin.

The packaging itself is very cute and I find the mirror inside it quite handy. It doesn't feel flimsy and it won't get open if you toss it into your bag.

Overall, it's an amazing product, and I have my fingers crossed it won't ever be discontinued!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by c0nsequence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I saw a lot of reviews on YouTube raving over this product and since I'm notorious for late nights I would thought I would give this a try and could do with an eyelid primer! I thought the price was very expensive but I guess if you want good quality that's how much you pay! I was very surprised how small it was! I was quite disappointed after paying almost £17 for it!! It does cover dark circles very well but as it's role for an eyelid primer, it sucked. It settled in creases easily and it didn't help my eye makeup stay throughout the day. What I would recommend is Urban Decay's primers. They are fantastic!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow primer is a also a corrector. It is yellow, but it blends into your skin and brightens up the eye. It did cover up some discoloration on my eyes, but it looked cakey at the same time. The texture reminds me of a creamy concealer, and because of that it creases really bad and that defeats its purpose. Also, it didn't keep my eyeshadow in place. I was really hoping this would work, but sadly it didn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by breezyfosheezy123zy

It does cover up the discoloration on my lids but it settles in the creases, not so awesome. Its too expensive for being so mediocre, when there are cheaper alternatives that essentially do the exact same thing. Not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

Legit worst. This product is a great idea - the yellow cream to combat red/blueness on the lids and under-eyes is spot on and works well. Only problem is that this stuff creases so fast - even if I set it with powder. You'd think as an eye primer it'd have better lasting power. Such a waste - it's going back to sephora tomorrow.