October 31, 2014 | 1444 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Marshmallow Vanishing Creme [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this in a sampler kit, and I must say I really wasn't a fan, The consistency was akin to a much harder body butter, very dense (I had to scrape it out with a fingernail) yet greasy like vaseline when I warmed it between my fingers to spread on my face. I persevered with the sample, using it as a night cream (there is no way I'd have this on my face during the day, as it was so dense and greasy) but I can't say there were any positive results on hydrating my stressed skin, and I noticed my pores clogging, ew. Also, it smells like candy bananas which I really didn't like. I was so glad to finish the tub of this and definitely won't be rebuying!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Beachblonde2986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this cream! I can't live without it! I've been using it for several years now on and off but decided this is the one for me. My skin is normal to dry and flakes on my nose constantly. This cream not only smells wonderful (like marshmallows, go figure) but it feels wonderful too. It instantly quenches my skin and makes it super soft and radiant. I only use it at night though since it is a thicker cream. It will leave you looking a bit oily if used in the day. Maybe powder would help?? When I wake up in the morning, my skin is literally glowing. I believe it has helped reduce the appearance of wrinkles around my eyes and on my forehead too. I always get compliments on my great skin and I believe it is because of this cream. It is a bit hard to find In stores, but you can easily buy it online. Don't ever stop making this Burt's bees!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ari496

This was not anything special. it smelled a little weird, but I eventually got used to it. It doesn't absorb right away and it makes my skin shiny. It definitely doesn't 'vanish' like it said it would. it didn't make me break out, but it didn't help with my acne either. It did clog my pores. It claims it's for all skin types, but I disagree. I would not recommend this to those with oily skin. Those with dry skin shoudl also stay away from it. It made even me peel. This is only for normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this cream in a sample size with a kit given to me at Christmas. I loved the texture of it, it was thick but not at all waxy (I was very confused reading the reviews that said it had a waxy, oily consistency...bad batch, perhaps? It does happen.). I do agree that it is meant for more mature skins. It was too rich for my skin, which can get very dry, but I live in a very mild climate and don't have to contend with harsh, dry winters. I ended up giving it to my grandmother, and it did wonders for her skin. It helped calm her rosacea, and gave her skin a very pretty glow. She liked it so much she went out and bought a full-sized jar once she used up the sample.
    I will say that the shelf life of this cream is short, as it is with most of Burt's Bees products. This is hardly surprising though, considering it uses natural ingredients. It's not something you can use every once and a while, then come back to months later and expect it to be the same.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by AlxB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, it smells really weird! It doesn't really live up to its name as "vanishing" creme as it leaves an oily residue on your face(I have a very dry skin by the way) But i guess it's O.K. to use as a night creme tho. And it does cause a bit of break outs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe i haven't left a review for my most fav BB's product! Shame on me :) Ok so i went on this natural kick & was making my own products but i just couldn't get the moisturizer down good enough so my next option was to find something local & not too expensive that was good for my skin. I picked up a travelers kit that had this in it, i fell so much in love w/ this that i hunted down a large jar of it. It works great for my super dry skin & the smell doesn't make me sneeze my head off (i have bad allergies), its actually kind of yummy smelling...like vanilla marshmellows. My daughter even uses this now when she has her skin flare-ups. She has some kind of dermatitis on her nose area & so far this is the ONLY thing that makes it go away (shes only 13).
    The only issues w/ the large jar is that after a while it seems to seperate, even after mixing it up some it isn't quite right and its hard to find in stores. Oh well it still works so i'll ignore the seperation & keep hunting when i run out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by roxannemelfina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked it. If I could find it, I would buy more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

Oh, I remembered buying this cream b/c of the word "vanishing" in the title. Thinking it is a fast absorbing cream, somewhat like the old-fashion type like Hazel-Snow. It is so waxy & greasy, even my dry skin in winter find it repulsive, not to mention that gawd-awful smell. Some greasy (rich) cream may feel greasy but given 15 minutes or so will absorbed into the skin. Well, this is not, sitting in the drawer for a few months, I chucked it away, come to think of it, I should stick a wick in the middle & light it as a scented candle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oily, smells exactly like bananas, and too rich for my skin. Not memorable and did nothing for my skin after a whole jar's worth. I prefer Nivea.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by RandomFlopsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The negative reviews are largely undeserved. This is a cream for dry and mature skins, and definitely unsuitable for oily complexions. It feels dense and waxy but melts into the skin almost immediately, leaving no greasy residue. Your skin feels nourished straightaway. This has done wonders for my flaky nose. I've had no adverse reactions from my eczema-prone, sensitive skin. It really does smell like bananas and bubblegum - people complain about the lack of a marshmallow smell but don't seem to realize this refers to the plant, not the squishy sweets. The price is fantastic (less than half of what I usually pay for moisturizers - I'm looking at you, Origins) and I'm sure the tub will last several months. The packaging is cute: the glass jar feels solid and the silver lid looks pretty. Overall, I'm very impressed. Great natural product for dry skins at a good price. Will definitely repurchase.
    EDIT: I've been using BP to combat some hormonal spots, and I find this incredibly soothing. It stops the tightness and burning straightaway.