July 30, 2014 | 1510 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Medium

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by mictaylo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lately, I decided to buy the Benefit Brow Zings in Medium for $32. The wax is really good, but the powder has red undertones that make my eyebrows look more reddish rather than medium brown; giving an off look to my brows. I ended up using the wax and another brown powder. I expected a lot more, especially since there is the E.L.F Brow Kit for $3. If looking for the more natural looking brows with a clean finish, I recommend Anastasia brow products and Elf brow kit for the inexpensive option.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by CheyBravo

I've been using this for YEARS! This is my holy grail!!! It stays on ALL day even when I go swimming. I am light skin and it is a bit dark and harsh depending on how heavy your hand is. I am however looking for something a bit softer just because it's spring. I might try a lighter color.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this product will be much better for those with heavier / bushier brows. However, like one of the reviewers below, I have quite sparse brows, and they're quite scattered because I don't get them shaped / threaded, so this product doesn't work for me. One problem with this product is that it's quite tricky to apply I need to take too much time to apply it, otherwise it looks too harsh and very obviously drawn-in. I've taken to brush the wax over the hairs and use more wax to fill in with a very light hand (the powder is too light). On the other hand, the slanted brush makes it a bit easier to fill subtly. Another issue is that the browns of both the wax and the powder are a little too warm for my skin tone. It doesnít smudge or run even after sweating, but it fades really quicky. I have been using it quite infrequently, and after 1 Ĺ years thereís a lot left, and hasnít totally dried up. Iím going to use it for some time longer, while I search for other brow products, and I will not repurchase. I preferred the effect of Maybelline waterproof dark brown mascara on my brow hairs - it was a closer match to the colour of my hairs too, so that will probably be the backup in my stash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Leahapril21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my staple products. I have strong eyebrows anyway but this wax and powder duo hold them in place, defines them and compliments them. This comes with two handy little brushes although I prefer to use my own hard angle brush with its somewhat longer handle. Suitable for everyone as it comes in two other shades (Light and Dark) and lasts a really long time. Will no doubt buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Katlynmorrow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brow kit it's so easy to use and will last a long time really recommend it to anyone I used the colour medium

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My eyebrow kit is in the colour dark, so I will be basing the review on that colour. My kit is very little and dandy, great for carrying around without taking too much space. I don't like one thing about it (which is why I took one star off the rate) I hate the shadow colour, it is sooo dark it almost looks red from how dark it is! You don't need to use a lot of it that's for sure but to be fair I personally think that you should only use one light swipe of the colour.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very very thin brows. I crave a full brow like other girls have. I'm always trying new brow products because I think there's always something better out there that I just haven't tried yet and a friend had recommended this. Firstly, if you have sparse brows, do not use this. This looks (at least on me) the equivalent of me taking a brown marker and drawing on my brows. It looks so incredibly harsh. The wax really sticks to the brows, but if you don't have that much brow and you have to fill in spaces of skin it looks so incredibly obvious. The color difference between the wax and the powder is pretty ridiculous. I can totally tell where the hair is that the wax has stuck to and where the powder is that was filled on the skin. Also staying power is none. This has worse staying power than most pencils I've tried. If you have nice full brows this would work wonderful in making them look clean and groomed. Unfortunately my brows need a lot more help.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Pushica

This is my first post!!! MUA virgin!! Have had this product for over a year and hardly made a dent in it - so it lasts forever!! Like it, it's my first eyebrow kit so it's special! Price is an issue but suppose it's worth it for the longevity. I agree about the brushes - they are not good but I'm sure everyone has something for brows these days :) . Also find the product quite red - I have dark brown/black brows but don't want them painted on so was told to get the medium! It lasts on me quite well and it makes me look very put together which I like

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by thisisnotindy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but I don't think it's worth $30. I have platinum blonde hair, but it's dyed (I'm Asian). Medium goes perfectly with my brows for some inexplicable reason. The powder does fade throughout the day.

I wouldn't repurchase. There's a lot of good brow products at the drugstore now. I've heard that the $3 ELF one is comparable so I'm going to try that one next. You do get a lot of product though, the SA at Ulta told me that hers lasted about three years!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is combination to oily, depending on the weather.

I received this as a gift but I am aware of the price of Benefit Brow zing. This product didn't wow me at all. I find the wax 'patchy', if that makes sense. At first I thought it was because I didn't know how to use it but after a few days of using, it really isn't the easiest for the brows. The powder works for setting the wax but doesn't add more definition/pigment to the brow.

The biggest problem I had with this was when I used it for a full day at work. Applied it at around 6 in the morning. By around 1 pm, the pigment already 'pooled' on the top part of my brow. If you have dry to normal skin, I feel this could stay all day. But for combination to oily, or if you plan to wear it on a hot day, I don't think it's a good idea.

The mini brushes are quite difficult to work with as well. They're made of the same material, just in a different shape. While the hard angle brush works well with the wax, the blending brush should have been in a softer material because the stiff bristle will 'move' whatever wax you've already applied. I use other brushes to apply this.

All in all, It's gets an 'okay' because I didn't spend for it but if I paid for this, I would give it a lower rating.

If you need a hard core brow product, I highly suggest Korean brand TonyMoly 7-day brow tattoo (doesn't last 7 days but it sure lasts 24 hours) and Japanese brand K-Palette lasting 2-way brow pen.