Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 4/20/2015 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have used Aquaphor for years on my lips. It is the only thing that keeps them moisturized during the dry winter months. Other chapsticks are ok, but when my lips really start peeling and bleeding, I have to have my Aquaphor!

on 4/18/2015 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

*Lips:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, YES. A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

I have very very lips due to acne medication, and they constantly flake and dry out no matter how much water I drink or how much lip balm I put on. Aquaphor beats out all the balms I've tried. With other balms, I have to reapply them like every half hour, but Aquaphor honestly keeps my lips moist and soft for at least a few hours.

I also like the packaging for the lip tube, it's hygienic and cute because it's small :)

*Face:

I took one star off for Aquaphor because when I use it directly on my face, it irritates it in some places and gives me red patches on my cheeks. I think that my skin is sensitive to lanolin, one of the ingredients. However, it still performs amazingly-moisturizing-black-magic-sorcery on my lips.

on 4/15/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is godsent! I use it for my lips, for my face, my cuticles, it does it all. It's practically the only thing that keeps my lips from flaking like hell during the winter. Only complaint is the price, which is kind of high, considering the amount of product you get. It would also be really great if they could make it as a lip balm in stick form, so it would be easier to use than constantly having to stick your fingers into the tube.

on 4/9/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

great stuff

on 4/5/2015 6:08:00 PM

I don't think I need to elaborate as what good can be said about this product is said. This is one of my skin care staples.

I use this for my lips and eye area. Other uses have been small wounds. For the small amount I use the price and amount is perfect.

I get pimples from using it over my face. So I stopped using it there.

It really does the job. The wounds I had heal faster. Also it is easier to use than Vaseline (I use this on my face when my skin is dry, no breakouts).

Pro:

* 7$ for 40 ml. Ok price and amount.
* Makes small cuts heal faster
* Helps dry lips and under eye area moist

Con:

* Can't use over my face as I get breakouts from it. I'm guessing it is the lanolin.

on 4/4/2015 11:08:00 PM

Great for chapped lips and eczema. I also coat my feet in it and cover with socks. After a few night my heels feel much softer. I also bought a stand up squeeze tube (rather than a tub) to use for my baby. In fact, it is called aquaphor baby, but I don't think there is a difference in the ingredients. I'll never be without this product.

on 3/28/2015 7:38:00 PM

This really helped me when I was going through accutane treatment! Along with a few other products I used this on any dry skin or flakiness and I believe it really made a difference!

on 3/27/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

PSA: if you have skin anything along the lines of flaking dryness and sensitivity no matter what products you use (especially in brutal winters), you ABSOLUTELY need this in your life. After learning about proper skincare in which the premise lays its foundations on gentle cleansing, no fragrance, alcohol and irritants, my eczema-prone dry skin STILL flaked no matter how heavily I moisturized. Trust me, I have tried everything and no amount of argan oils, butters, and hyaluronic acids stopped my skin from flaking.

The thing missing from my skincare routine was not more heavy moisturizers, but an occlusive. I had previously used Vaseline in which petroleum jelly was the main ingredient, but it didn't restore my skin to the healthy glow that comes from optimal moisture.

Enter Aquaphor. This does contain petroleum jelly, but also goodies like glycerin, bisabolol, pathenol and lanolin alcohol. This combination brings back life into my dry and dull skin. My skin finally regained moisture and radiance in just one night and stopped flaking after two.

Because of the highly emollient and heavy nature of this product, I use this only at night. I use this after I've applied my other moisturizers at the end of my skincare routine to lock everything in.

If you have been experiencing similar issues that I had and feel like you've tried everything, run--don't walk-- to grab yourself some Aquaphor.

on 3/24/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm puzzled as to why this is such a cult product - I applied it as an overnight hand moisturizer, and my hands, cuticles, and other skin around the nails were even drier the next morning, almost scaly. I ended up tossing the still 9/10 full jar in the trash.

on 3/18/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I find Aquaphor perfect for softening lips and dry skin. I originally bought it to treat eczema and whilst I don't find it does much for that, it is very good at sealing in moisture, thus preventing eczema from forming in the first place.