Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 7/1/2015 9:52:00 PM

I really like to use this as a lip balm and also as an "eye cream" I guess you could call it over night. I just smooth a thin layer under my eyes and on my very faint crow's feet and leave on when I go to bed. By the morning the skin under my eyes has absorbed it and look and feel moisturized. I do have oily/combination skin so I don't use it on other parts of my face. I also use the squeeze tube, not the jar, and this works pretty well!

on 6/30/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually don't write reviews, but this is so good I had to. I will say I really underestimated this. I thought it would be just like regular Vaseline, but was I wrong. IMO, it is much more moisurizing. I put this on before bed over my favorite chapstick to really lock in moisture and it works very well. I have never had smoother lips. It really is a great, basic product everyone should keep around

on 6/27/2015 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing drugstore product that moisturizes very well. It's has no fragrance, so I can dab on perfume after without worrying about two scents overlapping. This is truly a great product!

on 6/21/2015 7:59:00 PM

The best lip/hand cream I've ever found! After trying many hand creams (caudalie, gold bond, butter London cuticle oil, Dior Creme abricot...which did not keep my cuticles moisturized sufficiently) and lip balms (caudalie, eos-mad my lips peel), I came across Aquaphor after given a coupon for it. This stuff is HG material. Whereas Vaseline is similar, I feel that Aquaphor soak in better and it doesn't have that petroleum scent. One con: the 16 oz jar packaging is not sturdy and will crack if you drop it on the ground, so be careful with it if you decide to purchase the 16 oz.

on 6/4/2015 2:25:00 PM

I hardly need to add to the hurrah for this one, but it is a powerhouse. Most people don't realize this, but mineral oil and petrolatum are wonderful, safe (as in non-comedogenic) occlusives (barrier forming). Try a thin layer of this on your face overnight and you will be amazed at the improvement preserving moisture this way can cause in your skin. Try a patch test of this if you are wary (it might cause a reaction in a very few people). It seems pricey, but will last forever. The best price is generally on iherb and GUP675 will take ten dollars off your order total :)

on 6/3/2015 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got a free sample from dermatologist. Versatile - albeit greasy, easy to procure and well-priced - a good and "safe" alternative to (ick) Vaseline and petroleum based ointments. Good for chapped/cracked elbows, knees, feet and sparingly lips.
Heavy duty!

Easy to use , easy to find.

No scent.

on 5/28/2015 5:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this stuff! I use it mainly at night as a lip treatment because I find that is protects and moisturises my lips well. It also stays on the lips for hours and hours, probably due to the petroleum. Recommend!

on 5/24/2015 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got turned towards this product after reading favourable things about it on aquaphorfortattoos.com, and decided to give it a try. I found it definitely helped out with tattoo aftercare, and seemed to improve my facial acne a bit as well. The product is a bit "greasy", but you get used to it and it spreads well.

on 5/15/2015 8:16:00 PM

This has become a must-have for my medicine cabinet. I often use this when my skin gets irritated and I need some serious TLC. I can put this on before bed and wake up with my skin feeling great; Aquaphor is such a fantastic product.

This is a must for everyone who uses prescription strength retinoids and Vitamin C serums. Aquaphor calms and heals the dry and irritated skin often associated with the above products. Ever since I started using it, I have tolerated Tazorac and the Skinceuticals Ferrulic C much better. I have been able to use both on a daily basis, even around my eyes and on my neck. Aquaphor is also exceptional when going on long flights. It really helps to keep my skin soft and well hydrated. If you are worried about the packaging just stick with the tubes. If it is too goopy for you, just wipe it off after a short period of time with a clean towel or washcloth. This will get rid of the excess cream and will also exfoliate gently.