Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 7/22/2015 11:26:00 AM

This is one of those products that I'd been hearing about for years and years. I honestly wish I had tried it sooner. It's really great for dry or irritated skin. Heals chapped lips too.
And if you use at-home chemical peels (like MUAC's) this is something to keep on hand to help speed up the healing process.
You can buy this either in a jar or a tube, I prefer the tube because it's more sanitary. Its texture is basically the same as Vaseline, so it'll moisturize my skin to the point of greasiness. But its effects are visible literally overnight.
I will definitely buy this again!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Used it on my toe which was painful due to a piece of skin that was peeling into the flesh. Used this for 2 days over the wound with a bandaid. Now it's fully healed!

on 7/22/2015 8:48:00 AM

This stuff... is just amazing. Yes it's said that it's like Vaseline but in my opinion it's way better. Like others said it doesn't just sit on your lips it sinks into your lips and gives you that moisture unlike Vaseline that just sits on your lips. I'm looking forward to using this in the winter time as my lips can get very dry and chapped. I have also used this on my elbow and used as an overnight treatment for my feet and was blown away this stuff is really good! I thought I would wake up with sticky feet but this stuff sunk in and my feet felt like I had lotion on them :) I also like using this after I shave my legs at night and in the morning my legs are so moisturized that when I wear shorts my legs glow haha weird but I love the glow! :) This product comes in regular, for your lips and now a small jar.

on 7/21/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this on dry cracked lips, under my nose when I have a cold (even in my nose sometimes lol), basically anywhere where I have skin that's very dry and cracking. It's a great product, works well and lasts a very long time since you need very little per application. Price seems a little high for the size of the tube but it's worth it because it'll last for years. Would repurchase

on 7/16/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a staple for me and I keep one at home and one in my purse. I use this on my lips every day and like it more than all other balms because it feels silky instead of tacky. I wish they'd make a version with spf just for lips. I even used this all over my face during a time when my face was very dry and itchy. Sometimes I get allergies on a small spot on my cheek, where it gets red, itchy and flaky, but when I put this on it seems to go away faster.

on 7/1/2015 9:52:00 PM

I really like to use this as a lip balm and also as an "eye cream" I guess you could call it over night. I just smooth a thin layer under my eyes and on my very faint crow's feet and leave on when I go to bed. By the morning the skin under my eyes has absorbed it and look and feel moisturized. I do have oily/combination skin so I don't use it on other parts of my face. I also use the squeeze tube, not the jar, and this works pretty well!

on 6/30/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually don't write reviews, but this is so good I had to. I will say I really underestimated this. I thought it would be just like regular Vaseline, but was I wrong. IMO, it is much more moisurizing. I put this on before bed over my favorite chapstick to really lock in moisture and it works very well. I have never had smoother lips. It really is a great, basic product everyone should keep around

on 6/27/2015 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing drugstore product that moisturizes very well. It's has no fragrance, so I can dab on perfume after without worrying about two scents overlapping. This is truly a great product!

on 6/21/2015 7:59:00 PM

The best lip/hand cream I've ever found! After trying many hand creams (caudalie, gold bond, butter London cuticle oil, Dior Creme abricot...which did not keep my cuticles moisturized sufficiently) and lip balms (caudalie, eos-mad my lips peel), I came across Aquaphor after given a coupon for it. This stuff is HG material. Whereas Vaseline is similar, I feel that Aquaphor soak in better and it doesn't have that petroleum scent. One con: the 16 oz jar packaging is not sturdy and will crack if you drop it on the ground, so be careful with it if you decide to purchase the 16 oz.

on 6/4/2015 2:25:00 PM

I hardly need to add to the hurrah for this one, but it is a powerhouse. Most people don't realize this, but mineral oil and petrolatum are wonderful, safe (as in non-comedogenic) occlusives (barrier forming). Try a thin layer of this on your face overnight and you will be amazed at the improvement preserving moisture this way can cause in your skin. Try a patch test of this if you are wary (it might cause a reaction in a very few people). It seems pricey, but will last forever. The best price is generally on iherb and GUP675 will take ten dollars off your order total :)