Hard Candy Babydoll duo

4.2

on 6/24/2003 6:09:00 AM

Intially, I purchased this compact for the pinky highlighter, with the intention of utilzing the blush as a creamy lip color.(The name of the compact, as well as the uber-cute presentation also held their own appeal.) Because I have oilly, comedone prone skin,I had always abhored blushes. I felt they only emphasized the blotchiness of my skin. However, after experimenting with the blush as lipcolor and eyeshadow, I finally decided to give the blush a try. All I can say is wow! My cheeks were radiant pink, and the blush/highlighter definitely complemented my bone structure. The blotchiness that had so vexed me completely blended in with the blush as well. I was also estatic about the deluge of compliments I recieved. Major rave for HC!

on 4/9/2003 11:16:00 PM

I have an olive complexion and never thought a blue-based pink would work on me. When applied on my skin, this shade perfectly mimicks the flush I get from a good blast of winter air, which I have always found to be flattering to me. Needless to say you don't want to overdo it in the winter and come out looking too flushed. The texture is great and is easier to control than powder -- I can even dab some on my chin and nose bridge just like you would with powder blush, just make sure to blend well and better to do it with a light hand. I have discovered that the highlighter to has multiple uses. Aside from using it to highlight your cheekbones, you can also use it to highlight your browbones and apply it to the inner corner of your eyes with your pinky to emulate that "refreshed" look. A slight drawback is that it can get messy in the compact but it's best to be careful and tidy with products in general anyway. I'd say for me this is the HG of cream blushes and worth every penny.

on 10/22/2002 5:48:00 AM

Cute compact and colours, but the texture and consistency of the blush changes after a while, and becomes wierd and clumpy in the compact. Applied over the apples of the cheeks, with the silvery highlighter over the top, this product gives a very dewy, fresh look. I find it a bit messy though- too much work with my hands. :P

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the highlighter side, but hate the blush. It goes on bright red, and dries quickly, making it impossible to blend into your cheekes properly.

on 6/12/2001 10:52:00 PM

Love the blush part but HATE the highlighter side. The blush side gave a beautiful sun-kissed glow, but the highlighter made me look oily and shiny.

Popular Blush Products