July 24, 2014 | 1113 users online

Shampoo - Giovanni - Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by neeetah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo! It didn't give that invigorating tingle like I expected it to. But it did clarify my hair and clean it just with one wash!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

Meh. I was in the mood to try something different from the Giovanni line, and had heard good reviews on this. At first it seemed to react well to my fine, long hair...and then about 1/3 of the way through the bottle, my hair started began getting dandruff, and became greasy and limp. Very strange. I finished the bottle because it wasn't cheap, but I won't be repurchasing. I've went back to my tried and true, Giovanni Golden Wheat Shampoo. It works great for my hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was battling dry, flaky, itchy scalp on a regular basis due to a bad reaction to sulphate shampoos. I didn't realize the problem until I stopped using sulphates and switched over to sulphate free. Once I did that, my scalp issues were a thing of the past. Giovanni's Tea Tree shampoo has been my holy grail. I like that it clarifies my hair leaving it super clean without the drying effects and at the same time soothe, nourish and heal my scalp with the ingredients of peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus and rosemary oils. It lathers quite well for a sulphate free shampoo and washes out cleanly without that waxy feel. It removes silicones, oils, hairspray etc; so if you're seeking an alternative to those harsh, scalp irritating ingredients, take a look at the Giovanni line. I also use their Smooth as Silk and Direct leave-in conditioners and love them both just the same.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I was really excited about trying it. But, I find that every time i'be used it, it leaves my hair feeling very dry. Like it's really stripped my hair of everything.

The scent of it is okay, nothing special. Unfortunately, I will not be trying this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by courtisane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This thing makes my eyes sting (even when it doesn't touch my eyes) and it burns random parts of my scalp!! Horrible product for me, had to throw it away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by melanous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Marshall's where I usually see a large bottle for a decent price. I'm not in love with this stuff, it feels too harsh on my scalp, makes it itch. Sometimes I will mix this with another shampoo if I skipped a day of washing. Not my favorite but for me simple and not too harsh works better. I'm sold on Herbal Essence Shine line in original packaging even though I did like some of the Giovanni products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by blackhalo

Ok so for me shampoos are hard to rate. I feel like my conditioner is doing the bulk of the work for how my hair looks and feels. I have used this for at least 5 washes now and I am alternating it with H&S to help my dry scalp because TeaTree is supposed to be good for the scalp. I see no negative side effects to using it so to me that's worthy of a good rating.

I like Giovanni's 2Chic Brazillian Keratin & Argan Oil Ultra-Sleek Shampoo because it smelled nice and lathered well for an SLS -free shampoo and so when I saw this bottle on clearance at Walmart I just grabbed it for later. Then I developed the dry scalp in winter and whipped it out.
It's a bit liquidy and the opening pours so it can be easy to get too much. It does not lather at all like the 2Chic but it is also a more clarifying type of shampoo and more importantly it spreads well despite that. Rinsing it out can be a little tough because it makes my hair feel very flat/heavy and not slick at all, but my shower is also not very high pressure so I feel like it's a bit of a chore to rinse my hair anyway, not a big deal for it to be a tiny bit worse.
I don't really like the smell of Tea Tree and this has no additives to sweeten it so I find it a little stinky but it doesn't linger.
I wish it made my head tingle more like people describe here but for me it's just mildly cooling, which is still pleasant enough.
It definitely keeps me interested in Giovanni as a brand and I look forward to trying their other products. It looks like Ulta has dropped most of their stuff so that's a bummer but it can be bought at drugstore.com and stuff.
As for price I don't know what places are marking it up to $11 for an 8.5oz bottle but you can get it for $7 or less at Walmart in store, cheaper online, and for $15 or less ( I don't remember for certain) at Marshalls/TJ Maxx you can get a 24oz pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Annaksza

I love the sensation this product imparts. I simply love mint. It's a bit overpriced but these shampoos don't have sulfates so it's good for dyed hair. I used to have dyed hair briefly, but not anymore. This shampoo really is a treat and is my favorite of the 'healthy' 'non-sulfate' shampoos as they can often get pricier than this (wen, etc.).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

Whoo boy, is this product ever pricey. For a small bottle I paid over $11. Normally I can buy shampoo for half that and get twice as much. What I will say is, it's worth the extra dough. And I've seen on here that at iherb it's only around five dollars so providing the shipping isn't too expensive I could possibly save.

I have been using this for several weeks now, and waited to post my review because of this. I wanted to be sure of my thoughts on the product before I commented. I have jumped the gun on reviews before.

I usually wash all of my hair from scalp to ends, and I am learning that with this shampoo it is not necessary. If you're like me and have oily roots but dry ends, a good scalp scrub will do the trick. If your hair is very greasy it might be good to do it twice.

I use Giovanni's 50/50 conditioner on my ends and midshaft. I find this combo works perfectly. Let the conditioner sit for a few while you wash and whatnot for good results.

This gives me crazy shiny, much less itchy hair!

EDIT: 12/11/2013: I had to take off a couple lippies, because although I still love that this product is natural, it has actually begun to contribute to my dandruruff and itchy scalp. My hair still looks okay, but my head is driving me nuts. Switching to Andalou Brilliant Shine and I'll update on that after a few weeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by liz1644

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the best shampoos I have ever used.

PROS:
-no harsh ingredients
-no sulfates
-made hair shiny, soft, and silky
-i had lots of great second-day hair again
-not stripping

CONS:
-couldn't find it local (bleh)
-price ($9-10) but you dont use a lot

I shampoo my curls every 3 days, so I don't go through this very fast. It's a great buy. I wish it was here locally because then I could get it for $6. Anyways, it was great! Loved it!