November 27, 2014 | 1086 users online

Foundations - Sisley - Botanical Makeup foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by andreeadriana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best foundation I've ever used, and I have tried so many so far. Applying it is a very pleasant experience, from the fresh smell to the light texture (similar to a refreshing moisturiser), perfect coverage and luminous finish. Another plus is the fact that it didn't break me out and it seemed to have a soothing and moisturising effect. The only downside is that shade 00 is a bit too light for me. It would be great if they brought out new shades, because the formula is very close to perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by MartinaP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Sisley botanical makeup with cucumber (transmat) in 00 beige clair. At first the colour seemed too light, but I also tried 06 which is very pinkish, the 00 was the right choice for my palish face. Blends in easily, there is no difference betweeen face and neck. Very expensive, but I think it lasts forever, because the package is 40ml, and not the usual 30ml. Because the shade is so light/bright/pale I have to wear blush to give some colour to my face. It's perfect for winter, I don't know if it would be too pale in summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by MsMinipony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely in love with this product. I have the hardest time finding foundations that aren't too yellow or orange for my very light skin and 0 is absolutely perfect for me. It doesn't break me out or make my skin more oily. It looks very natural on me and photographs beautifully. Also I think it will last me a long time as it takes very little to even out my skintone, so even though it's crazy expensive it might be worth it over time (I use a stippling brush to apply it) . The smell is quite strange, but it fades quickly once applied and unlike many other smells it doesn't bother me at all. Deffinitely a keeper!
UPDATE: Still loving it. This is great mixed into sunscreen or moisturizer as well if you're in a hurry. It was a bit too dark in winter though and I had to switch to something else for November - March.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent foundation discovery for me. I love that it's a cream but comes in a convenient, hygenic tube (which is so great for travel). I don't find the natural cucumber smell at all offensive and I also love that it's a pure botanical product. Using this foundation with my Beauty Blender sponge over a moisturizer and a hydrating primer, this is neither too matte nor cakey on my mature, very dry skin. I personally really like the full coverage, too. I got 0, Beige Clair, and it's perfect for my fair (especially in winter) skin tone. It's not my all time favorite (that would be Cle de Peau), but this one is also a keeper.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ausgirl

I tried the oil free and liked the way it looked, but it was too drying for my combination skin. I was convinced by the salesclerk at Neiman Marcus to try this and I really like it. It looks pretty natural and covers my red areas by my nose. It doesn't get all greasy like some other high end brands I've tried. I have a hard time because foundations are either too greasy or too drying. This is inbetween and works well for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, I tried both Phyto-touch and Transmat by Sisley and sadly Phyto-touch breaks me out, as most foundations do. Transmat (or Botanical Makeup foundations as it is called here. I think the packaging stated "Transmat Makeup with Cucumber extract") on the other hand does not. I tend to think that my skin tolerates this one because there are no silicones in it. I got Transmat in 0 - beige clar which is the lightest of all 6 shades, it lasts whole day without touch-ups, shine is minimal and it makes my skin look almost perfect. I said almost because on some areas like nose it can look a bit cakey. The only thing I dislike is the weird unripe cucumber smell, it's not really pleasant.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I love Sisley oil-free foundation and got the botanical one (transmat) because my new CdP base spf22 is just too sticky a base for the oil-free version. And as expected, this is as impressive as the oil-free version. Slightly more moisturizing and radiant but still so-up-there status. I found recently that this works great with my CdP pore corrector alone, really fantastic sans oil slick. Highly recommended.

EDIT: I love Sisley foundations but I am loving this ALMOST as much as the Oil-free version. I really think that people should try this brand first before exploring other high end brands. This gives me the coverage that SKII Air Touch and LP Caviar fdn/concealer are trying to pull off but just can't.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by mbg727

I absolutely can not stand the smell of this foundation. It is cucumber, and it makes me sick. It also does not work as well as their other foundation. Luckily, I got this in a sample so I didn't have to fork over the dough for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Sisley foundation, I have been using their oil free version and it is my favorite. In winter time I started to use this foundation and have nothing but positive results from it though it is not oil free. I bought Beige Clair (OO) and it was just too ghostly for my skin tone so I have samples in Cendre and Soft Beige for my NC 20-25 skin. Cendre leans towards more of a beige undertone and Soft Beige is more yellow if you are NC 20-25 then either could be worn depending on whether you prefer more beige or yellow. I love this foundation, it is so easy to blend and yes it is expensive ($90.00) but well worth the cost. I have tried numerous foundations over the years (LP, La Mer, GA, LM, etc) but Sisley is by far the best for my skin. This foundation along with their oil free actually stay put on my skin all day. Wonderful product and I will buy a tube once my samples run out.

Update: This foundation is for those who are not oily skin, I think after trying the samples that the oil free is better suited for my skin type, still this is an excellent foundation for those who can wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 2:40:00 PM More reviews by reneeg323

Love, love, love this foundation. I purchased this six months ago but didn't really like it when I got it home and ended up putting it in the drawer. I recently brought it back out and find that I really love it. I have been trying to find a good long-wearing medium coverage foundation for mature, but still somewhat oily, skin. In the past two years, I have tried Armani LSF, Armani designer foundation, CdeP fluid, La Prairie cellular powder, La Prairie Caviar Foundation, Chanel and Dior Sculpt in my quest for my HG. My experience with each of these foundations has been good but not great. The Armani provides good initial coverage and a good look but tends not to wear well. The LP Caviar is harder to apply to achieve a natural, rather than masked, look and is good when I have time to work with the foundation. The CdeP wears very well but is hard to apply because of its fast-drying consistency. I couldn't stand the LP powder foundation - I always ended up looking like a ghost. The Sisley foundation, though, is extremely easy to apply and very forgiving as it blends well. I have been applying it on top of my Cosmedicine moisturizer and find that I need no primer. The foundation goes on over the moisturizer like a dream. The color match is very good for my skin tone - I use the beige clair - and the coverage is just perfect for me. It is very natural and smooths out my skin tone without causing me to look like I have foundation on. It also lasts all day. Given the relative ease with which I can apply this foundation, the good coverage and lasting ability, I think that I may have found my HG. Just to be safe, I will update this review in six months!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No