August 29, 2014 | 1708 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Moisture Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I have oily/combination skin so I was bit apprehensive about using this, especially as The Body Shop website describes this as a cream designed to hydrate the skin which isn't a particular concern of mine. However, as I sometimes suffer with dry skin on my cheeks throughout the year, I thought it would still be worth a shot...

This started out well, even though I wasn't overly fond of the scent (it has a very strong floral aroma). However, it did seem to do a pretty good job of hydrating my skin and at first didn't make me break out or cause any irritation. Unfortunately though after about a week of using this my skin started to look and feel really dull and I started to get breakouts on my forehead and cheeks, two places I don't usually get them. I also found that the skin around my mouth started to feel sore and itchy which is something I've never experienced before, so could only attribute to this cream.

I used this alongside the night cream and serum from the same range and have since used both of those with other face products to see what could be causing the skin issues I've been experiencing. Sadly it does seem to be this cream, so I've now stopped using it (although I've also stopped using the night cream too as that was way too rich for my skin).

I'm certain this would be great for someone who has really dry skin, but personally I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with combination or oily skin as I think it would be too hydrating. Having looked at the ingredients list (something I now realise I should have done before using it) it also has lanolin in it which 98% of the time I react to, especially if it's applied to my face. My other concern is how many parabens and fragrance ingredients this has - Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben and Propylparaben (all of which are billed as preservatives), plus seven different fragrance ingredients. This is shockingly bad for a brand that seems to take great pride in the natural ingredients they put into their products and has put me off this range completely now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by ermanday

I have oily combination skin and in Singapore, the weather is really humid which results in me having an oily face really easily.

I've been using this product for almost a month and a little bit goes a long way.

I use it at night and morning too before I head out. This product smells like normal baby lotion. However, it does not make me oily at all! The product is absorbed by my skin really nicely and quickly. I usually rub it gently into my skin, then pat it a few times to ensure that the product is fully absorbed.

No, the product doesn't leave me a greasy feeling at all! It somehow helps control oil too as whenever I use it, I'll only get oily 5-6 hours later(or may be after 7 hours).

The only downside of it is it's price. SGD$30 plus for a 50ml tube is not worth it in my opinion......

I wish it came in a press tube instead! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by loisgreener

THIS IS FOR "THE BODY SHOP VITAMIN E AQUA SORBET", this is absolutely beautiful its hydrating enough and feel matt and yet soft on my skin. And the smell is amazing like green tea. Love this moisturizer and the price perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Jessicaj123

I think this is a really good moisturiser it leaves my skin hydrated and makes me feel really refreshed. A little goes a long way I use it at least once a day if not twice I'm on my second pot now my first pot lasted from Christmas to the day before my birthday which was the 31 June. I always buy them in the 40% sale so they are only 6 pounds because I think that 10 pounds is a bit pricey for the amount of product you get.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brought the Body Shop Vitamin E sample bag which contain Moisture Cream, Nourishing Night Cream, Toner & facial cleanser plus the bag.

This product smells good, has a gel like appearance but creamy texture.

Lasting power is not long at all, it's been six hours now and I can see my dry areas becoming more noticeable now.

It does provide moisture but not enough for my needs so I feel that this product might be more beneficial to someone with normal skin instead of extreme dryness.

Warning to those with sensitive skin, test this product first.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by elizabethyong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using this - along with the serum-in-oil and night cream from the range. I'm not as impressed with the day cream as the othwr products, but will continue to use till I find something I like better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Alia33

In the winter time my face feels very dry and this product is so hydrating. You only need a little bit and it does so much. it doesn't have a smell or any perfumes in it either, which is great. My face feels so hydrated and fresh after I use it and it lasts all day. The Price is great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by emily0794

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lovely light moisturiser that does the job. Makeup goes on well after this. Not greasy. Packaging and value for money considering how small the tub is, is disappointing but I am in my second and will continue to repurchase as I use if every day

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Angelcake92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this cream for free. It is really moisturising without becoming greasy. The consistency is not thick, so easy to spread. Nice smell and pretty pink colour.

The pot is smaller than it looks though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A very good moisturizer for dry skim or winter skin. Been around for AGES and there is a good reason for that. Mid-priced for a good-sized tub/jar.

No issues from me.