The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Isopropyl Palmitate (Emollient), Sorbitol (Humectant), Lanolin (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cetyl Esters (Emollient), Steareth-2 (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Ceresin (Stabiliser), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Steareth-20 (Emulsifier), Carbomer (Viscosity Modifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 14700 (Colour).

on 9/29/2015 7:49:00 AM

This is the worst skin product I have used in my entire life. I would rather live the rest of my life without moisturizer than put this on my skin again. Everyone who stated that it gives you a severe red, calloused rash, with tiny bumps under the skin on the jawline, neck, eyelids, and upper lip, experienced this. It takes about 3 days to start popping up. When I initially saw the dry, flakiness, I began to apply MORE of this poison, not knowing it was the culprit. As soon as I realized it was, in fact, this moisturizer, it found its way into the nearest garbage can. When my boyfriend saw me for the first time after a week of use, he nearly insisted on me going to the ER for fear of anaphylaxis. It took my skin 4 weeks to fully recover from this. Do not walk, run from this product.

on 9/29/2015 2:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I usually like most of the body shop products but this one quite didn't work! The first two nights gave amazing skin felt really soft and hydrated in the morning. However, after a couple of nights it gave me tiny red bumps on my face...almost like an allergic reaction. I love the texture of this cream but somehow it's too thick on my skin and it doesn't sink in even though I take a really tiny amount of this product. I'll probably end up using this as a hand cream or something.

Really disappointed with this one!

on 9/3/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

it's really good. It makes my skin look brighter and also gives humidity.

on 5/27/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I started using this product a few days ago. I have had pretty normal and clear skin even throughout my teens! However, this product has given me a really RED ITCHY rash along the jawline as well as a lot of under the skin spots on my forehead cheeks etc . Usually the Body-Shop is amazing but I will never purchase this cream again!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Makes my dry skin feel so soft and supple. I love it as a body / hand cream. Smells very similar to J&J's baby powder, but I enjoy the scent. I have never used this use on my face, so I can't comment on that. It is slightly greasy, but its just perfect for dry hands in the winter months. It is slightly overpriced, so I try to wait for a sale and then stock up.

on 1/22/2015 5:00:00 PM

My confused very sensitive, dry and sometimes spot prone skin seemed to like this cream at first - it did sting a little the first time i used it, but that often happens and usually when it does, i wake up next day with dry flaky patches, but my skin felt quite soft and i kept on using it - twice a day. Mistake!

After about a week little bumps started appearing in my skin between my nose and top lip - sore but deep in the skin (the kind that don't come to a head until weeks later), I didn't twig it was the moisturiser and still kept on using it.

Now my chin and the area at the side of my mouth has these spots too - badly congested pores. What a mess! I now have bumpy, spotty scarred skin (scarred because I'm a picker).

Thanks Body Shop! Having said that, it seems to work nicely on the dry non porous skin on my elbows and knees - but so does Vaseline.

on 1/2/2015 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Coming from someone with skin that has gone through tremendous amounts of facial trauma from cystic/moderate acne, hyperpigmentation from spots, topicals and poor suncare and large pores, this cream was not bad! In fact, i've been using this every night for a couple of months and nothing drastic has happened (no cysts here!)

As someone with combo-oily skin, applying this under makeup or during the day isn't a good idea because it is quite hydrating and risks giving you an oil slick face. i put this on at night and in the morning, my face is balanced, looks even. maybe its just me but i have noticed my hyperpigmentation from spots clearing up on my cheeks especially, not miraculously but enough for me to carry on using it :)

sometimes before applying makeup i'll use my usual day moisturiser (clean and clear dual action) on my oily areas (nose, cheeks) and use this moisturiser on my chin to avoid dry patches and my bb cream sets nicely (another thing: my skin hasn't ever really been clear enough to use bb creams until i started using this! i don't even feel the need to apply as much anymore which is nice)

my skin is quite sensitive so i was worried about the smell irritating, smells perfumed/rosy but my skin and nose can cope with it :) i was also worried about it causing break outs and clogging pores...i can't comment on whether this has caused any spots because i have the usual teenage mild acne here and there, no matter what products i use (thanks, genes!) but this hasn't manifested any of those monstrous lumps that i've had in the past. i used to use the clean and clear moisturiser day and night when all of a sudden my skin couldn't cope with the everchanging dryness/oiliness and imbalances, and the vit E moisturiser came free with stuff my mum had bought so i tried it on a whim and don't regret it :)

how i use it: once a day, i apply it on slightly damp (not dripping wet) face. skin feels soft and its exactly what i wake up to, so i look forward to applying it at the end of a long day when your skin needs a boost. i also started using this as it got colder to hydrate my skin after it becomes stiff in the cold!

the jar packaging could be improved because coming from someone who used to have bad skin, i feel awful dipping my fingers into it!

on 11/9/2014 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Absolutely hate this moisturiser and currently in agony trying to finish it. Personally, I found it feels relatively heavy and greasy on the skin. Also, I noticed that if you didn't blend it out thoroughly, my face would look purple. Terrible product, do not recommend whatsoever.

on 9/25/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As always, I hate jar packaging and I don't understand why company still use this kind of packaging.

With that said, this is an ok product that I will not repurchase. It was hydrating and not clogging for my sensitive skin, but the smell is really in-your-face and kind of like a doctor smell lol, really not my cup of tea.

I've only used this for like 2 weeks now, but I thought I would share my thoughts.

It started off well, it's a nice moisturiser that doesnt feel tacky, smells nice and leaves the skin feeling babysoft! BUT - already after a few days I started to notice small bumps on both sides of my cheeks, sure I get pimples all the time but not like these, they are soo small and so many it makes my skin feel very uneven.

I am not 100 % sure that this product is the only reason to the bumps, but after reading a few other reviews of this product stating the same thing I really think you should stay away from this, especially if you already have sensitive skin and is prone to acne.

I looked up the exact ingredients in this, and it turns out it has a lot of different parabens and other things that can irritate and block the pores. Too bad, I really like the body shop - but not this!