October 20, 2014 | 2071 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by 30betterthan20

In theory this product should set your makeup so it lasts longer. This was the purpose for which I purchased it. After multiple tries, I haven't noticed any prolongation of the makeup hold considering I have combination skin. However, I am not dissapointed, as I found other benefits I get from using this product:
1.When you want to give a more natural finish to your face: I just spray it on after applying the foundation and setting powder and I really like the result
2. Instant refreshing during hot summer days
These and the fact that it lasts you a really long time, makes me give it 4 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I actually quite like this. It can be used before you apply your foundation & after as well. If you tend to overpowder in bad lighting, this is your new lover. It gets rid of that powdery look instantly. However, I use MAC face and body foundation and never have an issue with looking too powdery. I use this to make my foundation mixed with blush look glowy since "pinch me" by Mac is matte. It just makes you look fresh and beautiful with glowy skin. I get so many compliments wearing this. People are always telling me I look fresh faced. Mac f&b is super long lasting on me, and this spray does not make it slip or slide off my face at all. I don't really know if it sets it but I just took my makeup off and it's been 15 hours since I applied my makeup and it still looked really good. So maybe it does set it after all but I don't use it for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Kiruby82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this product for the fourth time in 4 years. I don't use it everyday.
I like the smell of it, although it's a little bit synthetic-ish but I think it's nice.
I really like the packaging and it's very travel friendly. I do notice that it reduces the powdery look on my face after applying it on top of my foundation/powder and it even gives a soft glow to my skin. But you have to be careful because, at least in my own personal experience, if you apply extra product it can feel a little sticky... tacky on your face and that is not really pleasant at all. A little goes a long way. I wonder how would it work if you put it in the fridge, probably super refreshing. I have to try that.

I think this product is alright. Nothing amazing, but something good. It makes a little difference. It does NOT help to prolong the staying power of your makeup, as some people think.
It's a refreshing water and subtle skin glow in a bottle. I have to add that the mist that comes out of it, it's quite fine and that is something that I love about it. Not big droplets

Do I recommend it? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by FancyMeBrit

I absolutely love this product! I don't wear foundation or my BB creme 24/7 but I do my brows the most and when I saw those baby stay in place! It gives your makeup and overall nice finish period!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

This just made my skin look fake and I would rather look a little powdery than like a manequin. I do like it for spraying on brushes though just because it lets out such a light mist.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I purchased this to set/refresh my makeup and it does the job well. Adds a nice glow to my foundation without grease. Only reason for 4 stars is that I would like the spray to be finer, like a mist. It dries quickly and the end effect is great and feels refreshing. Will continue to purchase unless my skin reacts badly to it over time. Great for mature skin, as us "mature" women know every little bit helps :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not really sure how I feel about this product.
When I bought this the lady at the counter told me that it was created to fix my makeup - obviously - and to me shine-free yet not completely matte but kinda healthy and glowy.
Let me start by saying: This stuff won't you shine free.
So why do I still think that this is a good product? Here's why:
Even though I don't think it does what it says it does, it is amazing - I mean AMAZING - when you've overpowdered. It really takes away that cakey mask and brings back the illusion of skin without taking away too much coverage. This is why i still love this.
If you're oily like me I wouldn't recommand spraying this directely onto your face, if you have combo skin you can get away by spray it onto your non-oily areas. However if I want to apply in my oily areas I just spray it on my beauty bleander and dab over my face with this or spray this on a powder brush and slighty brush over my face. That way i can keep the coverage I've just created without looking too cakey.
So all in all:
Bad for keeping you shine free
Perfect for bringing back the illusion of skin to an overpowdered face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by danceintherain55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hesitated to purchase this for the longest time because it felt like buying water to me. If you're feeling similarly, please do yourself a favor and purchase it! Fix + quickly became a huge staple of my life. I spritz my face with no makeup, spritz as a makeup finisher, use it as a skin refresher, use it on my brush before applying pigments... There are so many uses. It's wonderful. So multi-purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Msritajanay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just started using this for the first time, a week ago. I have oily skin so I was hesitant to buy it because well….im already dewy right?! well this gives off a healthy glow. My skin looks so fresh no matter what foundation I am using! I have not tried it with eyeshadows yet, but it seems to be promising! Highly recommended :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by 4lcloverab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this recently and I love it. However, I think some of the reviewers are under the wrong impression of what this is used for. This is to give you a dewy look after makeup or before. It's also for use with eye makeup. You can use it on your brush and apply eyeshadow for a true pigmented application. You can also use it to make liner out of a shadow that stays all day. I bought this with mac's "smutty green" palette, and it makes the color so vivid it's unbelievable! I don't think this is too overpriced, it could be cheaper! However, I bought the travel one for $10 and it is 1 oz. give it a try, you won't be sorry.