MAC Prep and Prime Fix Plus

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is OK. I don't get the hype. It's nice and refreshing, and does leave a nice dewy look to the skin to help makeup look more natural, however, I don't notice a huge difference in staying power. It's not something I'd repurchase.

on 8/25/2015 4:33:00 AM

Fix Plus is a great product, in my opinion, if you want to accentuate your highlighter or shimmery eyeshadow even more.

I don't think that it necessarily prolonges the wear of your make-up like some of the setting sprays out there, but it is a good product to saturare the shine. I like to just spritz it twice on top of my cheekbones and there you go - J Lo kind of glow achieved.

So if you're looking for a product to quickly refresh your face if you happened to over powder or perhaps want to make your highlight appear more vibrant - highly recommend it.

Fix Plus is also great for strobing, there is a whole tutorial on it in this blog post below. Hope it helps.

on 8/22/2015 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think this takes the award for the best product I have tried this year. It costs $27 Australian dollars and I bought it from Myer.

Firstly I must point out that this is not a setting spray so it will not seal make up and make it last all day. I use this after I finished with foundation, powder, blush and highlighter. I spray it all over my face and it leaves me with a beautiful glow, it gets rid of the powder look and combines all of the makeup. Once dried, I apply my eyeshadow and lipstick. If I want my make up to last I will spray over my face Urban Decay All Nighter.

It is lightly scented which is a big bonus because I am not a fan of over fragranced products. I know I love this as I already want to purchase a back up one when my first bottle is only half way.

on 8/19/2015 8:04:00 PM

I really adore Fix Plus for a multitude of reasons but after learning MAC STILL tests on animals I don't think I'll be picking up another bottle once I go through this one. It frankly upsets me they do this; it's just not necessary and as an animal lover pisses me off! 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
But on to the review...
Fix Plus is a hydrating spray that can be used before makeup to moisturize the skin, after makeup to slightly set the face or take away any cake face, foil eye shadows for a super intense look, and more. I use it on my beauty blender, brushes. All the above! It's fantastic but for heavens sake MAC, QUIT TESTING YOUR PRODUCTS ON ANIMALS!!!! 👎🏻😑

on 8/18/2015 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

As an everyday person, I honestly didn't think I'd ever get that much use out of this product . However, Iv never multi used a product more. I use it under my foundation and primer to hydrate my skin. I use it as a setting spray to give my foundation a natural finish and help it last. I spray my eyeshadow brushes with it to improve eyeshadow pigment and even apply glitter or pigment. Very versatile.

on 8/14/2015 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly have no use for this product, BUT I have oily skin, so there is no way I would spray this straight into my face ever!! Also, I think it's over priced like why would you pay so much for basically just water? Another thing, many confuse this because this is NOT a setting spray or even a primer spray, it will not increase the longetivity of the foundation, but I do agree with the rest of the reviews it can refresh over powdered cakey face! Also this would be a good product to hydrate really dry skin before & after makeup application. I only got use of this for foiling eyeshadow and spraying my beauty blender to blend out cream contour easier, but other than that this will increase the oiliness on my face if I spray this as a "setting spray".

on 8/14/2015 12:17:00 AM

first, GREAT product, this was actually my final purchase before i found out MAC tests on animals, anyways onto the review...this gave me excellent finish after my makeup app but i did some research and the two MAIN ingredients in this product are glycerin and WATER... if you want to save yourself 20 bucks AND get the same result follow my recipe...

needed:

small spray bottle
pure glycerin you can get from a drug store, i got mine from walmart
water
castor oil (optional)
rose water (optional, for scent)

pour ¾ water, ¼ glycerine, 5-10 drop of rose water, 4-5 drop castor oil.

this was the PERFECT formula for ME, depending on how shiny, matte, or dewey you want your skin, you just modify the water to glycerine ratio. always better to start with half water and ¼ glycerine and add more water/glyrcerine as needed. i kid you ladies not, it worst just AS GREAT as fix plus if not better sometimes. i also like to keep mine in the fridge until I'm ready to use it because it makes it last longer, also the cold mist makes your skin look more firm when you spray it cold as it closes your pores and tightens your skin .it'll probably cost you $6 total for everything and you can make more when you run out! hope this helps!

on 8/11/2015 4:58:00 PM

This is expensive and I'm not in love with the packaging...BUT this is a holy grail product. I will repurchase this forever. It's the perfect finishing touch on a makeup look. It makes a powdery/cakey face turn flawless. It makes makeup look so natural and blended. Love this product

on 8/10/2015 11:39:00 PM

If u have dry flaky skin regardless of how well you moisturize & exfoliate and you drink plenty of water..this is a must!! Some how it makes the little flakes unnoticeable!!

on 8/7/2015 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is simply a necessity for every makeup bag. I spray this before I apply foundation to have a hydrated base and then after I've applied powder as it takes away the cakey/powdery look. It's perfect for creating a dewy finish also. LOVE. It is also amazing on a hot day as it really stops you sweating as it's such a cooling must.