MAC Fix+

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

on 5/22/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- adds moisture
- takes away powdery look
- enhances eye shadow
- can use before or after makeup application

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: Being that I'm not as oily as I use to be, this stuff is amazing. Even if you are oily, you can use this. It adds hydration, but only makes you dewy if you use a lot. I've used glycerin and water as a finishing spray and that only broke down my makeup during the day and made me oily. This, however is different. It just gives such a beautiful finish to your makeup. It helps product melt into your skin as opposed to sitting on top of it. You can use it to enchance eye shadow, but the glycerin/water mixture I use works perfectly fine for that. Love the bottle it comes in, it sprays evenly and I like the scent too.

Will repurchase.

on 5/19/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Fix+ is great for those who have dry skin as it adds moisture to the skin before or after makeup application. It also makes your makeup settle well and not look powdery or cakey. It also claims to help your makeup stay on for longer. However, as someone with oily skin, I find it to be an unnecessary product as it doesn't do much for me at all. It smells nice, isn't at all sticky or heavy and can be quite refreshing as a facial mist. It isn't something I rely on or use an awful lot, and I don't see the point in spending money on it in the future. That's not to say it won't work for you.

on 5/19/2015 1:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

MAC Fix+ is a setting spray that contains vitamins and minerals so its kind to your skin, it also claims to set your makeup and help it last longer, for the life of me I cannot find out how it actually does this, but I’m going on the theory that it keeps the makeup hydrated and so stops it wearing off (like moisturising after your fake tan to make it last longer)

It's also a bit of a multitasker, you can use it before you apply makeup (almost like a primer) to hydrate the skin and you can spritz it on after you’ve applied to set it, this is amazing if you use setting powder/ bronzer because it stops the skin looking cakey or too dry, it just gives you a nice slightly dewy look back without making you look oily. Another use for this is to intensify eye shadows, just spray some on your brush before picking up the colour, it makes the pigment appear stronger and adheres better to the skin.

Overall this is a lovely spray that invigorates and freshens your face, with our without makeup. The packaging is fab too; the bottle is plastic but doesn’t look cheap and the spray has an ‘on/off’ twist setting so you can throw it in your bag and not worry about it spraying everywhere. The box it comes in is delightfully sparkly, and it’s a bloody good size: 100ml for £15.50.

*TIP If your eyes are looking a bit cakey after applying concealer and powder spritz Fix+ onto a fan brush and lightly sweep it under the eyes, also when spraying your face hold the bottle at least 30cm away or you’ll end up with rain drop like splashes, never a good look!
Xx

Love love love! Use this every day and will continue to use and purchase 1,000 more times. It leaves skin looking flawless and lasts all day. I also use it on foundation brushes to blend in foundation and eyeshadow brushes to pick up more color. Recommend this product to everyone and anyone! By far the best setting spray there is.

on 5/6/2015 11:17:00 AM

Love love love love love this product. I'm on my fourth bottle already and I'll continue purchasing it. This is such an unique spray and I don't think there's any other sprays in the market that's similar to this one. Its multifunctional, so in that sense, I think the price is reasonable though it is definitely a more pricey spray.
I use the Fix+ for several purposes. First, I use this when I wanna intensify my eye shadow colors. I'll either spray Fix+ before or after I dip my brush into the shadow. Doing so also helps the eye color to stay on the lid for a longer time, which is awesome. Next, I use this to blend out my cream products, particularly cream contour sticks. Tati made a youtube vid on this (

) and this is how I've been contouring for my glam looks or whenever I have enough time to do this. I also use this after I've finished my makeup, and it works for both matte and dewy looks. It doesn't really act as a setting spray, but it prevents the face from looking caky and flat, which is really cool. It's especially useful if you love matte finishes since matte finishes can easily make the face look flat and caky, but somehow Fix+ just keeps those two disasters from happening and you can see the differences immediately after you've sprayed your face.

on 5/4/2015 10:27:00 AM

I had been meaning to review this incredible product. I bought this one instead of the mineralize charged water because I thought this would be better for my oily skin. I am really happy with my choice. I use this for all sorts of things, but I do not spray it on my face after I finish my makeup. I spray it on my beautyblender for added hydration when applying my foundation, or to sheer out a blush that is too dark or too intense, I use it to intensify eye shadows as liners, and I use it to intensify shadows that are aren't opaque enough.

on 5/3/2015 5:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of those products that stuck by you and consistantly use. Im the kind of person that changes products often or fall out of using and this product has been used since i ever purchased and i will tell you why.

I use it to prime my face so makeup feels nicer when applied, i use it to take away powder cake face look and to moisturise my skin for makeup. And the differenence between this and water or those spray bottle is that when you spray it on top of makeup it doesnt sit there or 'ruin' your makeup (eg break down your makeup like some spray can do to the foundation like it kind of takes some off in a bad way if you know what i mean) this spray mixes into your makeup making it dewy and more moistured.

it has been saved my look many times when i had the grosses looking foundation like dry cakey foundation or just too heavy looking. And i spray this and it looks more like skin! I heard its great for wetting eyeshadow which i dont really do so i cant speak for that. But also another different between this and water/facial spray is that when you spray it on your face it doesnt look refreshed and dewy and when it dries the results disappear too.

This will change your makeup even when it dries up! But for prolonging makeup im not sure about that so its a settingspray as in changing texture and fixing it but doesnt set makeup though so i just use a realy nice primer instead.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product. Although I love the matte finish, I tend to look powdery - which I hate. When I use fix+ after powdering it looks perfect as the finish is still matte, but no longer flat and cakey. The formula gives a luminosity to my skin and gives nutrients and vitamins at the same time. I use this all the time even when I'm not wearing makeup just to refresh my skin, and also to prime my skin before putting on a mortifying primer. I find the primer locks in the goodness of this formula and creates a barrier to stop me breaking out which is common when I use pore-filling primers. Overall I love the effect, a bit pricey - but it lasts so long that it's worth it, love the versatile nature of this product and would definitely purchase again!

on 4/29/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

LOVE Fix +.. I have been buying this stuff for years. When I first started using it I wasn't that impressed by it and it never got much use but my skin was completely different back then and I didn't really need it (oily). In the past few years my skin has completely changed and now it's more on the dry side so Fix + has been such a necessity for me this past winter especially in New England! I use this every single day- I spray it on my foundation brush before buffing in my foundation to give my face a dewy look and I spray over my entire face after my makeup is done. Spraying it all over helps to get rid of that obvious "makeup look" that dry skin can accentuate. It gives your face a fresh, dewy, finished look. For oily skin it's not a bad product but I would say it's probably not worth it. As long as my skin is dry this is definitely one of those products I will always have stocked on my vanity!

on 4/26/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I loved this stuff but I think it was irritating my skin a bit. I only use this once in a blue moon. I gave it to my mom who has perfect skin and she's in love with it.

Popular Face Skincare Products