This product makes your skin look amazing after foundation because it takes away all of the cakeiness left after powdering. I didn't keep my makeup on for that long (but longer than if i didn't use it) but it made my skin look so dewy and fresh. I loved it, but after about 2 days it broke me out :( so i can't use it anymore. If you have skin that doesn't break out easily though, i would definitely recommend it.
Obsessed! That is the word that I have for this product. I purchased this a while ago and it has become a staple to my makeup routine. I use it before I apply makeup to freshen my face and make it look more awake, it helps my primer and foundation apply easier to my skin. I also use it after I have applied all my makeup to give me a dewy effect, which is my go to look at the moment. I also use it on my brushes before I apply eyeshadows or loose pigments, it makes the shadows so vibrant and really brings out its true colour. The price is great for me, as I live in Australia and cosmetics are quite expensive, I was surprised by the price. I will be purchasing this again and be experimenting and trying new ways to use it. For more beauty and fashion advice go to dulcelissa.com
This is a fantastic multi-use product! I spray it on my face before applying makeup, I mix my long wear foundations (Revlon Colorstay, Estee Lauder Double Wear) with it to make it easier to blend and I use it to set my makeup. I've read that it can be put in the fridge and used as a cooling spray, the weather isn't warm enough here in the UK for that yet, but I can't wait to find yet another use my fix+! Although it is by no means cheap, it is one of those products that if you get along with it, like the smell and find many uses for it, you'll find its well worth the money!
I have tried this product several times since I've purchased it. I love the way it makes my skin feel. I really do believe it refreshens my face. I like that on the top of the bottle you have the option to lock the pump so it doesn't leak on anything when you travel with it. I also think that the spray comes out in a nice even mist- it's not like a stream of liquid. It comes out in a perfect even mist that covers your entire face with every spray. I have found that I prefer to use Fix+ after I have finished all of my makeup to diminish the look of any excess powder that may have been left behind.
Even though I do like this product, there is one thing that makes me wonder... Since this product is pretty much water, would I get the same result if I simply filled the bottle up with filtered water? I don't know. Maybe I'll give it a shot one day and let you know. I know cucumber and caffeine are good for your skin but does it make that much of a difference? I am not sure, I will re-post and update my findings!
Moving on, I wanted to make a list and give you a few ways I like to use Fix+ all of which work extremely well! :
1. Refreshen your face before applying makeup. Or you can use it to simply refreshen your face throughout the day (especially since summer's coming!) I love the feeling of the cool mist on my face. Who doesnt love that?
2. Sprits your face after you have finished applying all of your makeup. Sometimes after makeup application, you may notice you seem a little powdery. To blend your makeup into your skin for a more natural look, spray this evenly over your entire face and allow it to sit to dry for a few seconds. This allows the makeup to set into your skin and not sit on top of it.
3. Use Fix+ as a mixing medium to help put on loose pigments. Spray your eyeshadow brush with Fix+ (make sure your brush is damp, not drenched) and gently pick up pigment. Tap off any excess pigment and pat on your lid to apply. Using this method also helps the pigment stay on longer because the Fix+ acts a bonding agent.
4. Make baked eyeshadows more vibrant. Like with the pigment, spray your eyeshadow brush with Fix+, dip your brush into the baked eyeshadow, and pat on lid. Typically, baked eyeshadows don't have a lot of color payoff when they are used dry so spraying your brush with Fix+ really transforms your baked eyeshadows into colors that are really vibrant and beautiful with amazing payoff.
5. Use Fix+ to dilute concealer or foundation. If you have a concealer that is one the thicker side or may be harder to apply, give a quick spray to the concealer to make it easier to work with. Or if you have a thicker/more full coverage foundation and want to sheer it out a little for summer, mix foundation and a spray of Fix+ on the back of your hand or in a small dish and apply. *Another Tip: If you have a fast drying foundation that doesn't give you a lot of application time, try using Fix+ to give you a little more time to perfect your liquid foundation.
6. You can also use Fix+ to help slightly thin out thicker, creamier products. Try using it with a gel eyeliner. It makes application easier because it glides on smoother. It kind of turns it into a gel/liquid consistency.
Anyway. try any of the above, and see what kind of results you get! I absolutley adore this product and LOVE that its so multi demensional and can be used in more ways than one... it makes me feel less guilty when spending a good amount of money on a product!
I love the mac fix! Cant do my makeup without it..
it refreshes my face and makes my makeup look flawless
I have been looking for a makeup setting spray that made me look dewey, and didn't suck up all the oil. Besides having a fantastic fragrace, it is intensly hydrating.
I sprayed this on my beauty blender and applied foundation, and then sprayed my face twice after everything was applied. You do not need to keep re-applying this, it sets makeup beautifully and I really feel like I have a nice springtime glow.
The price is "ok", but I am a MAC pro, so i got a 40% discount on this.
I will def. purchase again. As a professional MUA, I will use this on clients that have drier skin, but still want their makeup to set.
I wanted to try this product for a while so I was really excited when I got it. I have a pretty oily t zone but find that I look really cakey even with a light coat of powder. I use this after I finish my makeup and can feel my skin hydrating immediately. When I look in the mirror I can see that dewy, healthy glow on my skin. As the time passes I can see a little bit of oiliness in my t zone but nothing that a blotting rice paper can't fix. Overall I really really like it and I'm pleased with the results but not that much with the price. For all the people that think that it's the same as using water, its not. You can feel the difference once its in your face. I am probably going to try another setting spray but will also repurchase this as a back up in case the other one doesn't work out.
I haved mixed feelings about Fix + by mac. On one hand it has a really nice scent that isn't overpowering and makes your skin feel fresh, however I don't think it did a very good job of setting my makeup. I also tried using it on my brush when applying eyeshadow but I don't think it made more of a difference then using water would have. It is the first setting spray I have used so until I try others I can't compare it's quality! Who knows maybe it could be the best around!
I realllllly wanted to like this product. The first day I used it I LOVED it. Next day I woke up and had a rash. It burned really bad and even had to stay home from school and go to the dermatologist. My face isn't sensitive, I've never even had a pimple. (Yes it's true.) Maybe it was just my skin, but this definitley not a repurchase.
I have really dry skin. And during cold winters, dry patches are a huge problem for me. My friend recommended Fix+ so I bought it on a whim. It's been great for my skin. But a couple of tips to guarantee satisfaction.
1. Do not spray too close to your face. It will ruin your makeup.
2. Do not touch your face while it's still wet from the spray.
3. Do not spray more than 4-5 times or else you'll look really oily.
I like to spray this before my moisturizer & after my face makeup application.
This product could be your best friend as long as you know how to use it.