December 20, 2014 | 1563 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by RS13

This is a really good setting spray. It keeps my make up in place and last all day. Without making my make up go all over the place. It's a bit pricey but I do use a little more than were suppose too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is something I wasn't sure about for months on end, I loved it for a week, forgot about it the next. UNTIL I started using a full coverage foundation, the foundation looked on the cakey side even with my oily skin and no number of primers/moisturizers I used it still felt soo cakey.

So here's my trick, I spray it all over my buffing brush before I go in to blend all my foundation out on my skin and it just makes my foundation feel so sheer but still keeps it's amazing coverage (Kat Von D-Lock It Tattoo Foundation) then I go in with powders and what not and give my face a nice spritz at the end to just help everything on my face melt together and into my skin, it gives it such a glowy look without look "oily".

It also is so amazing for pigments or just to make your eyeshadow 'pop'. And these are only some uses, I could write a book on what you could use this stuff for.

I picked mine up for $26.00 Canadian (SUCH A GOOD DEAL) and you get 100mL, that's a TON of product. Also the smell is so nice and calming, almost a floral smell but not over powering or to noticeable. Will keep buying bottles and bottles of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the last step in my makeup routine. Spray it all over the face and then let it dry. It makes my makeup appear less cakey or powdery. Not sure about 'dewy" but it definitely gives a more natural finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Circumambient

I really like this stuff. I spray it on my face before I apply my make up. I spray it on my foundation brush before applying. I spray it on my eyeshadow brushes to make my eyeshadow more bright. Also my blush brush. I set my make up with it. It gives you a nice dewy glow. It's just amazing. It has multiple uses. My skin really drinks this stuff up. It's especially good for those who lean more on the dry side or for those who get really dry during the cold seasons. It's packed with tons of vitamins and minerals, it has antioxidants in it... It keeps my make up from looking and feeling really cakey and makes it last. (just don't overdo it when you spray or it will have the opposite effect)Ugh it's just amazing. And I do love the smell also. It's very fresh... It's just overall refreshing on my skin. I definitely recommend it if you are looking to refresh, rehydrate, or play with your make up a little bit.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by zbilxo

MUST HAVE PRODUCT!!!! I work @ MAC & this is by far my favorite product we carry. I basically shower my face with this stuff before I go in with moisturizer and then primer/foundation. I use it during my makeup routine to make my shadows more vibrant, and after my routine to set everything & give my skin a dewy glow. Ugh. I just can't get enough of this. I go through my Fix+ like craaaaaazy. Everybody needs this in their life.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by saranavhai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My make-up routine would not be complete without Fix+. I love how it makes my skin glow and settle down the powder (Mac Blot powder). No more caked up look, it lasts the whole day. Due to having a combination skin I do get a little shine around my nose by the afternoon, but nothing a sheet of oil blotting paper cannot fix. I'm not sure how well it works in terms of making make-up last longer, I don't apply much on my face anyway, just a BB cream (L'Oreal Nude Magique) and the Mac powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyDay2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this products for so many reasons.

Ofcourse, as a face spray I love this for spraying on my face after I've done my makeup. It takes away the powdery makeup face look which is the main reason I love this product. It gives a very nice glow to my face. I have also tried UD the allnighter but I'm not really impressed with the way it leaves my face looking. Mac fix + does.It can be a little too much of a glow if you spray too much of it on though.

I feel like my makeup sits more perfectly though I don't think it will add more hours to the life of your makeup because my face gets a little greasier if I wear this. How I also like to use this I spray some on my beautyblender and press it onto my foundation to giveme a glow.

I also use this if I want to apply my eyeshadow wet. I just pack on some of the color with my brush and than spritz 1 spray of this on it. I like this more than using water in fact because this consistency is a little bit thicker. You can also use this to makeup colored eyeshadows but I've never tried that so I wouldnt know.

I've had a problem with the packaging though, my second bottle kept leaking if I traveled with it. I let it sit in my makeupbag for too long before I noticed it was leaking and like half of the bottle was empty.

Lastly, I just LOVE the smell!! I have bought again and will buy again definitely

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To spray this on powder foundation like Studio Fix gives such a nice result! However I find the mist is not really fine and I have to spray several timesso to get moisture all over the face. and sometimes I get the face a bit to moist.. :
I tried to use Avène mineral water instead and because the mist is so light I prefered that one. The feeling is not so refreshing but to achieve the same makeup result I prefer Avène.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Huh? What does this stuff actually do anyway? It doesn't make my makeup last any longer - matter of fact I feel like when using this my foundation fades quicker and that it "muddy's up" any contour and bronzer. I guess it does fix an over-powdered face by way of making it look less powdery. HOWEVER, so does my Caudalie Grape Water Spray, La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water Spray, and Evian Mineral water spray, AND all 3 are cheaper than Mac Fix+. AND they don't leave my face sticky in the way Fix+ does.

OK so reading the ingredients of Mac Fix + there does appear to be some pretty good stuff here.. Yet its a waste because none of it will penetrate my foundation. Wow, this stuff honestly is kind of a joke. Unfortunately though that joke is on me, or rather, my wallet.

I dunno. I really do feel like this is way overhyped. Honestly the only thing I like about this product is the sprayer nozzle - it gives a finer mist than my other water sprays mentioned above. So basically I just paid 22 bucks for a spray bottle that I am going to end up using with plain water in it LOL.

Don't fall for the hype people! And if you must just get a travel size first which I believe is $10.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by 30betterthan20

In theory this product should set your makeup so it lasts longer. This was the purpose for which I purchased it. After multiple tries, I haven't noticed any prolongation of the makeup hold considering I have combination skin. However, I am not dissapointed, as I found other benefits I get from using this product:
1.When you want to give a more natural finish to your face: I just spray it on after applying the foundation and setting powder and I really like the result
2. Instant refreshing during hot summer days
These and the fact that it lasts you a really long time, makes me give it 4 stars.