MAC Fix+

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

on 6/29/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've repurhased this twice now. This product is so multi-purpose. I use it every time I wear makeup because it makes foundations and powders look more natural.

1) Sometimes I spray this on a foundation brush to make foundation application smoother.

2) I often spray this after foundation and powder to make it look less cakey. This is a godsend for really acne prone skin days where I need to put on a little extra powder and foundation.

3) I like this for refreshing my makeup after it's been on for a while. Usually I just blot excess powder off and then I spray this on my face. Sometimes when I'm in extremely hot weather I have to blot, reapply powder, and then spray fix +. I usually carry this around for my long work days.

4) I've used this for foiling eyeshadows. This makes the shadow stand out more and slicker and easier to use.

This is the ultimate multi-tasking product and I don't care if it's deemed "glorified water" by many. Unlike water, fix + has a way of refreshing my makeup without affecting the application. If you sprayed water directly into your face, it would remove some of the foundation coverage and smudge your eye makeup. Fix + plus has never done this and has so many uses, so I will continue to repurchase the "glorified water." Absolutely HG.

on 6/24/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I always have this and buy backups, its great for taking of that powdery look when you've went too heavy handed with podwer

on 6/7/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I originally was fond of Fix when I started my makeup adventures a year ago but as of late, I noticed it does nothing for my skin. It only makes it more damp (I have combination skin, maybe that's why?). I don't think it's worth the price however if you have dry skin, this might be the item for you!

on 6/4/2015 10:59:00 PM

I spray it first & apply makeup, then I reapply all over. It gives a soft dewy feeling & appearance. It creates a whole new look. Liking it so far:)

on 6/3/2015 11:48:00 PM

Ok... huge fan. Not so much for setting makeup but for applying and blending my chanel liquid products. It helps s little go a long way and blends beautifully. It is also fabulous for mid day touch ups. I carry a travel size in my purse! I use it every day. I'm only halfway through the bottle and I've had it for six months!

on 5/22/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- adds moisture
- takes away powdery look
- enhances eye shadow
- can use before or after makeup application

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: Being that I'm not as oily as I use to be, this stuff is amazing. Even if you are oily, you can use this. It adds hydration, but only makes you dewy if you use a lot. I've used glycerin and water as a finishing spray and that only broke down my makeup during the day and made me oily. This, however is different. It just gives such a beautiful finish to your makeup. It helps product melt into your skin as opposed to sitting on top of it. You can use it to enhance eye shadow, but the glycerin/water mixture I use works perfectly fine for that. Love the bottle it comes in, it sprays evenly and I like the scent too.

Will repurchase.

on 5/19/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Fix+ is great for those who have dry skin as it adds moisture to the skin before or after makeup application. It also makes your makeup settle well and not look powdery or cakey. It also claims to help your makeup stay on for longer. However, as someone with oily skin, I find it to be an unnecessary product as it doesn't do much for me at all. It smells nice, isn't at all sticky or heavy and can be quite refreshing as a facial mist. It isn't something I rely on or use an awful lot, and I don't see the point in spending money on it in the future. That's not to say it won't work for you.

on 5/19/2015 1:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

MAC Fix+ is a setting spray that contains vitamins and minerals so its kind to your skin, it also claims to set your makeup and help it last longer, for the life of me I cannot find out how it actually does this, but I’m going on the theory that it keeps the makeup hydrated and so stops it wearing off (like moisturising after your fake tan to make it last longer)

It's also a bit of a multitasker, you can use it before you apply makeup (almost like a primer) to hydrate the skin and you can spritz it on after you’ve applied to set it, this is amazing if you use setting powder/ bronzer because it stops the skin looking cakey or too dry, it just gives you a nice slightly dewy look back without making you look oily. Another use for this is to intensify eye shadows, just spray some on your brush before picking up the colour, it makes the pigment appear stronger and adheres better to the skin.

Overall this is a lovely spray that invigorates and freshens your face, with our without makeup. The packaging is fab too; the bottle is plastic but doesn’t look cheap and the spray has an ‘on/off’ twist setting so you can throw it in your bag and not worry about it spraying everywhere. The box it comes in is delightfully sparkly, and it’s a bloody good size: 100ml for £15.50.

*TIP If your eyes are looking a bit cakey after applying concealer and powder spritz Fix+ onto a fan brush and lightly sweep it under the eyes, also when spraying your face hold the bottle at least 30cm away or you’ll end up with rain drop like splashes, never a good look!
Xx

Love love love! Use this every day and will continue to use and purchase 1,000 more times. It leaves skin looking flawless and lasts all day. I also use it on foundation brushes to blend in foundation and eyeshadow brushes to pick up more color. Recommend this product to everyone and anyone! By far the best setting spray there is.

on 5/6/2015 11:17:00 AM

Love love love love love this product. I'm on my fourth bottle already and I'll continue purchasing it. This is such an unique spray and I don't think there's any other sprays in the market that's similar to this one. Its multifunctional, so in that sense, I think the price is reasonable though it is definitely a more pricey spray.
I use the Fix+ for several purposes. First, I use this when I wanna intensify my eye shadow colors. I'll either spray Fix+ before or after I dip my brush into the shadow. Doing so also helps the eye color to stay on the lid for a longer time, which is awesome. Next, I use this to blend out my cream products, particularly cream contour sticks. Tati made a youtube vid on this (

) and this is how I've been contouring for my glam looks or whenever I have enough time to do this. I also use this after I've finished my makeup, and it works for both matte and dewy looks. It doesn't really act as a setting spray, but it prevents the face from looking caky and flat, which is really cool. It's especially useful if you love matte finishes since matte finishes can easily make the face look flat and caky, but somehow Fix+ just keeps those two disasters from happening and you can see the differences immediately after you've sprayed your face.

Popular Face Skincare Products