November 23, 2014 | 1919 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by zbilxo

MUST HAVE PRODUCT!!!! I work @ MAC & this is by far my favorite product we carry. I basically shower my face with this stuff before I go in with moisturizer and then primer/foundation. I use it during my makeup routine to make my shadows more vibrant, and after my routine to set everything & give my skin a dewy glow. Ugh. I just can't get enough of this. I go through my Fix+ like craaaaaazy. Everybody needs this in their life.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by saranavhai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My make-up routine would not be complete without Fix+. I love how it makes my skin glow and settle down the powder (Mac Blot powder). No more caked up look, it lasts the whole day. Due to having a combination skin I do get a little shine around my nose by the afternoon, but nothing a sheet of oil blotting paper cannot fix. I'm not sure how well it works in terms of making make-up last longer, I don't apply much on my face anyway, just a BB cream (L'Oreal Nude Magique) and the Mac powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyDay2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this products for so many reasons.

Ofcourse, as a face spray I love this for spraying on my face after I've done my makeup. It takes away the powdery makeup face look which is the main reason I love this product. It gives a very nice glow to my face. I have also tried UD the allnighter but I'm not really impressed with the way it leaves my face looking. Mac fix + does.It can be a little too much of a glow if you spray too much of it on though.

I feel like my makeup sits more perfectly though I don't think it will add more hours to the life of your makeup because my face gets a little greasier if I wear this. How I also like to use this I spray some on my beautyblender and press it onto my foundation to giveme a glow.

I also use this if I want to apply my eyeshadow wet. I just pack on some of the color with my brush and than spritz 1 spray of this on it. I like this more than using water in fact because this consistency is a little bit thicker. You can also use this to makeup colored eyeshadows but I've never tried that so I wouldnt know.

I've had a problem with the packaging though, my second bottle kept leaking if I traveled with it. I let it sit in my makeupbag for too long before I noticed it was leaking and like half of the bottle was empty.

Lastly, I just LOVE the smell!! I have bought again and will buy again definitely

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To spray this on powder foundation like Studio Fix gives such a nice result! However I find the mist is not really fine and I have to spray several timesso to get moisture all over the face. and sometimes I get the face a bit to moist.. :
I tried to use Avène mineral water instead and because the mist is so light I prefered that one. The feeling is not so refreshing but to achieve the same makeup result I prefer Avène.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Huh? What does this stuff actually do anyway? It doesn't make my makeup last any longer - matter of fact I feel like when using this my foundation fades quicker and that it "muddy's up" any contour and bronzer. I guess it does fix an over-powdered face by way of making it look less powdery. HOWEVER, so does my Caudalie Grape Water Spray, La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water Spray, and Evian Mineral water spray, AND all 3 are cheaper than Mac Fix+. AND they don't leave my face sticky in the way Fix+ does.

OK so reading the ingredients of Mac Fix + there does appear to be some pretty good stuff here.. Yet its a waste because none of it will penetrate my foundation. Wow, this stuff honestly is kind of a joke. Unfortunately though that joke is on me, or rather, my wallet.

I dunno. I really do feel like this is way overhyped. Honestly the only thing I like about this product is the sprayer nozzle - it gives a finer mist than my other water sprays mentioned above. So basically I just paid 22 bucks for a spray bottle that I am going to end up using with plain water in it LOL.

Don't fall for the hype people! And if you must just get a travel size first which I believe is $10.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by 30betterthan20

In theory this product should set your makeup so it lasts longer. This was the purpose for which I purchased it. After multiple tries, I haven't noticed any prolongation of the makeup hold considering I have combination skin. However, I am not dissapointed, as I found other benefits I get from using this product:
1.When you want to give a more natural finish to your face: I just spray it on after applying the foundation and setting powder and I really like the result
2. Instant refreshing during hot summer days
These and the fact that it lasts you a really long time, makes me give it 4 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I actually quite like this. It can be used before you apply your foundation & after as well. If you tend to overpowder in bad lighting, this is your new lover. It gets rid of that powdery look instantly. However, I use MAC face and body foundation and never have an issue with looking too powdery. I use this to make my foundation mixed with blush look glowy since "pinch me" by Mac is matte. It just makes you look fresh and beautiful with glowy skin. I get so many compliments wearing this. People are always telling me I look fresh faced. Mac f&b is super long lasting on me, and this spray does not make it slip or slide off my face at all. I don't really know if it sets it but I just took my makeup off and it's been 15 hours since I applied my makeup and it still looked really good. So maybe it does set it after all but I don't use it for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Kiruby82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this product for the fourth time in 4 years. I don't use it everyday.
I like the smell of it, although it's a little bit synthetic-ish but I think it's nice.
I really like the packaging and it's very travel friendly. I do notice that it reduces the powdery look on my face after applying it on top of my foundation/powder and it even gives a soft glow to my skin. But you have to be careful because, at least in my own personal experience, if you apply extra product it can feel a little sticky... tacky on your face and that is not really pleasant at all. A little goes a long way. I wonder how would it work if you put it in the fridge, probably super refreshing. I have to try that.

I think this product is alright. Nothing amazing, but something good. It makes a little difference. It does NOT help to prolong the staying power of your makeup, as some people think.
It's a refreshing water and subtle skin glow in a bottle. I have to add that the mist that comes out of it, it's quite fine and that is something that I love about it. Not big droplets

Do I recommend it? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by FancyMeBrit

I absolutely love this product! I don't wear foundation or my BB creme 24/7 but I do my brows the most and when I saw those baby stay in place! It gives your makeup and overall nice finish period!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

This just made my skin look fake and I would rather look a little powdery than like a manequin. I do like it for spraying on brushes though just because it lets out such a light mist.