October 30, 2014 | 1153 users online

Lip Treatments - Paula's Choice - Exfoliating Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by crystal01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on clearance and I like it, It's not like a regular srub like apricot or anything abrasive but I noticed that after using this my lipstick/lipgloss look better when i apply it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 7:53:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Doesn't work on me at all. Disappointed. Good thing it's discontinued!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2006 4:43:00 PM More reviews by salmac

At first, I didn't really like this product and thought it would just stay stashed in the back of my medicine cabinet. It's a thick, white paste that you spread on your lips and then rub off with your fingers. It has a chalky consistency and it gets fairly messy when removing. But here's what happened: I love using lip stains for their staying power but if my lips aren't perfectly moist and smooth, the stains get blotchy and look horrible - this happens to me a lot since I tend to have dry lips. I was trying a new Vincent Longo stain and it was so blotchy that I looked horrible. It wasn't the stain's fault, in fact the stain was so great that I couldn't get it off! I didn't want people to see me that way so it was Paula's Choice Exfoliating Treatment to the rescue - it was the only thing that could remove the stain! So, the moral of the story for me is that I use this product only for lip stain goofs and as an occasional exfoliator. I don't use it on a regular basis otherwise.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2005 5:22:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What is this stuff and what is it's purpose?

Totally waxy and pointless.

Will stick to Chanel Lip Cure and PTR Buffing Beads or MK lip mask

YUCK

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Xepera

Waxy and worthless
product! An other real disappointment from PC!! After shipping and handling
this becomes a very expensive worthless product!! I use a lip balm and rub off
the dead skin off my lips with a tissue and get better result at a cheaper price,
this product is the worst I ever bought! it's expensive garbage!!!!. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2003 3:08:00 PM More reviews by kmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! After a bad experience with Perricone lip plumper this got my poor,dried out lips back into great shape after just a couple of uses. The tub packaging is great-no spills or mess-and you only need to apply such a tiny amount I bet this will last forever! I will,eventually,be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2003 4:46:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I love using this much to my boyfriend's horror "Why are you RUBBING off your lips?!?!" ;) I take a teeny bit and spread it on my lips while I wash the rest of my face. Then I gently rub it off.. and yes, it's a bit scary seeing bits of 'stuff' come off, but it leaves my lips feeling baby smooth. I apply the Lip & Body Balm afterwards and it seals in the moisture and keeps my lips soft and supple. Thumbs up!

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2003 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Metaphora

I am not sure about the reformulation. I purchased a jar after it had been reformulated. It still dried out and became unusable in just a few months. Perhaps I was sent the original product instead of the newer one. In any case, this exfoliator works nicely when it's brand new. I only managed to get one use out of it though (I don't need lip exfoliation very often). The rest had to be tossed. Waste of money unless Paula repackages it so it won't dry out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2003 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Trakat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent lip exfoliator. I just wish I could find a holy grail moisturizer to use after the exfoliation--because you definitely need one. It removes dry skin you didn't even know you had! It's slightly abrasive for severely dry/cracked lips (the kind you get from Accutane), but a great choice for periodic exfoliation for mildly dry lips. My only real complaint about this product is the packaging. Leave the lid slighly ajar or loose, and your left with an unusable, dried up brick. Be sure to tighten that lid!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2003 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Cheapchic

This is a godsend for those of us who constantly suffer from chapped or dry lips. Putting a vaseline like product on dry lips is just not enough because the flakies are still there. But this product makes them go AWAY. I put enough to cover my lips, and wait about 30 seconds. Then I scrub away the product, brushing away the eraser shavings! Voila, instant exfoliation giving me the lips that I knew I had. Go buy this, there is no substitute.