October 1, 2014 | 1693 users online

Concealers - Shiseido - The Makeup Color Control Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This color control stick is amazing! I have very pale skin and often struggle to find a foundation light enough. The vast majority of the time I just make do with "close enough" ... Which means a foundation color that is slightly too dark, but close enough.

So I went to check out Shiseido's The Makeup Stick Foundation (spf15), as well as the Shiseido Sun Protection Stick Foundation (spf37), and ALL of the colors for BOTH stick foundations were too dark. Then I noticed this pale white color control stick. I had an idea ..... I mixed a little of the Color Control stick with a little of the lightest color Sun Protection Stick foundation (Fair Ivory 01) ..... And the resulting color was perfect! This Color Control stick can be used to lighten any foundation- a little or a lot - whatever you want - customized to your perfect skin color. Yay! Finally! I am so siked!

I bought both Sticks (Color Control Stick and Sun Protection Stick Foundation in Fair Ivory) and I coudn't be more happy! Also ..... I have small areas of redness on both sides of my nose, and I apply a little extra of this Color Control stick on those areas, and it neutralizes them very nicely! 5 lippies!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by catsaregrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As part of a new face routine, I've been using this over my primer but under my foundation as I have oily, red skin so need products to deal with both. It doesn't hide all my redness but it's a lot better than just putting my foundation straight on, and it means I use less. It's creamy and very easy to blend in and doesn't leave a green tinge on my face. I wish it covered more redness but I will repurchase anyway as it is a quick and easy cover which saves me putting too much foundation on my face

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by injectlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by lucreziad

I use this stick over my primer to hide any redness before I apply foundation. I've also used it without primer, but I find it doesn't blend very well without some sort of satin/smooth primer underneath it. This little stick is also great for days when you don't feel like wearing any foundation either. I usually apply some light moisturizer, primer and then I use the stick over red areas. A dab of cream blush or some pink lipstick on the cheeks and voila!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMarie077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does exactly as it promises - evens out skin tone very very well. I think the fairer your skin is, the better this product works, I have very fair skin and I couldn't be happier with the coverage. The 4 star rating is due to the fact that I HAVE TO USE A PRIMER!! The product works 101% better if a foundation primer is used!

I will buy this product again, since any sign of redness shows up like a neon sign on my porcelain complexion ~

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 5:01:00 AM More reviews by ozzyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very impressed with this! I've had acne for over 15 years now and every time I have a break out, I am left with a dark scar. I have scars all over my face from acne and they make my face look red and very uneven. Well, I saw the reviews for this little stick on here and decided to try it when I went to the mall the other day. At first, I thought it looked too white on my olive skin but after walking around in the mall for a bit, the white mask went away and my skin looked so much more even. It even made my pores look less noticeable. My sister and I both ended up buying this stick. I used today when I went out with friends and I must say my face looks so much better with this one. I will surely buy more when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

Ive used this for over 2 weeks now and can say it does not break out my sensitive clog prone skin. I have tried green primers before and did not like them. I saw a video an MUAer posted where she used this product and it was like magic, so I decided to go for it. I am so happy I bought this. I have red spots from acne scars, and some pigmentation issues from sun. This stuff goes on creamy, not dry, and blends easily. When I put my foundation over it, it is the perfect addition to foundation because my skin looks clear. I like the result a lot better than what I was getting using BB concealor. Its expensive but I hope it will last a long time so I can continue to repurchase without feeling robbed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very cool product. It does a fine job of neutralizing any ruddiness and red marks and serves as a nice base for my tinted moisturizer or foundation. I also love the chic, futuristic packaging. It's very beautiful and has a heft to it befitting of a luxury product at this price point. This is my first Shiseido product and has me eager to explore their other offerings.

Edit: I'm bumping my rating up to 5. I have truly terrible skin, and this stuff covers a multitude of sins. I've been wearing it under a mix of MAC Studio Sculpt and Tarte Smooth Operator, and it gives my skin a translucent look it hasn't had in all the years since I developed adult acne.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

This little stick is my new best friend.
Basically, the Color Control Stick is a light green/yellow version of Shiseido's Stick Foundation. It's a creme-to-powder type formula, very silky-soft on the skin, and easy to use.
This contains "multi-nutrient factor" (moisturizing) and "prismatic powder" (light reflecting) ingredients.

I use this product by drawing a few lines on my face (across my forehead, a couple lines on my cheeks, a bit on my nose, a bit on my chin) and then blending it in with my fingers. I use this before foundation and concealer. Personally, I think it's wrong to call this a concealer, because this isn't really a product that's heavy enough to cover anything all on its own. Rather, what this does do, is "tone down" any redness or uneven coloration in the skin, so that when you put your foundation on, you don't see the same redness or unevenness showing through.

I have naturally very rosy cheeks, some broken capillaries (around my nose), red marks left over from former blemishes, and usually a few small breakouts. I don't like to wear extremely heavy or "full coverage" foundation, which is what it would take for me to have a "flawless" canvas. Using the Color Control Stick, I can wear a tinted moisturizer or light coverage foundation, and I still see a bit of rosy cheeks, and I can detect where red marks might have been ... but it's all much more toned down, and, though not invisible, no longer noticeable at all. Unless I am actively having a breakout, or I want a perfectly flawless canvas, I don't typically feel the need for any additional concealer when I use this plus a light foundation or tinted moisturizer.
I am very pale (MAC NC15(ish) usually the lightest shade in most foundations, some companies don't make a foundation light enough for me). I can get away with wearing this Color Control Stick without any foundation over it, if I blend it into my skin well, but I believe for most people, you're definitely going to want to top this product with something else to make sure that you don't look ghostly or greenish.

If you apply this thickly, or try to use it as a concealer, it can accentuate dryness on your skin or begin to look chalky; it's better to use a thin layer of this, and not try to build it up.
Since you don't use very much of this stick with each application, the product will last a while; but it is still a pricey product at $36 for .38 oz. To me it's worth it, but if you're unsure if this is right for you, you should definitely try it out at a Shiseido counter before purchasing it. As always with Shiseido, the packaging is excellent, and the product is a joy to use.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by carabara84

This neutralized the red spots in my face really well, but didn't mesh with my oily spots very well. It didn't cover very well, which I guess wasn't the point of the product, but I was hoping for more I suppose. I would only repurchase if I happen to have dry/normal skin in the future.