April 20, 2014 | 1747 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - Lavender Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Of the L'Occitane hand creams, this is my favourite mainly because of the fragrance. I carry a little one in my make-up bag and use it throughout the day. My skin is really sensitive, and especially the backs of my hands where I can easily develop contact dermatitis from soaps and creams. This doesn't cause it and seems to help keep it at bay, provided I remember to apply it every time I wash my hands. I find the lavender scent both soothing and refreshing, and although it is light it lasts for a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the 30 ml size of this hand cream over the holidays because I wanted a little something to treat myself, and what better way to do so than to invest in a little hand pampering? For me this is imperative in the winter months as my hands take a beating every winter, no matter what.
This hand cream has a lovely fresh and velvety texture. It would probably be classified more as a gel-cream than as a cream, so if you're expecting the original L'Occitane hand cream formula than stick with the original. However, this hand cream is quite moisturizing considering the light texture, and leaves hands feels refreshed and moist. I can definitely see this being a summer staple. As for the scent, this is a true lavender essential oil blend. Nothing artificial about it at all. I will repurchase for the warmer weather when my other hand creams are gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love lavender. I love anything French. This was a must-have for me! I really like it. Love the smell. And the packaging (so cute!). It sinks into hands quickly. No greasy film after. Would have preferred for it to be a bit more hydrating--it's useful to have in my purse so I can put it on after washing my hands but it's not very beneficial beyond that. My biggest complaint is that if my hands get anywhere near my eyes, it makes them sting/burn. Wish that didn't happen!! But I will probably still repurchase because I love the product smell and think it is super cute ;).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by AnnaGrace26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Many years ago on a flight to the Mayan riviera I was browsing through those in-flight catalogues and came across l'Occitane Hand Creams. It was a set of three scents, Lavender, Shea, and Verbena. I will be reviewing the shea and verbena as well but lets get started with the Lavender. I am a Lavender junkie! When I see the word Lavender I'm sold, well almost I always read the ingredients and it better be real Lavender oil or bust! So to my MakeupAlley friends please educate yourself on ingredients because that's telling when it comes to what your applying onto your skin. I have been using this hand cream ever since that in-flight purchase many years ago and this hand cream has not disappointed me! Not only is it perfectly moisturizing it never feels sticky or heavy like some hand creams do. It leaves my hands feeling supple, smooth and beautifully scented. Why else do I think this particular hand cream is simply Heaven? Lavender is an essential oil that has many benefits such as it being and antiseptic, aides one who may have insomnia and the list really goes on. L'Occtiane obtains their Lavender flowers from farmers in Haute-Provence so it's really made in France. Quality and worth ever last penny. I never run out of this product because it's that much of a staple in my home.
Simply pure Love.
A must have for any Hand cream diva out there! 10/10!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is the best hand cream that L'Occitane has. It smells fantastic and moisturizes well. This comes in two sizes- one for the vanity and one for your purse. Good quality cream.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I had it and I really struggled with ending it.

It's not as rich as original, more fluid, it takes longer to sink it, very strong scent and it leaves hands tacky. It leaves them smooth but it's not as moisturising as the original one.

Overall I recommend original version over this one, except if you are really crazy about the scent and moisturising properties aren't the priority.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So fragrant... mmmm!

This is my little splurge. Definitely pricey for its size, but I will continue to buy the L'Occitane Lavender hand cream to keep in my purse. Such a lovely scent.... flowery and soft without being overly sweet... ahh.

I think I'm going to apply some now. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by rallu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I give this cream 2 stars because of the fragrance which was the main reason I bought it for...but it smells a little different when I apply it on my hands and goes away in a few minutes.
It actually is not a cream, it has more of a light lotion texture to it but in the same time very oily, I can use it only at night, doesn't moisturize my hands, just makes them feel coated and in the morning when I wash my hands I can still feel it. It never absorbs...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The "olde worlde" looking tube looks nice but it's my least favourite aspect of this very nice hand cream. The metal tube ends up looking lumpy after just a few uses, it's hard to get the very last of the product out of the tube (toothpaste tubes in the 50's were like this and then companies changed to better tubes) and I am always losing track of the tiny screw on cap. BUT OTHERWISE, this is a fabulous hand cream. It is so soothing and moisturizing. I know that lavender is one of those ingredients that can be irritating to sensitive skins but even when my hands are very dry and chapped, this hand cream does not irritate me at all and the smell is heavenly. I love to apply this before bed, partly so it can work well overnight but mostly so the soothing lavender scent can help send me off to sleep. Definitely a repurchase product. I buy this in the 20% Shea Butter formula for my future son in law who has very dry hands and very, very sensitive skin and it works a charm on him (also, the fragrance of the shea butter formula is a lot less "girly").

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mitts are so dry that it hurts. Constant handwashing with antibacterial soaps has made it a chore to constantly apply lotions - when I do they are typically greasy, have unpleasant fragrance or disappear along with the moisture as soon as it is absorbed.

I love L'Occitane Lavender Hand Cream for absorbing in fast, leaving my hands feeling and looking moisturized, and smelling nice. This hand cream is one of a select few I think are worth a try if you are super picky.