October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Hair - Joico - K-Pak Styling Creme Elixir

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Stumbled across this at Winners (Cdn equivalent of TJMaxx) and for $5.99 I had to give it a go and I'm glad I did. The bottle says "Tames unruly hair. Apply on damp hair and style." I don't do that. I use a tiny pea-sized amount, rub it between my hands and rake it through my hair after flat ironing, kind of like a post-styling smoother. It feels wonderful. Makes my hair (particularly my ends) smoooth, soft and healthy looking. I find this does not get tangly or build up like some other silicone based products I've tried. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Dina20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am very suprised this product is part of the Joico line as their products are usually very impressive. K-Pak styling elixir did absolutely nothing for my hair. I did not notice any softness or managability. It did nothing for my frizz and left my hair feeling heavily coated. The fragrance is very stale and not at all pleasent. I noticed it has alot of gold glitter in the creme but it didn't show in my dark brown hair or add any shine. I would not recommend or repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2005 11:59:00 AM More reviews by diana02

I donīt find this product to be moisturing, and it doesnīt really give my hair any hold. I have curly dry hair. This just doesnīt work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by theitboy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok... unlike some of the other reviewers, I LOVE this product, and am on my third bottle. I have wavy blond hair, and just smoothing a little bit in my hair each morning keeps it frizz-free and soft. Recent highlighting dried it out quite a bit, but after a week or so of using this, my hair feels MUCH healthier.

It ain't cheap. And the bottle is small. Storing it upright, it always seems to leak a teeny bit. But despite these drawbacks, I would DEFINITELY buy it again, as the effects are worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2004 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Joico, I am so dissapointed! I love your K-Pak line, but I seriously have no idea what you were thinking of when you put together this little bottle of useless nothing-ness.

Basically, in a nut-shell this product didn't calm my frizzies at all, didn't smooth, soften or make it shine. Just weighed it down and made me a few bucks shorter. Blah, horrible, nasty. Yuck!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2004 3:00:00 PM More reviews by chelleyboo

I have only used it a few times before i straighten my hair..i guess it does make it soft but i donno it says "light" so i dont think theres much hold here..my stylist always uses kpac smoothing balm and it makes my hair look great so yah this stuff is a step down

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2003 4:48:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Bit pricey, but worth it and my little tube has already lasted me at least 3 months.

This and Kpak's Smoothing Balm have been the two products that have made the most different in my hair in terms of its condition. It makes it really silky smooth and soft while it feels like I have nothing at all in my hair.

Another thing I totally love about this product is that I can use it w/ or w/o blowdrying and it still gives the same great results everytime. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2002 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a new styling creme from Joico. It's produced out of the K-Pak line and is touted as having "healthy" benefits for hair. I find it to be a good smoother, de-frizzer and all-around styling creme without weighing down even my super fine tresses. I think I'll give it abit more use before I decide if I'd repurchase it or not. Be forewarned: the scent is VERY strong, but, thankfully, I find it pleasant enough... sort of a cross between fruit and candy.