December 18, 2014 | 887 users online

Body Scrubs - Got 2 Be - Tropical Fruit Pie body scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by teddy_toilet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this stuff in a gift set that contained this scrub, the Body Smoothie lotion and an orange loofah. It's quite enjoyable to use, actually. The colour is soo bright, like a tomato orange red. The exfoliating particles are quite fine, so they don't irritate my sensitive skin. The smell is very sweet and tropical, which I enjoy in the summer. Packaging-wise, I really like this. I comes in a huge 450ml jar and I love scooping it out. When I use it in conjunction with the Body Smoothie, my skin is very soft, smooth and glowing:)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2005 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Porcelaina

I bought this "scrub" before I was a productville junkie. Unfortunately had I known about this site then it would have saved me the trouble of buying this useless scrub and returning it. Read atomic_girl's review, she states it perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2004 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Spastik_Kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't get why people are saying it's "too gentle". I guess they didn't see the suggestion to use with a loofa. I do exactly that and I love this product. It lathers, sloughs and makes my skin feel wonderful. The container is much to be desired and the scent isn't bad, but with how soft my skin feels afterward I really don't care about those other things. A little on a loofa goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 11:13:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I don't remember what I paid for this but $.2 was too much although you do get a huge jar of it.
This stuff is waaaay too gentle to call itself a scrub. If it lathered just a bit more, it might make a nice body wash. It's very goopy and gets all over the rub when I try to use it. It's a strange tomato red shade too. And the scent? Bleh. Nothing like Mango.

Pass on this one. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2004 8:25:00 AM More reviews by wake_up_angel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Uhg! Oh my gosh - The STENCH! Eww!! Help!! Put that crap away!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2004 5:25:00 AM More reviews by wingedtwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very gentle, *very* sweet-smelling scrub in a tub that gets the job done, to a degree. It is somewhat thin and liquidy with very fine granules, unlike other scrubs. If you are the type that prefers to gently exfoliate every day as opposed to once weekly with a more abrasive product, I suppose you would like this. When I smoothed it on, I noticed that it started to...lather? Yes. Nice. I could barely feel the granules along my skin, however, and this made me feel like it wasn't exfoliating very well. After I got out of the shower, I noticed that my skin was definitely softer and somewhat smoother. If you have normal skin that doesn't need extra exfoliation, you could use this. It retails for $9-12, but I got it for $3 and would not pay more than that for it. In general, however, a nice, gentle, very sweet-smelling mood-lifter. Would be nice to have around and I'd probably miss it when it ran out, but I don't know about repurchasing at full price. And no animal testing, if that is important to you. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2004 11:41:00 PM More reviews by styropor

I personally LOVE this scrub. It is kindof a pain to just scoop it out by hand, but I think it feels great - not too abrasive like a lot of scrubs are. As far as the smell goes: If anyone out there knows what pure lychee fruit smells like, it smells exactly like that to me.. which is strange because supposedly it doesn't have any lychee in it. Smells GREAT in my opinion though, and lasts a super long time due to it lathering so well.

I paid around $3 for this at Big Lots, but I'd still be raving about it if I paid full price. Don't believe the other reviews!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2003 3:57:00 PM More reviews by littlealy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I would have read the reviews before buying this. It's goopy and you have to scoop it out with your hand and it gets all over the shower. I had orange globs of goo all over the place. It doesn't spread or scrub well. I wasn't very satisfied and wish I could return it. Oh, and the smell isn't that great either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2003 5:29:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't pleased with this product. I normally prefer "rougher" scrubs with fairly large grains (my favourite is the Mango Body Scrub from the Body Shop). The grains in this scrub were so small that I could barely feel them, and my skin didn't feel any smoother afterward. This scrub also had a slimy texture and a less-than-pleasant smell (I'm having a hard time describing the smell, but it certainly wasn't sweet and fruity as I was expecting). The packaging isn't the greatest, either. It comes in a big jar with a wide mouth, and the scrub is too liquidy to scoop out properly with your fingers. It's also hard to avoid getting the jar full of water in the shower. Lastly, I'm very glad I didn't pay the full $15.99 price for this stuff, but I still feel that $9 was too much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2002 2:03:00 AM More reviews by misst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This comes in a very big jar, and cost about $14.99cad which is pretty good for that amount of product. The label says it's blended with mango, papaya, and guava. But when I opened the jar, the first thing that came to mind was a "pleasant perming solution" smell. Not as bad as perming solution, but something about it reminded me of that. Didn't smell all that fruity to me, but still fresh. I give 2 lipsticks for smell. The product itself does a pretty good job with fine granules that are gentle on the skin, and it lathered like crazy which was neat for a body scrub. I also like the bright orange colour of it too :) But I wouldn't buy again just because the smell wasn't what I was expecting.