October 20, 2014 | 1647 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Original Moisturizing Creme

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This creme is very perplexing. I am no sure if it works well consistently. It is super-thick like Crisco or shortening. It coats the skin like a barrier and does not get absorbed by the skin. It helps retain the moisture in the skin but I don't think it is nourishing like nut oils.

I occasionally use it on the face, very sparingly, at the dry spots. It makes the facial skin very smooth and milky-looking. However, if I use this on the face everyday, my face loses the glow I get from using coconut, sesame or almond oil on. Eucerin is much like a cold cream. It gives great results with the hot cloth technique too but since Eucerin has lanolin, it does not wash off completely but leaves a thin film on the skin.

I also use it on my feet and leave on the socks overnight but I haven't seen any advantage over using Eucerin instead of Sesame or Coconut oil. In fact, latter oils nourish the feet too. Using products containing mineral oil, my skin feels crepy or stiff compared to using nut oils when it feels smooth and soft.

Overall, I am on the fence about this one....jar is not hygenic as one has to dip a spatula to get the goopy cream out. It is also quite expensive. Even a small travel tube costs $6. A 16 oz jar of extra virgin coconut oil costs cheaper than a 16 oz jar of Eucerin and latter has mineral oil and petrolatum listed as the main ingredients....i am not emphasizing the virtues of coconut oil or the vices of mineral oil but just stating that Eucerin over a period of time does not work consistently well as coconut oil does...

Bottomline - If Eucerin would be available in a small jar at a more reasonable price, it would work well for users who like to switch products for sensitive/combo skin that tends to dullen with continuous use of a single product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by QueenieAKA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best creme ever to keep your feet out of the pedicure chair! Works great on my excema prone areas as well! Even though it's pricy, the 16oz tub lasts for 6+ plus with moderate use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by TiaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolute HG. Slather this on before bed. Greasy but moisturizing. You'll glow like an angel in the morning. No breakouts or cetyl alcohol (I was breaking out from cetaphil moisturizer before, pretty sure this ingredient was the culprit according to cosdna.com).

Love it during the day too, but it definitely makes my concealer/foundation not last as long, that's the only drawback. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really thick. I definitely don’t hate it. It works miracles. I put them on my elbows, heels and hands right before bed and i wake up with super soft skin. When NYC started to get really cold (i’m talking the polar vortex, hitting the negative teens) the air got really dry and my face got patchy with dry spots. I would use Neutrogena Naturals moisturizer in the morning and by noon in my office, my skin would feel extremely tight and uncomfortable. So at night, I decided to apply this onto my face - very lightly and sparingly at first since it is really thick. I applied it around my eyes, where the dry patches are and would rub it in. I would wake up with super soft skin so I decided to use it as a daytime moisturizer too - specifically around my eyes and wherever my skin would feel tight. I have been doing this for about a week now and my face has never been smoother. It even makes applying concealer a lot easier. My skin is sensitive but I haven’t experience a break out yet. I highly recommend this. The only thing I don’t like is that it’s a huge tub, you’d have to dip your hands into it every time - which is fine since I always apply it after I wash up before bed and after I wake up. If you have dry, flaky skin, this tub works miracles. A tub also lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I love love love this cream so much! I have really bad and itchy eczema (that covers my torso, legs, arms and sometimes my neck) and this thick cream is the best at retaining moisture and not causing any irritation! Even when I don't have eczema, I use this on the heels of my feet overnight and there's a real difference the next morning. It's such a shame that I didn't realize how brilliant this product was when I was in America last year (I only bought a small tube!) because they don't sell Eucerin in Australia :( Next time, I'll stock up though because it's one of the very few things that actually work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have rosacea and this cream calms it down. It might take a few night of applying this but it always eventually seems to do the trick. The problem with this creme is that I can only use it every other day or so, otherwise it does start to break me out with tiny little pimples that are pus filled, so not good for daily use on me. I also start to get little red spots, which are areas where it is starting to cause a pimple. The break out isn't severe, but enough to disrupt my face a bit, so consistent use would probably cause some serious problems for me down the road. Best if I rotate this with another moisturizer, but this one is the best for calming down some serious redness.

Also, I used the Eucerin Creme on my face for about 15-20 days. When used consistently it just starts to cause some mild to moderate issues with acne, so only use every other day at the most, or just a few times a week. Otherwise, this product is a god send for redness and irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by MicroDig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a cream for REALLY DRY SKIN.

This is my go to moisturizer. When I have super dry skin (especially in winter) I lather this on my hands/feet and cover the area with socks/cotton gloves and it does wonders for my skin. I see a huge difference the next morning.

This is a very thick creme, almost like a paste. Unless you want to spend a lot of time working it into your skin it's not one I would recommend for daytime use. It doesn't absorb completely without work- which is what makes it perfect for using overnight with socks/gloves.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Before you open the jar, brace yourself this is a thick cream...probably the thickest I have seen. It's thicker than Vaseline, but it's amazing. I have been using this on and off for probably 2 years now, and I always go back to it in the winter months or when my skin is feeling stressed. I'll break it down in note form:
- I would not recommend putting this on your body right after the shower, it will take years to rub in, and if you already have aggravated patches or sensitive skin, it will further agitate it as its that thick. I would say to take another basic lotion (I like Curel or CeraVe) and apply it, then apply this on top only where you need it. If you coat your whole body in it, not only will it feel icky but you will be wasting the product.
- I have tried putting it on my face when my skin was winter-stressed, and it did help but I absolutely loathed the sticky, greasy feeling of it and I wouldn't do it again. You can try it but I would put very little on.
- On my feet it does the job, but I prefer something cheaper: Vaseline.
But my favourite way to use this is literally as a barrier cream. I have superrrrr sensitive nipples/aerolas, to the point that they will be so sensitive when my shirt touches them bare, therefore hot water touching them is even worse. What I do is I dab a little bit of this onto my nipples before I head into the shower when they're feeling extra annoyed lol, and it literally acts like a barrier between the hot water and my skin. And the cream is that thick that it doesn't rub off even when the stream of the shower touches the area. I only do this when I need to but it has helped a lot. After the shower I just rub the lotion in. I also tried this on a red patch I had on my neck and it helped enormously. So if one has eczema patches, they could coat the skin with the cream before they head into the shower. Because we all like hot showers, and they're not that easy to avoid on cold days. :P Only note with this is that make sure it doesn't get in your hair because it's a pain to get off. In Canada, it can sometimes be found on the shelves but if it's not there ask the pharmacist because they usually keep it otc (I don't know why). Also don't get this confused with Eucerin's Aquaphor...the consistency of that is basically just like Vaseline and it doesn't do anything!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by happymerlot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love this as a top coat moisturizer (for face and body), and especially on very dry patches and eczema. I have very dry, very sensitive skin, so I always have a jar of it in the bathroom for right after a shower, and the smaller tube of it to bring along.
Ingredients: Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by blueeyedmonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love. This is my new HG moisturizer. I've used all the expensive $100/ jar creams out there looking for something like this. It's nice and thick and an excellent night cream. I will also use is occasionally as a day cream if my skin is particularly dry.

I recommend rubbing it on your fingers first to warm up, then sort of patting on to your face (so you're not tugging at your skin).

The packaging leaves a bit to be desired; wish it was in a tube rather than a pot. But I'll keep using it.