Avon Far Away Sensual Embrace

3.5

on 8/25/2012 8:49:00 PM

Very nice. I probably tested original Far Away, but I don't quite remember how it was like. That means it was not very impressive.

The theme of Far Away series seems to be oriental as the bottle caps have "Ying Yang" design. I think Far Away Sensual Embrace is the most "oriental" scent among Far Away series as far as I tried so far. I can smell vanilla after dry down but it's not sticky but it is very sophisticated. It is powdery but not like detergent or room fragrance. I wear this frag for office as well as evening. This is a very good allround frag. I think this is one of the best among Avon frags.

on 3/27/2011 4:37:00 PM

Not bad but it didn't do much for me, I prefer the original Far Away.

on 3/5/2011 8:20:00 PM

I'm sure Method Home's amazing daily shower spray is to blame, but this smells much more of housework than a sensual embrace to me. I get a blast of Ylang Ylang and a brief apricot jam scent before it settles to a nice skin musk. I'm betting the base accord of this is the same as Avon's (also long discontinued) skin2skin for her, which I find quite pleasant.

Ultimately, though bottles can still be had on the cheap online, lovers of this fragrance won't have too much difficulty in recreating it once it disappears for good.

A perfumer told me the best way to see if a perfume will smell good on your skin type is to put some perfume on your tongue. If it tastes bitter, soapy or bad it will not smell good on your skin type. If the perfume tastes good or if there is no taste the perfume will smell good on you. When I smelled this from the bottle I really didnt care for it. Then I tried the above test and it passed, so I tried 2 spritz's of this perfume. It really bloomed on my skin and it lasted a long time too. Avon has discontinued this one, as they always do the perfumes from them I like. So, now I buy it on Ebay. It only takes a couple sprays of this to do it.

on 6/3/2004 12:09:00 AM

Another favorite of mine ... warm, sensual, cozy ... just a little much for summer weather. It's strange - whenever I smell this, it does remind me of another scent, but I just can't place it. Perhaps one day...

on 5/22/2004 9:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very nice, but kind of strong. Go easy on it and you will be okay. I definitely consider this to be a winter scent though. Too heavy for hot weather.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

its okay....nothing to have a cow about... I like the packaging tho.

on 11/25/2003 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this fragrance. Just like it's name, it's sensual and comforting. A warm fragrance. I'd probably buy it.

on 9/15/2003 10:43:00 PM

Similar to it's 'mother' Far Away but lacking the best ingredients of Far Away. Far Away Sensual Embrace is nice but I probably won't buy it again. Wouldn't mind receiving it as a gift though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a sweet eau de cologne. Long lasting and luxurious. Honestly, it smells similar to Journey eau de parfum by MK. But this, to me, smells better. Almost oriental.

Popular Fragrances