July 25, 2014 | 1987 users online

Makeup Brushes - Quo - Powder Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by cutiepatootie2013

Super disappointed with this brush, got it as a christmas present this year. First use I had 3 or 4 of the bristles fall out onto my face (major pain in the butt trying to pick those suckers off!). I wash my face brushes after every use because I have super sensitive skin and I'm prone to acne, and every time I use/wash this brush more bristles fall out. Not worth the money, I have cheap walmart brushes that have held up better after 50 + uses/washes than this did with just one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I can't remember when I bought this brush, but I know that I have had it for at least 3-4 years. I bought it at Shoppers Drug Mart and I'm pretty sure I spent at least $20 CDN on it. This brush never shed its hairs, until very recently. When I'm doing my make-up, I usually have to pick 1-3 hairs off my face. The brush works ok in terms of its purpose and is not scratchy on my face, the problem I have with this brush is that the dye is constantly running. It still happens even after owning the brush for a couple of years. It doesn't run and leave dark marks on my face when I'm doing my make-up, it only runs after I washed my brush and left it on a paper towel to dry. The paper towel would be stained with a dark indigo color exactly where the brush head used to be. Because of that, I'm reluctant to use this brush and I'm on the lookout for a good quality powder brush that won't harm my wallet.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by geekyn00b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Don't waste your cash like I did. You can find better at a dollar store.

Echoing the other reviewers here: badly dyed a purple-black that runs off when washed, it sheds, & it's scratchy after washing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by dellie182

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was very disappointed with this brush. I used it twice and each time it shed a crazy amount of bristles. Luckily, I called Shoppers Drug Mart and they're going to let me exchange it for their Minerals Matter Double Concealer, which works wonders on my skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Shmuberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst powder brush I've ever used. It sheds like crazy and when you wash it, black dye runs off every time. If you are looking for a decent brush at a fraction of the Quo brushes price... you are better off buying from Coastal Scents!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by sherpa

Useable, but definitely not good. Not as harsh as a previous powder brush I owned but unless you enjoy picking little black hairs off your face every time you use it, don't buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Pandora7

This brush is soft, easy to clean, applies powders well enough...my issue with it is that after a few cleanings it's started to lose hairs. Often I am left with short black hairs stuck to my face, and if I don't get them all off I look hirsute! I have the travel set, same issue with the powder brush. Quo eye shadow brushes and the foundation brush are much much better quality. For a powder brush I'd go with one from ecotools next time. I have their kabuki and I love love love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Ldv15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush long time ago and it was also my very first brush. I now have Bobbi Brown, MAC and Smashbox brushes in my collection and I cannot begin to tell you the difference b/t Quo and the higher-end brushes. First off, washing brushes is already a pain in the butt. I washed this Quo brush for the first time (I only use it for putting blush on so I rarely use it) and gosh did the blue dye bleed like there's no tomorrow. It really scared me at first because all my other brushes had foundation colours coming off of the its brushes while this Quo brush was bleeding blue!!!! I thought about just chucking it away and not even finish washing it! Overall, definitely invest in a good quality brush, especially the ones that doesn't have crazy dyes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I've owned this brush for about 4 years. I liked it at first. It does shed slightly after washing but not bad. I use baby shampoo to wash all my brushes and have found the bristles on this brush have become sort of scratchy. My skin is sensitive ,the scratchiness does not help.

I'm thinking of trying the Quo Professional Powder brush or a entirely different brand.

I won't repurchase this brush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this brush. It was my first ever powder brush and I used to think it was cheap when i first got it but i realized that it's really REALY expensive considering it doesn't last long, sheds insanely, feels rough, doesn't blend product in nicely, made of animal hair and whenever I touch the brush and accidently twist the handle, the hairs that I'm touching with my fingers break off! Ugggh I wish I would've returned it when I first got it. The powder brushes from Ecotools work a billion times better and they are cruelty free. This brush feels like sandpaper compared to my ecotools powder brush! Also, the ecotools brushes are around $8 and the quo brush is $23. Awful awful stuff...don't purchase!