October 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Lisse Gloss #1

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Khanum

my favourite lip product ever!
I just loved this easy breezy lippy, you could just wear all the time, anytime.
sheer, subtle shimmer, transparent with a pale pink tint, not too sticky and with a simple wand applicator, not to mention the yummy, subtle, addictive scent.
then they had to discontinue it didn't they? They've taken out a similar shade in the new golden gloss range but i dont like the teeny brush-applicator and it's too dressy and sparkly to wear to work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 8:13:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Lovely pigmented, thick, not that sticky, shimmery lipgloss that kinda gives sexy, lusious, plump lips which i would have rated on par with my HG armani lip shimmers...maybe even a higher rating cos its cheaper than armani...

However, there is this really, really, irritaing smell coming from the gloss - a sour grape smell, exactly like a red wine that has gone bad!!!! & i swear i can taste a grapey taste when i lick my lips. I am darn sensitive to smell and taste - this combination makes me want to puke!

From product leaflet - Contains Serilisse-H (smooths lips and prevents dehydration) & "Gold of Pleasure" oil (maxi comfort). perhaps its the "gold of pleasure" oil making that terrible smell...

Colourwise - pale milky mauve shade, like the previous reviewer said muted my pigmented lips for a nude look. love shade but i cant stand the smell & taste! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2005 1:06:00 PM More reviews by bairn

It's been a while since I purchased my first batch of Lisse Glosses. Then recently I bought another one in this color, and it seems the product had been revamped – in a very good way. #1, Crystal Pink, is a variation on colorless glosses, except it's not completely colorless. In the container, it's an ultra pale milky mauve shade with an elusive touch of peach. Once applied, it looks more or less clear on me but, in reality, it mutes the natural color of my lips and gives it a cooler tone. The result? A perfect, glossy nude lip. My coloring? Neutral PPP, brown hair, blue eyes, medium pigmented lips. The scent of the gloss? Rosy plum and wine. Taste? Sweet to none. Lasting power? Very decent for a gloss. Texture? Moderately goopy, moderately sticky, very smooth, very comfortable. Packaging? Sleek square container, doe-foot applicator. Dryness? None that I've noticed. Other bonuses? Great for layering, too... This love comes with a price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2005 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Abecita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really loooooove this one! I have tried everything you can find when it comes to lip gloss and nothing is as good as this one. I have pretty red lips naturally and this colour looks perfect on my lips:) Itīs pretty expensive but I think itīs worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2005 10:03:00 AM More reviews by LoveAngelMusicBaby

This is a very nice gloss, so smoothing and smells so good!! I thought it would be a little more pink on the lips though but its pretty much clear (I have pigmented lips). I have used it up already but I won't purchase in same color again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2005 2:55:00 AM More reviews by skyrider007

This lip gloss does not come cheap. But the packaging and the gloss itself makes the product worth the 25 bucks I've spent. I have always been a Chanel glossimier addict, but today I went to the YSL counter and bought this exquisite number 1 gloss color. I don't really mind the smell. The gloss feels very light on my lips and gives them a very quality shiny look. Perfect for wearing alone or on top of lipstick of any shade. I love it. It certainly is better than Chanel's.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 8:07:00 AM More reviews by rocker

This is the most beautiful lip gloss I have ever worn. It is a pale sheer pink that can be worn with anything. It's not sticky in the slightest and it really lasts on your lips. As previous reviewers have mentioned though, the smell (like wine) is really awful. It's not just a one off as well because I've bought a few of these and they have all smelt like that. Other than that, I love this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2005 12:31:00 PM More reviews by LoveAngelMusicBaby

This is a nice gloss which feels soft and smooth on the lips. Th colour in the case looks like a light shimmery pink but on my pigmented, red lips it looks clear with shimmer. The rosy smell is ok. This is one of the few lipglosses I have used up though!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2004 8:35:00 AM More reviews by staceyrose

I can't believe that I've practically finished this gloss. I guess that it's because it's so natural looking. I've decided that I really don't like the taste all that much. On the plus side, it does have the classiest case out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2004 2:33:00 PM More reviews by cchottie55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this lip gloss on at the YSL counter at Bloomingdale's, and I was very impressed with the vibrant color selection. However, it smells and tastes like paint. If not for that, I would definitely buy this whenever I needed it. It's too bad, because the colors are absolutely stunning.