August 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Nutrium- Body Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by avalles

I have been using this product for four years now and let me tell you girls this will probably be the only body wash I will ever use. Allow me to qualify.... I've always had very dry skin along with Keratosis Pilaris. (You know those dry bumps on the back of your arms and legs - ya that's Keratosis Pilaris) Anywho, after reading a KP forum I learned that the best way to tackle KP symptoms are exfoliation and deep hydration. Que in Dove Nutrium Body Wash. I use this with a regular loofah and make sure to really scrub while cleansing to get all the excess dead skin off to allow for maximum absorption post shower. Pat Dry. And top off with Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion. This product has been a revelation to my skin care regiment - I would be absolutely devastated if they pulled this off the shelves.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

I bought a small travel sized bottle of this to try at Wal Mart and I will definitely be pruchasing the regular sized bottle soon. This left my skin feeling beautiful, and could smell its deliciously clean scent on my arms, hours after my shower.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I don't love this product but don't hate it either. Sure it's a good body wash, but then almost all body washes are good products and it does not seem to really stand out that much in terms of cleansing and moisturizing.

I can't love it for 2 reasons.
#1 the scent. I smelled through the whole collection at my local pharmacy and all scents seemed like remnants from history (I didn't see the newer grapefruit and cucumber scents there). It made me wonder if Dove was just lagging behind in scent research. I ended up buying the apricot scent and quickly got tired of it because I prefered lighter scent rather than medium-strong.
#2 the bottle has a pointy tip, so if you're near the end of the bottle and don't like to waste it, you're going to have a fun time getting the last bits out.

In summary (good product 5.0) - (2 flaws) = 3.0

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by marysucha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why did the switch from ammonium laureth sulphate (mild) to sodium laureth sulphate (harsh). I thought the whole point of adding the nutrium stuff was to make it better. It seems like they improved the moisturizers but are using harsher soap base.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lisakoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great feel, great moisture, however I hate the way the cap is shaped. When you get down to the end of it, you can't just flip it over and use it all up. The curved head makes it impossible to get every last bit out. But the product itself works really well! Removes sweat and dirt and leaves your skin moisturized and non-stretchy

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by boogie4life

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

i think i would buy the age defying off ebay or something but idk i'm sort of allergic to vit. A unless it's made withh balancing other ingredients properly.... so idk would it make me break out if i'm also using other skin care that is more harsh...

as for now i'm actually using this new visible care softening w/ nutrium moisture. it seemed like the best ingredients of all the options at walmart i think even tho olay age effects which was the only one on the shelf along those lines....

anyway i'm currently using the whole bliss fat girl slim & love handler line which smells like a orphanage so i don't care cuz i don't have a life right now and i want to see if it at least works. i'm just trying to cover it up as much as possible so type of smell was important to me also.

i think using this body was i can be more harsh with all the bliss products and not break out.

but i'm worried what if it's making them not work as well???????

not sure. my skin is not broken out but i feel like i have a yeast infection this morning but it's already gone so i'll watch out....

loosing lbs from 150-300-200 ish and down now so i gotta be extreme... and this is all i can afford right now so just want to work with this til i can afford to go further.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by HappyTheFace23

I've always used this, and when I tried other products I was surprised how dry they made me. This prevents extreme dryness, but I have really dry skin, so I still lotion it up/body butter it up after the shower anyway. I love the dove body washes, they are high quality moisturizers. :D

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by bellaonabudget

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read a fascinating article on the nytimes.com about the science behind both this body wash and a new Vaseline lotion. It described how the moisturizers on the market can “stick” to skin in a way that helps form a shield over your skin which is made of moisture. In addition to this, the product supposedly penetrates deep down to help your skin be less dry in the long run.

It sounded so cool that I bought this body wash at Duane Reade for over $12.50. I felt this was pricey for body wash, even though the bottle was massive and contained 24 oz. of product. The product can be found at drugstore.com for $8.99.

Since purchasing this, I have used it steadily for 4 months. Dove markets this body wash as a product that will drastically improve your skin, unlike other body washes, which will temporarily improve (but ultimately impair) your skin’s moisture levels.

You get a lot of product for your money, but I was not impressed with the performance of this body wash. To be honest, I am shocked everyone likes it so much. I did not notice anything special about the formula and felt less moisturized than when I use my usual Olay Body Ribbons body wash. Beyond that, I did not like the scent of this product. It has a distinctly clean scent, but after covering your legs and arms alone, the scent becomes overwhelming; more like laundry detergent. The only upside I see to this product is the packaging is easy to use. This disappointment, combined with the misleading marketing message, means I will not re-purchase and may think twice (or take a cautionary sniff) when it comes to future Dove purchases.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Grapefruit and Lemongrass scent. I have to say, beyond the grapefruit and lemongrass smell, there some other smell that reminds of me of Pond's cold cream and other dove products which I'm not sure if it's fragrance or some chemical but I'm not exactly a fan of the scent because of this. I like that it is moisturizing but it doesn't really clean my skin as thoroughly as the gel type body washes. It also breaks me out more often when I use this. But this would be great for dry skin and not oily/combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by aer0057

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this body wash!!! It smells great and makes my skin feel super soft afterwards. Some body washes that have too much scent can irritate my skin (aka. Bath & Body Works) This one is perfect for sensitive skin and keeps my skin soft without leaving a greasy residue. I just wish it would lather a little more so I didn't have to use so much but that is a small price to pay for a great product