January 28, 2015 | 1897 users online

Hair - Almond Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 2:33:00 PM More reviews by keekz

i bought this product about a week ago and i really like it. I bought this for about $7 CAD at the local health and food store and its quite a big bottle of it. I have heard nothing but good things about it, of course all from MUA, which peeked my intereset so i did some more research of my own. This is a light oil used for hair, face, cuticles, body, etc.

I first used it as a daily moisturizer but i found that it didnt help as much as i wanted it to. i was still a bit tight and dry and my makeup just slid right off so i was pretty let down. Then i rmembered the OCM and thought i could use just this oil and see how it goes. Years ago i tried using EVOO for the oil cleansing method and hated it. It made me purge and look like an oily, slick mess. It really was gross and not an imporvement so i stopped.

I now use this at night to remove my makeup doing the OCM... take about a quarter size of this oil, massage into my face for a minute or more while sitting on the edge of the bathtub and let my mind drift. The oil i have has added Vitman E but i dont know why it is needed when this oil already has it in it? But anyways, after the massage i use my microfibre cloth (a clean one every time) to steam the gunk (almond oil, makeup, extra sebum, etc) off my face. I use the cloth to steam my face about three or four times, enuff to feel "clean" and sometimes finish with a tad of my facecream.

After this method of cleansing m face is glowing, not that oily glow, just healthy, "im happy" type of glow to my face. The redness is disappearing as well as scars. Will keep use and will update in a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the organic oil I bought at my local trader Joes . I use it daily as my backup eye makeup remover of mascara and lid with cotton-padded. 2 . All over body for smother skin next morning 3 . Use 3 drops for under eyes homemade serum mix with vitamin C and rosehip oil . 4. As a light sheen for eye shadow to glow instead of glitter with new year coming I want look classic not showgirl. I have dry skin and has made great oil face serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Cupcakeyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Almond oil on my face as part of my nightly skincare routine. I had eczema on my eyelid in my 20s and since I started using this a few years ago, its completely vanished. I add a small drop to my night cream and I wake to beautifully smooth skin. I also use this directly on my cuticles, feet, hair before bed, elbows and nipples lol.. truly keeps them soft and smooth.
Whole Foods $14

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by emcoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most effective makeup remover I have ever used and it moisturizes without causing breakouts. It even made my stubby eyelashes grow long enough to curl! I tried to use it as a shaving oil, but it gave me razor burn for some reason. For everything else, though, it is a godsend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by denii316

I have used almond oil for over ten years as an eye make up remover and let me tell you-- I am fascinated at the price, the job, and the effects. Almond oil removes all my make up without leaving one ounce of residue. I am 26 years old and I am fairly happy on how almond oil has kept my eyes hydrated even after removing my eye make up. Almond oil is affordable, natural, and efficient--cannot and will not give up on almond oil--a Mexican make up remover from my home to your home. ;)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Michelle1642

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would have never thought that almond oil would actually work on my dark circles, but it did!! I have always had oily skin so putting oil on my face was very scary. That's why originally I have always used almond oil on my nails and fingers, and sometimes on my body after a shower. It leaves your skin so smooth and soft, and it's just lovely. But I think that the best usage I've had so far was for dark circles. My dark circles are hereditary, so they will never go away entirely unfortunately (unless maybe if I sleep and eat very well which I don't always do lol). I've tried a lot of commercial products (some expensive and some less), nothing actually worked. Since I've been using almond oil around my eye area (just one or two drops), my dark circles have gotten lighter and the skin around my eye is sooo smooth and hydrated (I've always suffered from dry skin around the eye area and no product was able to solve the issue). When I used it for removing eye makeup though it did sting and hurt a lot! Sometimes if I use too much, the bone around my eye hurts (I know it's weird). That's why I only use one or two drops at night before going to bed and I absolutely love it. Women spend a lifetime buying expensive products without getting the result they want, and most of them are not aware that the best products are actually the cheaper and most natural ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love using Sweet Almond oil as a carrier for topical and aromatherapeutic purposes. As long as you don't have a nut allergy - this is a great carrier oil choice. Great for lips, cuticles, legs & feet and the ends of dry hair. Sweet Almond oil is a great thing to use for topical, skincare and aromatherapy (carrier oil) & massage applications.

Blends well with other oils - essential or carrier - equally effective on its own.
Light, easy to blend with other oils, works well on its own also.

A great oil in my aromatherapy aresenal.

Not cheap - but not cost prohibitive.

Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I am not sure why this works,but I use almond oil on my lips at night to reduce the pigmentation. I have naturally dark lips but I like to wear lighter lipglosses. Using a dab of almond oil on lips mixed with my lip salve at night keeps it more pinkish. It does not completely lighten my lips nor does it permanently remove the pigmentation, but I like how my pale lipglosses now look on me.

Oh I also mix the oil in my deep conditioner. My hair loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sweet almond oil is my favorite natural oil! I use it the following ways:
1. pre-shampoo treatment
2.makeup remover
3.face serum
4.cuticle oil
5. "booster" for conditioners
6.hair styling

It's super versatile and I prefer it over coconut, olive, grapeseed, and jojoba oil.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by frostygrrl

I have never been happier with such a basic product. I originally bought this to use as a moisturizer but I soon forgot about it in a drawer. I've been growing my hair out and it's really damaged at the ends from coloring and heat styling. Even after I had a cut, the ends are just so dry and my hair is thick and tends to be coarse as well. I remembered I had the almond oil sitting in my drawer and put it on the ends and left it in a bun overnight. I really, really love this stuff. It washes out really easily (unlike coconut oil-- I had to wash my hair a few times to get it all out and my hair still felt heavy) and it makes my hair super soft and sleek feeling. Actually, it's a really good way to get "second day hair" even if you've just washed it. It absorbs quickly and easily and my hair actually looks healthy now. All you have to do is experiment with the amount a little. I've been using more than I thought I would, but the bottle I have will still last me at least 6 months or so. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all-- such a good thing, since my hair is thick and heavy as it is. I can run my fingers through it all day without getting caught up in dry, tangled hair. I've been using it twice a day-- once my hair is dry, as a finisher to smooth and keep frizz down, and then after work once I'm settled at home, I put more in and throw it up and let it sit for the rest of the day and overnight and wash as usual the next morning. I've noticed that even after a wash, while the hair is wet, it still feels soft and sleek. I have a 4 oz bottle of the NOW brand I got from a health foods store for under $5, so it's super cheap and definitely worth a try if you're trying to repair damaged hair. I absolutely love this oil and I'll continue to use it. Definitely a HG product for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No