Almond Oil

4.7

pure almond oil

on 4/16/2015 2:05:00 AM

I would rate this 5 lippies for skin and around 3.5 for hair -
skin: this is wonderful, i use it nightly to moisturize my eye area and upper cheeks - and its fantastic! It keeps my skin soft and lashes moisturized, leaves no residue and is instantly absorbed unlike other oils i have used previously in this area including castor oil, which means i can dab some on and not worry about the oil leaching onto my pillowcase, and can even wear it during the day for a dewy finish and natural eyelash enhancement.

hair: As a hair oil fanatic I have used several different varieties and was keen to trial sweet almond oil. Used in the standard way i oil my hair and as a sealant i have to say i found this to be less effective than other oils (olive, argan, jojoba, coconut). It seemed to coat the hair but sit on the surface giving it a stringy, greasy appearance. It did not absorb easily and I found that when i used a little to seal my ends the next day it would appear greasy. Whilst still a good carrier oil for treatments that are subsequently rinsed out, i wouldn't use this as a styling or sealing product.

on 4/4/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on my hair and it works amazingly.

Back in October I bleached my hair, which was a disaster. Over fifty percent fell out, I had bald spots and when I had went to see my parents over the holidays and they were convinced I was balding. They took me to a dermatologist who said it was from bleaching and asked if I wanted hair growth medication. The medication however had testosterone and would give me facial hair, so I declined the offer.

My grandmother kept raving on about almond oil which I did not take too seriously. She gave me a bottle and I did not start using it till late February.

In the first few weeks of use in February I noticed quite a substantial change but it wasn't till late March where I saw a massive difference. By early April the thickness of my hair had doubled and there was an additional 3 inches added to the length of my hair (approx. an inch a month). I began mixing it with both coconut oil and castor oil near the end of March and I had seen in a week, all the bald spots on my roots had disappeared (literally in a span of two weeks). Hair-fall decreased by over 80 percent and when I compared the new hair shafts to old hairs I had found on a hairbrush, there was a double in the thickness of the shaft.

Keep in mind if you want hair-growth as much as mine, you will need to apply this to your hair every night. The almond oil was definitely a miracle product. I would recommend mixing it with pure virgin coconut oil and pure castor oil.

on 3/24/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I use sweet almond oil purchased from holland and barrett... for my oil cleansing method I do sometimes during the evening, when I feel like my skin is in need of moisture restoration. It is so lovely for my skin!! feels great, soothing and also helps with dark under circles. It does not clog my pores and I like the fact that it is an "almond" oil, I like almonds :P

Other than this method I like to use an African Black soap in the evenings, and a turmeric, tea tree, and manuka honey all natural soap in the mornings.

on 3/21/2015 6:40:00 AM

I love this. It's light, non greasy and moisturizing.

Some said it clogs pores but so far so good.

I have combination skin.

on 3/21/2015 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Just love almond oil! Great as an after shower,(still wet), slick down then pat dry. Skin is glowy, smooth, glistening and soft. Great for feet, cuticles and as a nighttime eye tx. Just a drop on outside temple smoothed on brow and below on cheek/eye bone it will migrate on it's own enough, you don't need to start too close to the eye. I do find this is one of the more expensive oil's out there. I don't know why??? I think because of the whole almond beauty buzz that's been going around they have inflated the prices? I don't remember it costing as much as it does a few years back. A small 4oz bottle cost's about $8 in a typical health food store or section. That said it's wonderful! :) Packaging depends on what co. you buy from. Usually it's just in a generic see through bottle with a screw on cap or sometimes if you get a large sized,(hard to find), it will come with a pump.

on 1/12/2015 2:33:00 PM

i bought this product about a week ago and i really like it. I bought this for about $7 CAD at the local health and food store and its quite a big bottle of it. I have heard nothing but good things about it, of course all from MUA, which peeked my intereset so i did some more research of my own. This is a light oil used for hair, face, cuticles, body, etc.

I first used it as a daily moisturizer but i found that it didnt help as much as i wanted it to. i was still a bit tight and dry and my makeup just slid right off so i was pretty let down. Then i rmembered the OCM and thought i could use just this oil and see how it goes. Years ago i tried using EVOO for the oil cleansing method and hated it. It made me purge and look like an oily, slick mess. It really was gross and not an imporvement so i stopped.

I now use this at night to remove my makeup doing the OCM... take about a quarter size of this oil, massage into my face for a minute or more while sitting on the edge of the bathtub and let my mind drift. The oil i have has added Vitman E but i dont know why it is needed when this oil already has it in it? But anyways, after the massage i use my microfibre cloth (a clean one every time) to steam the gunk (almond oil, makeup, extra sebum, etc) off my face. I use the cloth to steam my face about three or four times, enuff to feel "clean" and sometimes finish with a tad of my facecream.

After this method of cleansing m face is glowing, not that oily glow, just healthy, "im happy" type of glow to my face. The redness is disappearing as well as scars. Will keep use and will update in a few weeks.

on 12/31/2014 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

I have the organic oil I bought at my local trader Joes . I use it daily as my backup eye makeup remover of mascara and lid with cotton-padded. 2 . All over body for smother skin next morning 3 . Use 3 drops for under eyes homemade serum mix with vitamin C and rosehip oil . 4. As a light sheen for eye shadow to glow instead of glitter with new year coming I want look classic not showgirl. I have dry skin and has made great oil face serum.

on 11/14/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I use Almond oil on my face as part of my nightly skincare routine. I had eczema on my eyelid in my 20s and since I started using this a few years ago, its completely vanished. I add a small drop to my night cream and I wake to beautifully smooth skin. I also use this directly on my cuticles, feet, hair before bed, elbows and nipples lol.. truly keeps them soft and smooth.
Whole Foods $14

on 8/31/2014 4:53:00 PM

This is the most effective makeup remover I have ever used and it moisturizes without causing breakouts. It even made my stubby eyelashes grow long enough to curl! I tried to use it as a shaving oil, but it gave me razor burn for some reason. For everything else, though, it is a godsend.

on 8/27/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used almond oil for over ten years as an eye make up remover and let me tell you-- I am fascinated at the price, the job, and the effects. Almond oil removes all my make up without leaving one ounce of residue. I am 26 years old and I am fairly happy on how almond oil has kept my eyes hydrated even after removing my eye make up. Almond oil is affordable, natural, and efficient--cannot and will not give up on almond oil--a Mexican make up remover from my home to your home. ;)

Popular Hair Products