September 2, 2014 | 1017 users online

Hair - Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by emcoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most effective makeup remover I have ever used and it moisturizes without causing breakouts. It even made my stubby eyelashes grow long enough to curl! I tried to use it as a shaving oil, but it gave me razor burn for some reason. For everything else, though, it is a godsend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by denii316

I have used almond oil for over ten years as an eye make up remover and let me tell you-- I am fascinated at the price, the job, and the effects. Almond oil removes all my make up without leaving one ounce of residue. I am 26 years old and I am fairly happy on how almond oil has kept my eyes hydrated even after removing my eye make up. Almond oil is affordable, natural, and efficient--cannot and will not give up on almond oil--a Mexican make up remover from my home to your home. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Michelle1642

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would have never thought that almond oil would actually work on my dark circles, but it did!! I have always had oily skin so putting oil on my face was very scary. That's why originally I have always used almond oil on my nails and fingers, and sometimes on my body after a shower. It leaves your skin so smooth and soft, and it's just lovely. But I think that the best usage I've had so far was for dark circles. My dark circles are hereditary, so they will never go away entirely unfortunately (unless maybe if I sleep and eat very well which I don't always do lol). I've tried a lot of commercial products (some expensive and some less), nothing actually worked. Since I've been using almond oil around my eye area (just one or two drops), my dark circles have gotten lighter and the skin around my eye is sooo smooth and hydrated (I've always suffered from dry skin around the eye area and no product was able to solve the issue). When I used it for removing eye makeup though it did sting and hurt a lot! Sometimes if I use too much, the bone around my eye hurts (I know it's weird). That's why I only use one or two drops at night before going to bed and I absolutely love it. Women spend a lifetime buying expensive products without getting the result they want, and most of them are not aware that the best products are actually the cheaper and most natural ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love using Sweet Almond oil as a carrier for topical and aromatherapeutic purposes. As long as you don't have a nut allergy - this is a great carrier oil choice. Great for lips, cuticles, legs & feet and the ends of dry hair. Sweet Almond oil is a great thing to use for topical, skincare and aromatherapy (carrier oil) & massage applications.

Blends well with other oils - essential or carrier - equally effective on its own.
Light, easy to blend with other oils, works well on its own also.

A great oil in my aromatherapy aresenal.

Not cheap - but not cost prohibitive.

Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I am not sure why this works,but I use almond oil on my lips at night to reduce the pigmentation. I have naturally dark lips but I like to wear lighter lipglosses. Using a dab of almond oil on lips mixed with my lip salve at night keeps it more pinkish. It does not completely lighten my lips nor does it permanently remove the pigmentation, but I like how my pale lipglosses now look on me.

Oh I also mix the oil in my deep conditioner. My hair loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sweet almond oil is my favorite natural oil! I use it the following ways:
1. pre-shampoo treatment
2.makeup remover
3.face serum
4.cuticle oil
5. "booster" for conditioners
6.hair styling

It's super versatile and I prefer it over coconut, olive, grapeseed, and jojoba oil.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by frostygrrl

I have never been happier with such a basic product. I originally bought this to use as a moisturizer but I soon forgot about it in a drawer. I've been growing my hair out and it's really damaged at the ends from coloring and heat styling. Even after I had a cut, the ends are just so dry and my hair is thick and tends to be coarse as well. I remembered I had the almond oil sitting in my drawer and put it on the ends and left it in a bun overnight. I really, really love this stuff. It washes out really easily (unlike coconut oil-- I had to wash my hair a few times to get it all out and my hair still felt heavy) and it makes my hair super soft and sleek feeling. Actually, it's a really good way to get "second day hair" even if you've just washed it. It absorbs quickly and easily and my hair actually looks healthy now. All you have to do is experiment with the amount a little. I've been using more than I thought I would, but the bottle I have will still last me at least 6 months or so. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all-- such a good thing, since my hair is thick and heavy as it is. I can run my fingers through it all day without getting caught up in dry, tangled hair. I've been using it twice a day-- once my hair is dry, as a finisher to smooth and keep frizz down, and then after work once I'm settled at home, I put more in and throw it up and let it sit for the rest of the day and overnight and wash as usual the next morning. I've noticed that even after a wash, while the hair is wet, it still feels soft and sleek. I have a 4 oz bottle of the NOW brand I got from a health foods store for under $5, so it's super cheap and definitely worth a try if you're trying to repair damaged hair. I absolutely love this oil and I'll continue to use it. Definitely a HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by ferosferio

This is my favorite oil for my super sensitive and dry skin. I use it day and night and my skin drank it all up. I love that it's not fast absorbing like jojoba oil so it stay longer on my skin, it's more gentle than jojoba oil, and work as well as jojoba oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchase Almond Oil in bulk on eBay. Then I transfer it into a clean color applicator bottle or the twist top applicator bottles that are sold at Bed bath & Beyond for about $1. The oil can be heated at any time by placing in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes before using as a treatment. My favorite ways to use:

1 - PRE-SHAMPOO OIL - Apply to scalp, massage in and down lengths of hair concentrating on ends. Place conditioning cap on and hot towel and let penetrait before shampooing. Reduces harsh effect of sulfate shampoos. Using it as a hot oil on your scalp helps prevent dryness, dandruff and flaking, especially in the winter. Doesn't buildup.

2 -HAIR OIL: After hair is styled, use to smooth. Little is needed, too much will make hair lose movement. Alternatively, you can use for sealing ends of hair and helping prevent drying out especially during winter time. Can also be used to "baggy" ends of hair.

3 - CONDITIONER - Apply about 5 drops into bottle of your favorite moisturizing conditioner during winter time to increase moisturizing properties of the conditioner.

4 - NAILS - Use as a cuticle oil before bedtime or when doing at-home manicures before pushing cuticles back.

5 - BATH - Add to bath water to soften skin while in water.

6 - SKIN - Add to lotion or apply to skin dry for hydration. Isn't sticky and absorbs well.

7 - FACE - Use as a face oil to moisturize in evening time, or after a chemical peel

8 - COOKING - Its also great as an oil for salad dressings, and this is an oil that will work well at high heat so is also great for sautéing vegetables. It can be substituted for butter in most recipes for a healthier alternative.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

the absolute best eye-makeup remover I've EVER tried! I insist on using this, and I really hate when I sleep at a friend´s house whom dosen't use it, and use normal makeup-remover..
I'm in love with my almond oil <3 I think it makes my lashes a little longer and thicker :-D

- UPDATE:
- unfortunetly the oil messed up my eyes after using it for a loong period of time (making them red and irritated) so I had to stop using it as eyemakeup remover :/

But I still love to use it in my mixed-oil-hair-mask and on my legs after shaving :)