April 19, 2014 | 1714 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Foundation brush

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by daniak57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this brush and I regert buying it. Okay I agree its soft and the hairs don't fall out, but it absorbs my foundation too much and leaves terrible streak marks.
I wouldn't recommend buying this brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by essence38

Left my foundation streaky even after trying different primers and moisturizers underneath. Sturdy handle and the bristles don't fall out or anything but I was disappointed in the performance of this brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I've had this brush for years. Not sure why but it makes my foundation streaky. Never use it much.

For what it's worth, the brush in itself is sturdy, soft and good. For the price it is actually great. Just doesn't do it for me, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by HolyBananas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the negative reviews for this brush! I actually really like it. :)

It's soft on the skin, it doesn't soak up too much product, it doesn't shed, and it doesn't make my foundation too streaky. I tried a stippling brush beforehand to apply makeup but I found that I like a good old foundation brush better.

It's a little expensive but it seems like it will last a while. Would definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had never owned a foundation brush before this one but had expected good things from The Body Shop. While I still do like the shape, size, and softness of this brush (plus it has never shed), it just doesn't cut it for me. I usually have to do a fair amount of extra tweaking with a makeup sponge and/or my fingers for my foundation to look decent; otherwise it's just too streaky and too difficult to blend with this brush. It has also been a pain to clean and as some reviewers have said, it starts to lose its original shape. Not worth the price. I'm in the market for a different brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation brush is a traditional foundation brush for creamy and watery foudation. It doesn't shed, feels good on face with soft bristles, but stiff enough to sculpt my face. It doesn't streak too, so the application has been smooth. However, after 2 years of using it, it begins to change in shape, and that's the problem with all The Body Shop brushes - they are not very durable. One side of the bristles all goes to the other side and now it is very uneven. weird!

Overall, I think it's a brush for beginners and would be a good choice if you don't put on makeup that often!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by stls

I think it's a decent brush, performs nicely but absorbs too much liquid foundation. I need to wash it every single time- spot cleansing does not seem to be enough for this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

its amazing, i use little quick strokes and it applies my liquid foundation just perfect although
it gives a much nicer more natural finish and more coverage :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by juicyhearts07

I was actually heading towards the Sephora in my mall to get a new foundation brush, which, if you buy it from the Sephora Pro Collection, is $27. But on my way I passed TBS, and I thought taking a look at their foundation brush won't hurt, right? The girl in the store wasn't very friendly. She just kinda explained to me how the brush hair NEVER falls out (tried and true!!!), how the hair's very dense, and that it's made of 100% synthetic fiber(which is supposedly better than natural, since it soaks up less of your liquid makeup than a natural-hair brush). I had to ask her questions to know more about it, which is not usually the way at TBS. However, I decided to give it a try, since it meant saving $4.
The brush handle is very sturdy and easy to control while applying liquid foundation. I've heard some people say it's hard to clean but I think it's relatively easy. I haven't seen a single hair fall out yet, and the hair is so densely packed it kinda drives me crazy.
The only con is that it doesn't have one of those plastic cylinder shaped things that comes with Sephora brushes. I used to wash my brushes and put them into the brush tip "protector" and stand them like that.(if you use them you know what I'm talking about) But this one just came with an outer packaging...
Over all a great brush that everyone should try! And I think this is really quite cheap comparing to MAC brushes...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by raniee0616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my first foundation brush before i changed to sigma.
this is a decent foundation brush, so soft and dense.
it applies liquid foundation evenly on my face without marks
but the only con is that i gets cakey so fast.
you have to wash it almost every 3 or 4 days.
but it's definitely worth trying :)