December 21, 2014 | 1607 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - Master Class III Color & Contour

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Nicolitachica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best palette I've ever used! All of the colors are great and very usable. My favorite part is how the eyeshadows are grouped by shade already. It's aesthetically pleasing and makes it easier to put on. The case is a little bulky but that is the ONLY con.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by PinkJuice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I looove, love, love this palette! It is worth every penny. Not only are the shadows lovely, but so are the face powders. I was expecting them to be throwaways, but I use them regularly. So pleased to see how lovely and long lasting they are. I was a little disappointed in Papaya's (the coral shade) lack of pigmentation, it is simply not as vibrant as the other colors, and the matte shades aren't as easy to blend as the shimmers. The face powders also proved a lot of fall out.

Other than Papaya... 16 beautiful gorgeous eyeshadows, 15 beautiful color shades, 3 highly pigmented blushes, a lovely highligher, a creamy bronzer and a great contour powder. Honestly, once you swatch these shadows and see them in person... you will drool. They are so pretty and look so amazing on the eyes. Part of me dies a little when I use them because I know it is limited edition and I won't be able to repurchase this later on. The packaging is awesome as well. Very sturdy and the powders all come with a plastic covering. Each side is removable and you can get a less sturdy, but more compact palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this palette. You get so much product for your money and is only $65 with a $300 value. I picked up a couple to gift to family and friends. It is the perfect gift for any makeup junkie. The eyeshadows are beautiful, smooth, creamy and pigmented. The blushes and powders are amazing quality as well. Highly recommend to anyone, hurry and pick one up because it is limited edition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

Smashbox heard our gripes and complaints about the less than satisfactory packaging of last year's Master Class II Palette and totally redeemed themselves with this one. This is an absolutely lovely product that almost totally makes up for last years lackluster offering. First let me explain that the failing of last years MC palette was not in the quality of the make-up but in the extremely poor quality of the packaging and it's inability to protect the precious product inside. Mine sits in a drawer with rubber bands around it as this is the only way to keep the thing closed as it was made from cheap pressed and padded cardboard that warped as soon as it was taken out of the box. The warping has made it impossible for the magnetic closure to hold the palette shut and this has made it impossible to use anywhere but at my vanity. Enough said about MC II.

This years palette, Master Class III, is book-like with two heavy duty, removable palettes inside. Each palette is it's own covered plastic box and this one will travel well for extended trips in which I want to take a vast selection of colors. Yes ladies, I said covered. Each palette has a clear, hard plastic cover that is hinged, no more clear plastic sheeting that is way too similar to Saran Wrap!

The colors are a great selection from their large make-up offerings that range from natural earth tones and nudes on the left and vibrant bright colors. The left palette includes a contour kit in lieu of the traditional blushes and the right palette contains very natural bronzers and blushes.

Price wise this was a bit more expensive than previous years' but well worth the money just for the improvements made to packaging and presentation. I have had this for about a month and have already used it more than MC II which I have owned for a year. Definitely worth serious consideration if you are a Smashbox fan and like their Master Class palettes.