April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmers - Palmer's Shea Butter Lotion

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't think this lotion worked any better than a cheaper brand would. It isn't for someone with dry skin especially in the winter weather. I was very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love. Love the texture, love the moisturising properties, even love green-banana-cream smell, which is blankety and soothing. Love the concentrated version of this product too, the thick one for hands and feet. Palmer's mis-named 'fragrance free' lotion is going in the bin. Hate the scent of that one, although I concede the product is very moisturising. Anyway, I've found what I want.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by fayray00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently ran out of my previous body moisturizer and decided to go for a cheaper option. I heard a lot of good things about the Palmer's Cocoa butter and figured the Shea butter should work just as good. While I love the consistency and I don't even mind the smell too much, it just doesn't give me enough moisture. When I first put it on, it takes me a while to even get it rubbed in properly. It just doesn't seem like it absorbs into my skin, it just lays on top. It feels nice for the first 3-4 hours, but after that it feels like I never even had lotion on in the first place. To be honest, I think it just gets absorbed into my clothes. I wanted to like this because the price is so do-able but sorry to say, I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Romanticide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
- tropical smell (like banana & frangipani)
- nice consistency
- left skin soft
Cons:
- slight residue on skin
I liked this moisturiser for use on legs in summer. The body wash has a similar fragrance and is also nice for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is really great, particularly if used as a foot lotion. I used it on mine and it worked wonders. It made them really soft, especially after filing away the dead skin. I really like this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like the smell of Cocoa butter so I bought this lotion (that has Vitamin E in it as well) as I am a huge fan of Shea Butters. It did seem to nicely moisturize my skin but I just cannot stand the smell of this product. It smells too herbal and/or green for my nose. I tried to use it up but due to the smell I'm using this as a foot cream only. Not repurchaisng this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by MZ_PRiNCESS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this item in the brown/ tan colored bottle with a pump because I was looking for fragrance free cocoa butter and all the stores in my city were out or did not carry it. I cannot stand the smell of cocoa butter. However I'm very glad I came across the shea butter lotion instead, I like the frangrance, it seems thicker and more moisturizing than the palmers cocoa butter, It also leaves my skin glowing with a nice sheen. I prefer this 10x more than cocoa butter. The condition of my skin is better overall. I'm not sure if it has the same properties as cocoa butter as far as its fading capabilities, but it is still a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by JennyOo

I bought this for a bargain price of 2.12 at the grocery store. I was stoked. My SO raised his eyebrows and said sourly, "Don't you have enought of that stuff?"

Hmph.

I like the Palmer's Cocoa Butter. It is an excellent moisturizer and I've noticed a difference in my stretch marks. But the smell is atrocious!
I smelled this in the grocery aisle and the fragrance is like ripened bananas and something divine. I don't understand why everyone else can't stand it!

It is not as moisturizing as the cocoa butter, but Palmer;s also makes this in the cream, which might work better for those with drier skin.

Anyhow, I'm going back to the grocery store tomorrow because dayum, I'm going to buy the rest of these! 2.12?!?!?!?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by MariaBraun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product while travelling in Australia simply because in the supermarket over there I couldn't find Palmer's regular cocoa butter lotion. Well, I could put up with the strong smell but unfortunately this product does nothing at moisturising the skin and I have oily skin. I can't think what it would be like for dry skin people to use this product. After applying this lotion the skin seems dry again about 10 minutes later and this was in tropical climate in Queensland where natural humidity makes the skin retain moisture much better than in drier climates.
Once I got back to the UK I realised that it was impossible to continue using this product. Just as somebody mentioned in one of the previous reviews I doubt this product has any natural shea butter in it. Shea butter is actually extremely emollient and moisturising but if you want quality you need to order some raw African shea butter. This product is not good and as much as I love Palmer's cocoa butter that I have been using for at least 8 years their shea butter lotion is rubbish. I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by mimii071

i really thought i would love this lotion as i was buying it but after i put it on, the smell is really noticeable and it moisturizes okay..not that great. I think the smell is what i can't grasp but if you're like me and picky about lotions then u must smell this before u buy! It's either you love it or hate it!