April 17, 2014 | 1700 users online

Powder - Merle Norman - Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Sniffy50

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay. I keeping buying this stuff and it has been 8 years....over and over. But yet, I still buy others only to come back to this. It leaves a very matte effect that looks flawless and it smells like cookie dough.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never would have known about this powder foundation had it not been for MUA. I tracked down a store while on vacation and bought the color Chiffon for my light, cool toned complexion. I could have gone a shade lighter for winter but it's fine. It doesn't make me break out and lasts well enough for a powder foundation. I HATE the fragrance. Bleh. May try the Lancome soon but this is an option to be kept in reserve! Not bad, longest lasting I've found so far.
Update 4/2014
Still using this and have noticed it lasts almost as long as a liquid but is keeping the shine down (well, as much as anything can) better than any liquid I've ever owned. I'm so impressed - better than powder foundations from Shiseido and Lancome and is lasting forever in the compact. I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ctm794

I found this product by reading reviews here on MakeupAlley and thankfully I have a Merle Norman store in my city. I am so impressed! I have spent a lot of money on foundations and have tried almost everything. Some of the higher priced ones are great but I can't justify the price anymore. The price point of the Ultra Powder Foundation is outstanding. As for the product itself, I love it. It goes on beautifully, stays on and keeps the shine away. I will definitely buy this one again - and it will probably be my one and only! Thanks, ladies!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by carebear1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have worked at Merle Norman for over a year now, and the Ultra Powder is hands down my favorite product. I have tried many other drugstore and high end powder foundations and nothing beats this one! It lasts a long time, has great coverage, and leaves your skin matte. It doesn't melt off my face in the summer too, which is amazing because that never happens! I definitely recommend trying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation. It makes both foundation and powder in one step! No SPF though which kinda sucks. Great coverage. (About medium) and buildable without getting too cakey. For $25-30, it truly is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Kimmybyers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is perfect over a bb or cc cream. Last all day. Great for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best powder in the world. My color is Ultra Golden. I've used this since high school. You can use it as a stand-alone foundation if you wish. I have done that on days that I just want a light, sheer coverage. Typically I wear it over MN Lasting Foundation in Soft Bisque. This powder is the key to getting an air brushed look.
My one complaint is in the packaging. MN forever and always had the long white pearlesque compact. It was classy, elegant, a stand-apart look. Recently they switched to a plain black small compact. It was awful. It broke and just didn't have that same suave look. MN recently and "temporarily" so I'm told went back to the classic white compact. I walked into a store one day and bought the last 3 they had in Ultra Golden. MN please keep the white compact and don't change again. As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by lisbet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was scheduled to have knee replacement surgery in December and I didn't want any foundation that would be liquid or creamy. I felt a powder would be easiest to apply while laying in bed. I had tried numerous foundations-I must have spent a mint on both high end and drug store products and nothing seemed to work. My complexion is about an NC25, but notoriously hard to match for some reason. The neck area has like a red rash from sun damage and while I don't need heavy coverage, I am developing some dark spots with my advancing age (58). I was tired, knees hurting, and I saw a Merle Norman store on my way home from a very tiring trip to the mall. It was about 5 minutes from my home and I had never noticed it!! I had associated Merle Norman with older women-but who am I kidding?? I AM an older woman now LOL! So I stopped and explained what I needed and the beautiful saleslady, who looked like a VERY well preserved 60's removed my makeup and remarked "why are you trying to cover your skin-it's still very young looking!" Well, I fell in love with her on the spot! She sold me some powder foundation in Ultra Chiffon which for the first time in a very long time actually blended well with my skin tone! I didn't even have to use it all over-just in the spots that needed evening. since then, I have received dozens (no joke!!) of compliments from friends who want to know what I'm doing different!! This is definitely my HG foundation. Just sorry it took me so long to find it and in my own back yard!!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

Love this powder foundation! It is everything I could want in a powder foundation. On days that I don't want full coverage I just wear this. When I am going out I use this over the lasting foundation. I am pale and use this in light. The packaging is very sleek and user friendly. It gives a matte finish and wears well. If you get a correct match in this, you really can't go wrong. The new packaging is a nice update. I really cannot detect a fragrance in this. Some people may be more sensitive to fragrance in products than I am.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by shomaq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After reading the ratings on this product I drove about 20 minutes away to try this product. It says it's a powder foundation, but it seemed more like a lightweight powder to me. Applied dry it seemed like an average powder, applied wet, I didn't like the finish at all. The fragrance is very classic, at times annoying. Packaging, I really didn't care for it, but more importantly I don't believe this product receives this high of a rating IMHO.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No