Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation

4.4

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Methicone, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance (Parfum) 101905.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a fantastic foundation. Great coverage and stays on.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for over 6 years. It overall is the best powder foundation for my oily t-zone skin. It does not oxidize. I go back and forth between several colors. I have tried pretty much every powder foundation out there from high end to drug store and the rest do not stack up. I always try something else then end up coming back to MN. It goes on smooth and unless it is super humid or hot I am not shiny in my t-zone. I wish it had a little more staying power in the hot weather. I usually use the sponge it comes with then touch up with a brush. Coverage is pretty good but not too heavy. It is not perfect but close to perfect considering all of the foundations I have tried but keep coming back. Price is average it is around $30 for a compact it lasts me over a month. They just updated their compact and I had a couple that broke that I had to take back but they said they have fixed the problem with their compacts. Excellent customer service at MN and the ladies are always super sweet in the store.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

There were so many positive reviews about this powder, I thought I'd try it out.

It does not control oil. At least on me. One can't keep re-powdering their face with this; there's too much pigment in it and you'll look a bit cakey if you do.

I prefer a more fine-textured powder; this one's a little too heavy for me. The scent is too much for me; very old-lady like.

Disappointed and $40 CAD lighter. Won't be going into Merle Norman again.

This is my all time favorite powder foundation. Ever. I constantly try new products but there is nothing that compares to this powder foundation. I wear it over liquid foundation and it makes it LAST. I was a waitress for two years who worked double shifts almost everyday and it kept my makeup in place, even through sweat, humidity, and heat. The finish that this powder leaves is amazing. I constantly get compliments on how beautiful my "skin" is and I give all the credit to Merle Norman! If you haven't tried their products, please do! You will be so satisfied!

I normally wear loose mineral powder foundations, and I was looking for something more convenient and less messy. I paid $25 at my local Merle Norman, which seemed like a good value for the amount you get. I wasn't too impressed with it though. It looked dry and cakey on me. It also has a strong fragrance to it, which doesn't really smell bad, but I'd prefer not to have a fragrance in my makeup. I decided to take it back for a refund and keep looking.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never would have known about this powder foundation had it not been for MUA. I tracked down a store while on vacation and bought the color Chiffon for my light, cool toned complexion. I could have gone a shade lighter for winter but it's fine. It doesn't make me break out and lasts well enough for a powder foundation. I HATE the fragrance. Bleh. May try the Lancome soon but this is an option to be kept in reserve! Not bad, longest lasting I've found so far.
Update 4/2014
Still using this and have noticed it lasts almost as long as a liquid but is keeping the shine down (well, as much as anything can) better than any liquid I've ever owned. I'm so impressed - better than powder foundations from Shiseido and Lancome and is lasting forever in the compact. I will buy again!

I found this product by reading reviews here on MakeupAlley and thankfully I have a Merle Norman store in my city. I am so impressed! I have spent a lot of money on foundations and have tried almost everything. Some of the higher priced ones are great but I can't justify the price anymore. The price point of the Ultra Powder Foundation is outstanding. As for the product itself, I love it. It goes on beautifully, stays on and keeps the shine away. I will definitely buy this one again - and it will probably be my one and only! Thanks, ladies!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have worked at Merle Norman for over a year now, and the Ultra Powder is hands down my favorite product. I have tried many other drugstore and high end powder foundations and nothing beats this one! It lasts a long time, has great coverage, and leaves your skin matte. It doesn't melt off my face in the summer too, which is amazing because that never happens! I definitely recommend trying it!

I really like this foundation. It makes both foundation and powder in one step! No SPF though which kinda sucks. Great coverage. (About medium) and buildable without getting too cakey. For $25-30, it truly is worth it!

This is perfect over a bb or cc cream. Last all day. Great for oily skin.