October 1, 2014 | 1149 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Sheer and Perfect Compact SPF 21

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by zakitis

As i have extremely oily skin so therefore i have very big pores which cloggs easily, acne scarring. I am 34. I read on Kevy Aucoin make up book that oily skin looks better with less products even though often we want to cover those pores with lots of products. It was suggestes to use just concelear and powder. So i guess this product is just most perfect combination for oily skiners:) it incredibly fine melted, super silky texture. I have yellow, tanned skin so I40 and I60 are perfect colours. I went for I60. It gives skin so silky feeling that first time after long time i was looking at my skin almost poreless. It has coverage though. The medium. Its very easy to apply blush after. The finish is mattw but not like totally matt there is this nice subtle dewiness. Not sure if it works for dry skin, maybe only as finishing powder. Staying powder is amazing. I will not lie a say my face didnot shine but it definately shined less. I40 do not give any colour it just make skin look perfect. I choose i60 as i wanted to have more tan look. Love yellow undertones on foundation. I think it is must have for oily skin with uneven texture, acne scarring and shine like a superstar skin problems! Having oily skin is great anyways, with good skin care routine it can look beautif and especially with this compact. If you guys find a good brush to apply it let me know. So far i am thinking on getting Elf mineral powder buffing brush to even put the expensive price of Shiseido:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Hoyman

I like this powder foundation. It very fine powder, doesn't look cakey, last good amount of time. It give decent coverage, matte but not flat. The only cons is packaging and puff. The case is not good puff too cheap. I owned all powder foundation cases in every line that shiseido had and hate this case, but good product. My shade is I40.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by oniondip

This is Shiseido's newest compact, which is probably the powder-complement to the Sheer and Perfect liquid foundation. I bought this for $30 and the case separately. It's not cheap but I definitely don't regret buying it at all.

It's described as sheer coverage, which I won't disagree with. It covers redness with little effort so I don't need to pack it on. For my intense acne scars, I definitely need to use a concealer first but the redness goes away easily. The redness around my nose goes away very easily.

The powder picks up REALLY easily so I wouldn't kick it around with a brush. I use Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush and I just pat it onto the powder compact and it picks up a surprising amount. On the face, it doesn't look powdery whatsoever. I just packed on some more on my face and it doesn't look powdery at all.

Because it's a powder, it goes on somewhat matte, but it definitely doesn't flatten the skin. It's matte, but not dull. which is great in a powder.

It lasts very well on the face (I always use primer+setting powder anyways). I did use it without primer/setting powder around my nose the other day and it didn't budge after 5 hours. I've had it on 8 hours (primer+powder) and it hasn't budged WHATsoever.

I use it in O40 which is definitely for yellow/warm skin (asian).

My skin is very oily and I always suggest powder foundation for oily people. It definitely doesn't make my oily skin worse. It's hard to tell if it makes it better because I use a lot of mattifying products already. I would still recommend it for oily skin.

It highlighted one dry-patch I have but it didn't highlight it very much. Just have moisturized skin.

Would definitely repurchase. The compact is adorable but sold separately. I think it's their best compact yet. 4/5 because it doesn't separate the sponge with a physical tray, but it comes with a thin plastic separator when you buy the refill, which would separate the powder/puff. I really dislike the puff; it's thin and hardly picks up product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No