September 19, 2014 | 911 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Sheer and Perfect Compact SPF 21

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Hoyman

I like this powder foundation. It very fine powder, doesn't look cakey, last good amount of time. It give decent coverage, matte but not flat. The only cons is packaging and puff. The case is not good puff too cheap. I owned all powder foundation cases in every line that shiseido had and hate this case, but good product. My shade is I40.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by oniondip

This is Shiseido's newest compact, which is probably the powder-complement to the Sheer and Perfect liquid foundation. I bought this for $30 and the case separately. It's not cheap but I definitely don't regret buying it at all.

It's described as sheer coverage, which I won't disagree with. It covers redness with little effort so I don't need to pack it on. For my intense acne scars, I definitely need to use a concealer first but the redness goes away easily. The redness around my nose goes away very easily.

The powder picks up REALLY easily so I wouldn't kick it around with a brush. I use Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush and I just pat it onto the powder compact and it picks up a surprising amount. On the face, it doesn't look powdery whatsoever. I just packed on some more on my face and it doesn't look powdery at all.

Because it's a powder, it goes on somewhat matte, but it definitely doesn't flatten the skin. It's matte, but not dull. which is great in a powder.

It lasts very well on the face (I always use primer+setting powder anyways). I did use it without primer/setting powder around my nose the other day and it didn't budge after 5 hours. I've had it on 8 hours (primer+powder) and it hasn't budged WHATsoever.

I use it in O40 which is definitely for yellow/warm skin (asian).

My skin is very oily and I always suggest powder foundation for oily people. It definitely doesn't make my oily skin worse. It's hard to tell if it makes it better because I use a lot of mattifying products already. I would still recommend it for oily skin.

It highlighted one dry-patch I have but it didn't highlight it very much. Just have moisturized skin.

Would definitely repurchase. The compact is adorable but sold separately. I think it's their best compact yet. 4/5 because it doesn't separate the sponge with a physical tray, but it comes with a thin plastic separator when you buy the refill, which would separate the powder/puff. I really dislike the puff; it's thin and hardly picks up product.