SAMY Ampliflying Leave-in Conditioner & Styler

4.5

on 3/16/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really like this product, although I'm a little baffled by it being labelled a conditioner. I don't find this to be especially good at conditioning my hair, but it is a fantastic styling product for adding texture and volume, which is why I bought it anyway. My hair is fine and thin, and not chemically treated in any way, so it is in good condition to start with, but too soft and limp to hold a style. This leave-in gives it way more volume than any other product I have used lately. I have tried a number of "amplifying" blow dry products that were too thick and sticky to distribute easily through my hair. This one, on the other hand, is relatively thin and sort of slick and siliconey feeling in my hands, making it very easy to work through my hair. But, surprisingly, once it is distributed, my hair doesn't feel the least bit slick and siliconey. In fact, it feels slightly "roughed up". Not at all what I would want in a conditioner, but exactly what I want in a volumizing/texturizing styling product. And the volume lasts from one shampoo to the next. I don't love the smell of this, but it is not very strong after my hair dries. It is also relatively inexpensive. After trying dozens of styling products looking for some volume, I was pleasantly surprised to find one that actually works.

on 8/13/2014 7:22:00 AM

This leave in conditioner was surprisingly good. It softens and smooths my hair, which is a feat, considering my hair is gray/silver. This really settles it down and softens it without any product residue. This is what I thought "It's a 10" was going to be. Love this product, makes my hair 30 years younger and softer.